Disabled & Scared! Owe 20k to Halifax!**WON** DISCONTINUED AND WROTE OFF

HalifaxPickle!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm really sorry as this is off topic too, but I think it needs to be said.

The manager of my local CAB is a very good friend. He has asked me to point out that any suggestion that CAB staff are 'creative' when compiling financial statements could have very serious repercussions, and so such behaviour is absolutely not tolerated. Any member of staff found to have done so would no longer be working there, voluntarily included.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I think XXXO has seen a large number of very bad cases face to face and while we can of course point out unwise parts of posts, and indeed must, as armchair advisers, it is'nt the same.The spirit in which the post was made should also allow sxome leeway for a poorly worded piece of advice.

A line needs to be drawn under the affair and we should all support HP, since she is the real victim here, and needs all the help we and the more knowledgeable amongst us can give.

Hi All, I will keep it short, i will PM all who ask me to but first i must explain one thing that we see time and time again, often we have to adjust peoples income/expendature forms because we find that they have been bullied so much that they make sacrifices that they should'n't such as cutting back on food and heating so they can pay more. We never lie on behalf of our clients. I have seen people who have tried to commit suicide and other awful things. The DCA's threaten them with court and the client panics, they dont know for instance that being in debt is not a criminal offence and as such these cases are dealt with in a civil court.

Also they dont take into acount the risng cost of living which is not reflected in any benefit rises. There are many issues here and we could debate all day.

I agree that my wording was poor but my intention was good, lets all hope that the bank will drop this debt and treat HP fairly.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this morning received 2 letters from Blair, Oliver & Scott.

It states that they have taken my circumstances into consideration and have decided to write off both balances.

They have wiped £17,586 off my Credit card and £1546 off my Overdraft.

I am sat here in tears and I dont know what to say.

Thank you everyone for your help and support through the last few months.

I am going to frame these letters I think.

HPXXX

oh HP

that is the best news ever,,,,flipping well frame them, i guess common sense prevailed but, im sure that this ever got to press or court, the publicity would have been enormous, so maybe a bit of self preservation and ego took over by them - but who cares,

end result is fab for you and im so glad we all supported you and your family and have a fun evening soon with the family you all deserve it

im in tears here writing this, can only imagine the relief you must be experiencing,

keep smiling and chill ciao hugs MAZ :D and a pat on everyones back for the help you have all given,

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Just read your post in my mailbox. That's awesome HP, well done. Have a drink on me. :-)

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

I really wasnt expecting that response. When I saw the 2 letters, I thought...here we go again!

I think we will celebrate with Fish & Chips later.

We had some pretty bad news last night, so this was much needed today.

I am going to send a big bunch of flowers to my local CAB to say thanks.

HP

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

I really wasnt expecting that response. When I saw the 2 letters, I thought...here we go again!

I think we will celebrate with Fish & Chips later.

We had some pretty bad news last night, so this was much needed today.

I am going to send a big bunch of flowers to my local CAB to say thanks.

HP

If they have stated that they are writing off the balance then they cannot ever chase you again for this and if they do then you have a complete defence called Estoppal

however, as BRW says, forget all about this and move on now,:)

I am sat here in tears and I dont know what to say.

Yes, I am in tears as well. This has to be the MOST fantastic success story on CAG. I am so very pleased you can now put this behind you . {{{}}} :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I know you probably don't want to think about this today - you deserve a break from CAG and these creditors alike, I reckon - but you may want to consider going after them for costs... While you probably haven't incurred a lot of costs along the way, you have "suffered" some loss that you can recover.

It would, likely, be a minute victory that you can't really be bothered with, but the fact this is now discontinued leaves them open to a claim for costs. It would also probably put the final nail in the coffin of this awful affair for you, in that you can claim 2 victories instead of 1...

;)

Congratulations... This just goes to show that no matter what feckless replies you get, no matter what the impact on the person, continuing to protest in the fact of adversity will win over in the end. I have to say, I think someone of your statue, in your particular circumstances, was clearly going to win - my concern is for those in your situation that don't get the help they need may not be in the same position.

Hi HP

Excellent news, at least this is something off your mind, go celebrate and I,m sure all our prayers are with you and your family for whatever the future holds. I dont know if you have any other DCA's after you but if you do a copy of the BOS letter to them should bring the same result. Very Well done.

well done

But remember to keep those letters safe!!!!!

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I will get my hubby to scan them and will post them up if you want?

I really wouldnt know where to start about claiming costs etc. I am very grateful for the outcome. I have just looked and I have over 30 letters from them all threatning this and that and I myself have sent them around 15. It is disgusting how we have been treated though and I hope nobody else has to go through the same as I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

HPx

Dear Sirs

in respect of XXXXXXXXX-v- HP

I note that you have discontinued this claim , therefore, pursuant to CPR 38.6(1) i respectfully ask that you consider payment of my costs which i feel are reasonable

1) Time spent researching the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Regulations - 12 hours

1.1) time spent researching and reading case law- 8 hours

1.2) time spent drafting defence and amended defence and allocation questionnaire -5 hours

total 25 hours at the litigant in person rate of £9.25 per hour

these time scales are a conservative approximation, i feel that i have spent much more time than this however i am trying to remain reasonable

Other costs,

Printing, stationary and postage £10

Letter writing between the myself and XXXXXXXX and yourselves 1.5 hours £13.80

Total=£255.05

I respectfully ask that this sum be paid within 21 days,

Here you go, when you get the time, amend this and send it to them and ask for your costs, they are obliged to pay your reasonably accrued costs

Flypast? .. . . where and when?

Congratulations. . this is great news. Well done to all involved.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

well at last they actually listened.

Well done for standing up to these horrid ppl. Hope you enjoy the fish and chips as you deserve them.

Yes please post them a letter asking for costs as i think you deserve some type of compensation for there horrid way of treating you.

keep us updated as to what you decided and what they say if you do go ahead.

GM

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.