Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL DONE HP - What brilliant news!!

I am really really chuffed for you :D:D

Big hugs

Love SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Congratulations, great news indeed.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Fantastic news. I'm delighted for you.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wow, HalifaxP, have just seen this thread and am gobsmacked at your treatment. My husband had to give up work 5 years ago due to a bad health problem which will, eventually, be the end of him (when? Who knows? I nearly lost him Christmas 2006, spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day with him on a ventilator, then another 9 days in Intensive Care with a tracheostomy). Several weeks ago I caught a virus which put him in hospital for 6 days (general ward only, mercifully). Recently he's been reasonable but since when he's reasonable he can do basic things, he's not deemed bad enought to qualify for disability etc. With just my salary, his incapacity, mortgage and everything else the last years have been a struggle. But YOUR situation is SO much worse than ours. What a wonderful result for you. Please now just concentrate on making the most of your time together.

Thinking of you

JayW

Thanks everyone.

I've been advised to contact the credit ref agencies. How do I do this? I havent had a copy of my files in AGES...how do I do that and should I? I am drafting a letter to send BLair, Oliver & Scott to ask them to remove any adverse credit.

HPxx

just bumping this up for you.

I think you will probably need to write to all 3 of the CRAs, Experian, Call Credit and Equifax. I believe you can order them online but it might be better to send the £2.00 postal order (or cheque signed by someone else) and ask for it by post.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You'll need to get a hold of your CRA file to check which entries are on there, then you'll need to raise a query with the CRA to have it brought up with the creditor, who will say if it can be removed or not.

The easier way to do this is to get something in writing from them stating it will all be removed, then send this to the CRA to remove the entries. I still think they will want you to get your up to date file, as they tend to force people down that route to open a query with them - albeit that increases their profits, I bet.

Congratulations!!

*big hugs*

Im so glad that common sense has prevailed - it should have never even got to this stage. Keep those letters safe and take care of yourself!

Mrs R xx

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!

I decided to send 2 letters (one for each debt) off to Blair, Oliver, Scott who wrote off the debt on behalf of Halifax (same company I know:rolleyes:) stating that I would like all adverse credit removed from my credit files within 21 days. I sent via Recorded delivery and have the cut off date in my diary for January 2009.

Another thing. I have just gone onto my online banking with Halifax and they still showing that I owe all this money on there under them accounts:confused:....what should I do? I have sent an email to them but I dont think they will deal with this online and have stated the outcome and that I have been treated very badly by Halifax and bullying DCA's.

Is there a letter I can send to request them to remove this as they have no written it off?

Sorry to be a nuisance.

HPx

Send a notice pursuant to s.10 of the DPA telling them to cease processing your personal data.

If they fail to comply, go after them with a claim for damages and all money paid by you, over and above the capital borrowed, under s.14 DPA.

I think you'd need to write to them again, HP and make it clear that you will only agree to their terms if they include another one regarding removing the CRA data shared.

On the other hand, you may feel it's too much to push on with this, so I can see why you'd just put this behind you and move on with your life.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent 2 hours reading through your thread HP.. Well done! Really pleased to see the end result! :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Not really sure how I missed this thread until now.

Excellent result though. It should be made a sticky in the legal success section. It's an inspiration to read and proves the DCA's can be beaten. :D

Well done HP and also all the CAG members who always provide excellent advice on this forum.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I'm not sure how i missed it either! But glad i found it!

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

I too totally missed this thread. It's took me over nearly 2 hours to read through it and I was in tears by the end.

I agree - this should be made a sticky! A huge thanks to all the Caggers who stuck with HP through this. Your help and advice was amazing :D

Congratulations HP. Hugs to you and your family (((())))

• 2 weeks later...

Despite this being much later than everyone else, I'd just like to say that everyone who helped HP deserves a medal.

HP, you yourself deserve to be recognised as a saint for the patience you showed in dealing with all of this.

I realise why I lost track of this particular thread, I can remember reading parts of it some time ago. It was in a different part of the site that I didn't normally go into, I'm trying my best to keep up with one area and would blow a fuse if I tried to follow much more.

Thankfully, it's been highlighted in another thread and I was able to spend a couple of hours here, going through it all from start to finish.

It goes to show that you have to be really persistant to get a result, and that the companies like HBOS/BOS are not fulfulling their duty in showing sympathy, let alone doing a proper job, until they are really forced into a corner.

About halfway through this case, had it been me, I would have demanded to be taken before the courts, so they could see what effect the matter was having on me and to endorse the information previously given to these morons. I'm sure several CAGgers would have come along to support the case and would have welcomed the media.

But, my main reason for dropping this note into the thread was to highlight yet another baddie - in my opinion. It would appear that the local MP did not see fit to even respond to HP, let alone take up the case. I can only hope they lose their seat next time they rely on the support of local people!

I'm also very pleased to see that the local CAB went out of their way to sort this matter out, and it seems their final letter was actually read by someone at BOS.

HP, it's clear that you deserve both peace and respect and I would hope that HBOS did offer some kind of compensation in the end. At the very least they could have refunded your costs in having to write to them, and the DCA's, so many times. All you wanted was peace of mind, and they hassled you beyond what I would have considered to be reasonable.

It's a pity that more cases like this are not reported in the press, but at least the story is here on CAG to give inspiration to anyone else who may be in such an unfortunate position. It also goes to show that there are people here who really care and will offer as much help as they can. Well done, again, to everyone involved!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...