• Tweets

• Ok i think we may have the issue, so its been just over 6 months since i was banned and when i defended the case and it should have been rescinded. I have just spoken to the courts, and they informed the DVLA that the ban should have been overturned. Now you need to reapply for your license when you have been banned, and they give a window of 45 days i believe after it has expired. The dates add up, what i think has happened is that my details have been removed from the system because i was banned for 6 months (when i shouldn't have been) and the additional days on top. If this is the case then i surely i can sue these idiots until the cows come home, i have been driving whilst banned (again when i shouldn't have been)  and this can affect my job, imagine i had been pulled over with my son in the car, they would have just arrested me and not listened to a word of my story.  
    • First thing to do is what the the DVLA website extract says - write to the Central Casework Group with full details of your licence, adding that you spoke to DVLA call centre xx/xx/xxxx and they told you they couldn't see the details either.  Get proof of posting. Are you in physical possession of your Driving Licence Photocard? And the card shows it is still current? If so include a photocopy of it when you write to DVLA. There's no reason for you to assume that the licence has been cancelled or that you have been banned. Just some IT problem at DVLA. I wouldn't go into all the stuff about your court case last year. There's no evidence that the current glitch in the DVLA system is anything to do with it and it will just muddy the waters.  Most comparision sites ask for your licence number. You can get quotes without the licence being checked but when you take up an insurer's quote they then check your licence number against the DVLA website to make sure it is valid and to check if any Points for motoring offences are recorded. If you are unable to access your licence details on DVLA then insurers won't be able to either so they will refuse to proceed and cancel their quote. 
    • How about posting the full email, rather than just the bits you want us to see??
    • Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

H.O.L Test case appeal. Judgement Declared. ***See Announcements***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah! you mean Mrs Anthrax alias Chemical Sally.

How could you .....Sally will be offended at the comparison.:D

ROFL

:D

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Implying seems, also, the only thing she does...

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Well I've had time to calm down and to look at the judgment. I've also read a number of fantastic comments among the many posts. My take on this is that the court claim was a 'put up' job from day 1 - and actually the only judge who has stood out for the consumer is Lord Philips in the Supreme Court! And I wouldn't have said that on Wednesday!

Consider the time lines.

1. From 2005/06, more and more claims against the banks for overdraft charges. Banks claim it is not economic the defend any one claim, so refund charges at last minute to avoid any case going against them.

2. On one Thursday evening in July 2007, press announcement that the OFT is to challenge the banks. Court proceedings start next morning and FSA issue waiver and FOS puts complaints on hold at same time.

3. The banks start to report six monthly financial accounts from following Monday. Within three days, accounts show that collectively banks have paid out £1 BILLION in claims. The argument that it is not economic to defend is shot to pieces.

4. The only organisation to receive the financial accounts of ALL the banks prior to publications is the FSA. They arranged the deal between the banks, the OFT and FOS, no doubt with the active encouragement of the government.

5. County courts start to stay any claims that are on going even though no official stay issued by the Maser of the Rolls.

6. Court case winds on for 2 and a half years as many predicted during which time banks can charge fees and ‘save up to refund charges’ if they loose.

7. OFT don’t even bring the ‘common law’ argument in the High Court, so it gets thrown out.

8. Court of Appeal agrees that OFT does have the right but banks appeal to HOL (Supreme Court on very narrow technicality.

9. Supreme Court judgment points out that only asked by OFT & Banks to rule on one narrow area and that the OFT had the case on the wrong regulation and should have used Regulation 5, so why didn’t everyone use that as there is no defence for the banks.

10. Banks, OFT, FSA, FOS get draft judgment early and have a week to get there spin machines up and running for Wednesday. RESULT, media and the great British public fall for it all, hook line and sinker.

My conclusion is that this was a carve up job initiated by the Treasury and orchestrated by the FSA. As we saw last year, the banks think they are above the law ad that they can get away with anything.

I’ve also just listened to the Moneybox interview with the bankers’ mouthpiece, dear Angela. And just like the ex-Tory politician and ex-Treasury minister that she is, she avoided the question about Regulation 5. The banks know they are stuffed with the Supreme Court itself hinting that Regulation 5 is the way, hence Lloyds trying to get all cases struck out when the official line from the BBA is that ‘we will work with the FSA’. It is clear that this isn’t the end, despite the banks hoping it was.

This is brilliant and very correct - Thank you!

The reality is that they are all too 'cosy' together. For example how often do people complain to the OFT, FSA and ICO and get a positive 'permanent and ongoing' result? Seldom ever! The banks still 'push to the limit' and often never back down knowing the claimant does not have the funds to fight them even in a County Court.

All the staff are either straight from Uni or from the financial sector and operate on the 'we look at the facts' theory. They then present the facts (which, ahem we gave them!) and might make a suggestion to resolving the matter. This is not normally a conclusion till the next claimant complains. Something like Customs & Excise saying there's more smuggling (because they wanted to keep to tagets) so we need more people syndrome.

I think as you get older you also becaome so much wiser to the unfairness of things. However until it affects you personally you ignore it. So we see Madam X speaking for what could be conscrewed as the Banking cash cow service and with her training acts like a politician and does not/cannot answer a simple direct question. These people however expext us to respect and believe them. You get odd people talking about what they should pay for accounts but forget the million plus often allowed to go overdrawn so the bank could make more profit keeps them in their banking service world. The consolation to us this time is that it's not going to go away. 'Free banking' does NOT exist, never did and never can.

Michael

(tapping forehead with towel before sipping more Cava)

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

It seems some in the legal profession & media get it

Lawyer News 29th November 2009

"New job alert

Wanted: Public relations manager for UK Banks PLC. Must have own tank.:eek: No experience necessary.:D

The already stinking reputation of the banks understandably got worse with the news that the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has lost its chance to wield a stick on the subject of overdraft charges.

The successful defence of the banks was led by an army of big-name barristers, who must take credit for managing to make a soufflé out of a case that resembled a rotten egg.

Staying with the egg theme, there was plenty of it on the faces of those at the OFT, who must have wanted the ground to swallow up when Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers dropped the Supreme Court’s bombshell verdict.

Meanwhile, everyone outside the courtroom has an opinion. Including the one million or so “unfairly” charged customers.

On the one side: “I am so annoyed about this. What can we do?! So, so Unfair!!!”

On the other: “If you don't want to pay bank charges then don't take their money without their consent!”

And then there’s everything in-between: “The role of the OFT and FSA needs a complete revision as no one at the moment is protecting the public from greedy big business.”

The dust will not settle on this one."

Edited by JonCris

Isn't Angela Knight a chemist by education?

Yes, the sort of chemist who appears with her two sisters around a big mixing pot, now what's that called?

Oh yes, I know, a cauldron Lol

I can imagine the pungent smell out of that cauldron!

ROFL

Yes, the sort of chemist who appears with her two sisters around a big mixing pot, now what's that called?

Oh yes, I know, a cauldron Lol

Jason and the Argonauts was the film. ;)

The 3 witches had a single eye to share between them. Medusa played a delightful part with the head of snakes that turned people to stone. I'm just wondering who could play the part of Zeus? You know that film is for real too!

Michael

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--

I've Now got the Tory MP Candidate Campbell Storey writing on my behalf ...woohoo.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.

Hmmm

Anyone know if CAG bosses are likely to have a problem if I took out a local newspaper ad telling people not to give up and point them to the site?

Who would i contact to get permission and approval of the text?

Will flag this up for some attention for you

Hmmm

Anyone know if CAG bosses are likely to have a problem if I took out a local newspaper ad telling people not to give up and point them to the site?

Who would i contact to get permission and approval of the text?

I missed car's post. As it has been flagged for admin's attention, please dont email :)

Thanks x

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

great idea if you can post the ad text and it gets site approval ill put it in a paper down south PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Needs something to get the message out there

I think BBC etc are starting to sort the damage they did on the day of the judgment but the amount of people I've come across that seem to think its all over (of course I corrected them!)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

i suppose that would work say if u were going shopping and u took a few to hand out as you did that shopping also inform as many friends and relatives as possible then gradually word will get around PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

could always stand outside a lloyds/tsb and hand out flyers lol

could always stand outside a lloyds/tsb and hand out flyers lol

Seems like a good idea...

ROFL