Are CapitalOne really this stupid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well if you only upset them when u send a CCA request what happens when u send court docs?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you only upset them when u send a CCA request what happens when u send court docs?

Shall we send them some and find out ?? :eek::grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I owe a small amount to Cap One too (One of my many creditors :rolleyes:)

They have sent me the same final response letter too. I'm just not going to reply to it now and let them contact me again. The CCA they sent me was unsigned too and I'm sure all I signed was an app form anyway but not 100% certain

Dear Ellie

Thank you for your pathetic letter following your supposed Final Response. I am surprised that I need remind you that what you sent in no way complies with my CCA request. I suggest you study S60. 61 and 127 of the CCA 1974 before youu send me any more pointless post Final response letters.

yours etc

Have they not sent a CCA as well, ZW? I got one yesterday, though it may not be all it appears- lets just say there are crease marks on the signature page which don't match up with the second copy page! It;s got me very confused.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They have definitely lost the plot. I CCAd them in March. got the usual loo roll from them in reply and I totally ignored it. I haven't hear a cheep from them since - nothing, zippo, zilch. I doubt if they even know what day of the week it is!:rolleyes:

yep its sunday :lol:

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i posted on this topic way back (post 69)

got letter from cap quest who debs passed it on to

the usual rubbish

photo copy of application form

there can be no doubt it says application form on the doc

no t/c amount etc but theyve been nice enough to put the a/c on hold to allow me to make a payment offer.

i hope theyre not holding their breath

Well I got a letter from NCO in response to my bemused letter, telling me if I want to request a CCA I have to send a £1 postal order.

So they didn't bother to read my letter then...:rolleyes:

So I get to send them a letter saying that I sent their client a CCA request and a £1 postal order in AUGUST and I haven't got an enforceable CCA out of them yet.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well I got a letter from NCO in response to my bemused letter, telling me if I want to request a CCA I have to send a £1 postal order.

So they didn't bother to read my letter then...:rolleyes:

So I get to send them a letter saying that I sent their client a CCA request and a £1 postal order in AUGUST and I haven't got an enforceable CCA out of them yet.

Emma, send them something along the lines of:

Dear CapQuest,

My response to your letter dated XX XXX 2008.

I sent your client a CCA request and £1.00 postal order on xx xxxx 2008. They have failed to supply me with a copy.

Now why would I want to send the same request and a further fee in order for you not to be able to supply the same document ?.

Please refer back to your client.

Yours faithfully,

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think I will also put in a small bit along the lines of -

I would also request that to avoid any further waste of time and resources, NCO only respond after thoroughly reading any further correspondence I send them, before responding. This would prevent you sending of any further letters which are completely irrelevant to this situation or my previous correspondence with NCO.

I really can't express the dumbness of NCO's last letter. Gobsmacking.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

well msybe they should go to specsavers

I don't trade letters with them because they don't read them -they just press button X and out comes the next template. I CCA them, wait for their response (or not), then if they send me another template after that it's straight to their complaints department, bypassing the Stepford Wives who deal with the mail.

• Haha 1

:lol: pinky maybe that should be my new way of dealing with this DCAs/ OCs.

We've been having issues with CapOne for the past couple of years. My other half is currently paying a £2200 cc bill at £5 per month by direct debit. My £870 bill, on the other hand, is going to be disputed. It's been in the hands of Robinscum Way for some time and we have a major argument on the phone with one of their droids a couple of weeks ago.

If they want to be funny, then so can I. :-x

I've already got a copy of my statements from Capone. They show a LOT of charges, some amounted to £40 per month. In total it works out at £320, plus the additional interest this caused. I guess the next task is to get a copy of the original Credit Agreement?

What then?

You can CCA them, then claim your charges back if you want. That's the order I'm doing it in!:D

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

We've been having issues with CapOne for the past couple of years. My other half is currently paying a £2200 cc bill at £5 per month by direct debit. My £870 bill, on the other hand, is going to be disputed. It's been in the hands of Robinscum Way for some time and we have a major argument on the phone with one of their droids a couple of weeks ago.

If they want to be funny, then so can I. :-x

I've already got a copy of my statements from Capone. They show a LOT of charges, some amounted to £40 per month. In total it works out at £320, plus the additional interest this caused. I guess the next task is to get a copy of the original Credit Agreement?

What then?

If you have all your statements, then you need to complete a spreadsheet, then send a letter enclsoing the spread sheet to Capital One. Follow the instructions on the right hand side of the following link. On the spreadsheet page, make sure you choose the credit card spreadsheet. If you start your own thread then people can follow your progress and advise where necessary. Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

BCOBS

I'm useless at the spreadsheets on here, and the old google ones don't seem to work anymore. Are there any alternatives?

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

the only thing I can suggest is to look through some of the threads where people are making claims and see if there are any other links. :D

BCOBS