Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For info...

THE BUSINESS DESK

HOUSE SALES HIT YORKSHIRE ESTATE AGENT

By Ian Briggs - Deputy Editor

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/news/3777-house-sales-hit-yor...

A DIRECTOR of Yorkshire-based estate agent Hunters has dismissed speculation that the company is set to enter administration as "complete nonsense" but admitted 40% of its staff had left because of slow trading.

Kevin Hollinrake, who runs Hunters Property Group with his brother Keith, said the estate agents, which has 20 residential offices across the North of England, was "sound".

But Mr Hollinrake said the property market was in a "sharp and severe shock", with residential transactions at their lowest levels since the......

for the full story register now for free or login below...

THE OXFORD MAIL

ESTATE AGENTS LOSE JOBS

By Maggie Hartford

http://www.oxfordmail.net/business/news/display.var.2352143....

AN OXFORDSHIRE estate agent is to close at the end of the month, while another 13 jobs have been axed at a second property group.

Hodsons branch in Bicester is the latest in a series of agency closures in the county, while Andrews estate agents announced 13 redundancies, but says no offices will close. …

THE PETERSFIELD POST

MARKET IS DOWN? IT'S ALL TALK, SAYS AGENT

http://www.petersfieldpost.co.uk/news/Market-is-down-It39s-a...

Some estate agents in East Hampshire are talking down the district's property market to push through sales, according to one agent in Petersfield.

Claims that house prices have dropped by 10 per cent – as reported in the Post on July 2 – have been refuted by Gascoigne Pees manager Gavin James, which he says creates a "false impression of the market."

He believes some agents are attempting to persuade clients to accept lower offers in order to encourage a sale.

He accepts some sectors of the market have dropped but insists Petersfield's unique combination of attractions keeps the local industry buoyant. …

THE NEWS GUARDIAN

ESTATE AGENTS CLOSE DOWN

By DAVID SEDGWICK

http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/latest-news/Estate-agents-clos...

ANOTHER estate agents in Whitley Bay has closed down.

The Halifax estate agents in Park View closed this week after company Holloway & Gillespie went into administration.

Staff from the Whitley Bay branch were called to a meeting at the sister branch site in Blyth on Tuesday morning where they were told the devastating news.

All have been made redundant as a result. …

THIS IS PLYMOUTH

PRICES DOWN – BUT IT'S 'NOT DOOM AND GLOOM'

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Prices-8211-s-doom-gloo...

HOUSE prices in some areas of Plymouth have fallen by more than 10 per cent since January.

Prices have plummeted by an average of around seven per cent in the city, according to figures released by Connells estate agents.

The statistics show properties in just one area of the city, Derriford, have remained static in the last six months, while none have increased in price.

Meanwhile prices in some areas – including the city centre – have fallen by an average of more than 11 per cent. …

THE MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS

AGENTS GO UNDER IN PROPERTY CRISIS

Chris Barry

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/business/s/10568...

THE crisis in the residential property is market is claiming a growing number of estate agency businesses, it emerged today.

Just this week the Halifax Estate agency branch in Chorlton (pictured), which was operated under franchise, shut up shop, while the Cheshire Building Society is restructuring its entire property sales network and also closing branches.

Dean Sanderson, Cheshire and Lancashire chairman of the National Association of Estate Agents said the market has 'never been so tough'. …

WALES ONLINE

ESTATE AGENT TO CLOSE BRANCHES

by Aled Blake, Western Mail

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-in-wales/business-news...

THERE were more signs of a slowing housing market in Wales yesterday after leading estate agency Darlows announced it is closing two of its branches.

Darlows, a subsidiary of Spicehaart Estate Agency, said it was closing its Whitchurch and Barry operations amid tough trading conditions. The company was keen to stress that the closures are part of a downward trend affecting the whole house-buying sector. …

EDP24

ESTATE AGENT CEASES TRADING

JON WELCH

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnli...

Another Norfolk estate agent has ceased trading, blaming a slowdown in the housing market and a lack of sales - and one of its bosses has warned more could follow.

Elliots, which had branches in Norwich city centre, Eaton, Wymondham, Brundall and Thorpe, has gone into liquidation. All eight staff have been made redundant and were told of the news yesterday.

The news comes three months after the parent company of Norwich-based Property Shop collapsed with the loss of 35 jobs. The Property Shop name has survived, however, thanks to a management buyout.

James Elliot Matthews, managing director of Elliots, said: “We have put the company into liquidation. The volume of sales just slowed to an unacceptable level which forced us to cease trading. …

BURY FREE PRESS

RICHARD GREEN ESTATE AGENT CLOSES DOORS

By Mark Beaumont

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/Richard-Green-estate-age...

Bury St Edmunds estate agent Richard Green has announced its closure from today due to the collapse of the housing market – the second in the town this year. …

THE BURTON MAIL

CREDIT CRUNCH FORCES ESTATE AGENTS TO CLOSE

by ADRIAN JENKINS

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burtonmail-news/DisplayArticle.a...

THE CREDIT crunch has forced three estate agents serving Burton and South Derbyshire to close five offices and hand their business to former rivals.

Their moves are understood to have been triggered by buyers' difficulty in getting good mortgage deals as banks tighten their purse strings because of poor cashflow. …

ROUNDHAY TODAY

OAKWOOD: ESTATE AGENT GOES BUST

http://www.roundhaytoday.co.uk/news/Oakwood-Estate-agent-goe...

A franchised Halifax estate agent branch in Oakwood has shut down.

Park Square Agencies Ltd, which owns the franchise along with another in Cross Gates, shut the premises on Monday.

The branch at 468 Roundhay Road, Oakwood opened in November.

At least 14 people were made redundant. Two others were let go in May. …

THE WAKEFIELD EXPRESS

TOUGH TRADING TIMES PROMPT AGENCY CLOSURE

By Staff Copy

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/business/Tough-trading-tim...

DIFFICULT trading conditions in Wakefield have been blamed for the closure of one of the city's estate agents.

Well-established Manchester-based firm Ryder and Dutton, which came to Wakefield in December 2006, has shut down its Northgate branch and made two members of staff redundant. …

THE DRIFFIELD TIMES

ESTATE AGENT DEFIES SLOWDOWN AND OPENS IN DRIFFIELD

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/news/Estate-agent-defies-slo...

AMID the worst housing crisis in living memory, a Driffield estate agency has closed its doors and another is set to open.

The franchisee of Hunters Estate Agents insists they can make a go of the business despite the bleak outlook for the housing market.

Franchisee Nicola Watson told the Driffield Times she was confident the housing market slowdown, which forced the Driffield branch of Bairstow Eves out of business, will not thwart her career aspirations.

She said: "It's a difficult market out there and it's not unreasonable for people to ask why I am opening. We will do it through hard work and tenacity."

Okay had the meeting with estate agent and mr x , goes like this

He said if he buys the house it will all be done through his and me solicitors,there will be no tenancy, i would move out within 2 weeks of completing,he would then make it into a 5 bedroom house share.I told him there would a shortfall,he said no problem will clear the mortgage :o and if me did'nt agree to sale he would pay of arrears.and then buy it.(but would that stop the possession order ?) also now this is bit i was wary off he wants me to sign a letter giving him permision to talk to me and solicitors,sounds a bit too good to be true to me.why would he pay more than it is on the market for, which i asked why, he said because i had been forced to lower price and would pay the original value leaving me some left over, so there you have it,

responses please :D

Tilly

I hope it's a big pew TT. Tilly be careful here, if it's too good to be true, it usually is :mad:

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Are you sure it's not one of us who is secretly loaded?:D Or the results of the proposed whip-round?

My first thought is that it could be genuine. If he can rent it as five bedsits or whatever he stands to make money in the long term,as the rental market is going to take off. I would not dismiss the idea just yet.

Goldlady waits to be struck down by a bolt of lightening:)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

My first thought is that it could be genuine. If he can rent it as five bedsits or whatever he stands to make money in the long term,as the rental market is going to take off.

IMHO, anybody offering full price for property in this market needs their bumps felt. I reckon it was an introduction, and he was just viewing to get a look, and may make a reduced offer later (once he gets the nod from the EA that Tills is desperate).

He said if he buys the house it will all be done through his and me solicitors,there will be no tenancy, i would move out within 2 weeks of completing,he would then make it into a 5 bedroom house share.I told him there would a shortfall,he said no problem will clear the mortgage :o and if me did'nt agree to sale he would pay of arrears.and then buy it.(but would that stop the possession order ?) also now this is bit i was wary off he wants me to sign a letter giving him permision to talk to me and solicitors,sounds a bit too good to be true to me.why would he pay more than it is on the market for, which i asked why, he said because i had been forced to lower price and would pay the original value leaving me some left over, so there you have it,

responses please

Under NO circumstances should U sign a waiver to enable the 'mystery buyer' to deal direct with Mortgage Express.

To say that it is just a matter of paying off the arrears + THEN buying it belies the estate agent/'mystery buyer's thinking that U (...+ 180,000 CAGgers!...;)) are naive, lack legal knowledge + re-inforces it as a DEFFO [problem]...:evil:

Currently the 'arrears' stand at the FULL value of the outstanding mortgage.

Mortgage Express already have title to the property due to having obtained a Possession Order.

...Unless U have changed your mind + are planning to mount a legal challenge in order to obtain a STAY of the P.O., in order to regain title of the property Bill??...:confused:

IMHO...The a reply to letter that U have stated that U sent about the following should be chased up to the HIGHEST priority asap...

As previously advised, a selling figure stated by Mortgage Express is needed to be obtained + ALSO authorisation from them to allow U to conduct any sale over + above that stated figure, unhindered/challenged by themselves.

U, in effect, would become de facto Mortgage Express's Selling Agent.

Perhaps U may like to divulge the contents of the letter, for other peeps to read, that U have sent to Mortgage Express concerning the above Bill??...:idea:

...:)

• Haha 1

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Why in the world would he want to make sure that you have money left over? Sign nothing at all without getting advice.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Advice has indeed been given MTM, but without the benefit of seeing the document.;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I think we're all agreed that this sounds too good to be true. Bill, ask for a copy of the agreement / authorisation to be sent to you, and we'll have a look. Maybe they won't allow you time to scrutinise it. Looks like a [problem], in which case, who is it at the EA who is making these introductions? Who's the RAT?

Get as many details as you can, but sign nothing without being given good time to go over the terms.

TGM, it might be a bit unrealistic to ask people to contribute, can we do this for everyone?

What Tills needs is sound advice and support as the situation unfolds. No easy way out, but until ME react to Tilly's letters, there'll be no response.

Tide.

I was only joking in response to tills post about putting a offer in.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

She hasn't signed anything, it was just a meeting to have a chat. There has been no paperwork involved. If any papers are produced, she will scan them onto here. She knows to check on here first before signing anything.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Tills.

I dont know a lot about mortgages and what i do no u can fit on a stamp but to me this does sound to good to be true. As a fellow cagger and threw life experiance i no when i can smell a rat and this smeels rat like.

The offer can you get it put in writing as i no there must be some type of catch.

Tide

The chuch better be big as it needs to seat nearly 200k caggers. Also as a side note is there a pub next door or is the church a pub as i dont think some ppl could listen to someone going on without the need for a drink.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Erm

this may make me sound young but whats bridge?

Thanks tide she is doing well giving us between 6 and 12 hours sleep a night depending on what sleep she has during the day. Has been like this since birth and is very alert.

Edited by The GodMother
fat fingers.

Erm

this may make me sound young but whats bridge?

Thanks tide she is doing well giving us between 6 and 12 hours sleep a night depending on what sleep she has during the day. Has been like this since birth and is very alert.

Bridge

A timely reminder TGM, that THIS Thread is Bill's + about the Repossession of her marital home.

What it is NOT, is your very OWN playground, to enable U to Post what amounts to YOUR personal Blog.

...Such Posts belong in the BG2...;)

MTM i have been trying to reach tills on line but we have been missing each other. She left me a message and i am replying where i know she will find it. If u have a problem with than they i would advise u not to read it and get on with watching jeremy kyle show.

BTW tills thanks for asking about her.

Edited by The GodMother
editing the post.

MTM i have been trying to reach tills on line but we have been missing each other. She left me a message and i am replying where i know she will find it...
I advise U to send her a PM in that case.

Peeps who may find the contents of this Thread useful in their own plight, certainly DON'T want to have to unnecessarily read about U, whilst trying to pick out the salient points to help them...:rolleyes:

Hello Tills!

Obviously don't sign anything, Mr X is just a pro-Buyer, so kill him with kindness, but carry on with the viewings. Don't fixate on him, as he'll be looking at other properties all the time, and could disappear as fast as he appeared.

Watch that estate agent, however, as he/she/it will no longer be working in your best interests now that he/she/it has a "mate" in the frame.

Are there any other esate agents you can bring in?

The Weather is now spot on, the Price sounds right from the interest, and you are getting the viewings. Maybe now is the time to "Strike while the Iron is hot" and get another Agent...a fresh one!

Be up front, and say you have good interest now, the Price seems to be attracting potential Buyers, and you are not 100% happy with the way your current agent(s) are handling it, as there could be a potential conflict of interest preventing them from giving it 100% effort.

Some new blood may just tip the balance...especially if they think they can swoop in and snatch an easy sale from another agent.

In this Market, they do need the fees.

Again, just food for thought, and I hope it helps.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Tills

I have an aquatance who is in the property devolpemnt and it goes like this if he intends to make it into a 5 bedroom share he will rent all the rooms sit on his investment for a few years rent covers expenses and interest and then sell a five bedroomed house He will probally do a deal with ME these people have contacts every where pay of your mortgage at a reduced rate ME want there money back probally not your house at the minute with things the way are you talk to your solicotor see what they say they probally can check him out does he have a name company I know it sounds fisshy but if you get your money and its legal :D you can always say NO further down the line you can always ask him to keep you informed of anything he says to ME think about it

...you can always say NO further down the line
Once Bill signs any waiver, there isn't anything to say NO to...

Mortgage Express are the one who owns the property.

They have a Possession Order.

Bill is just currently a squatter/trespasser awaiting an Eviction Notice, UNLESS she can get prior authorisation from Mortgage Express to sell the property.

As it stands at the mo, Mortgage Express is the one with the final say in ANY sale.

...you can always ask him to keep you informed of anything he says to ME think about it
There is NO reason why he should (...see above).

• Haha 1

Once tilly has said ME can talk to Mr X she CAN say he cant I Know Ive been there. Any way we had a possession order and WE sold our House

The Court said it was still our House and we could sell it against the Mortgage companys wishes .