Are CapitalOne really this stupid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest forgottenone
are hard to understand and often know nothing about UK laws, customs and rights.

TBH, I think this is why major companies put their 'customer call centres' overseas. Rely on the fact it's offshore, consider they may not have to abide by UK laws. Just an idea. ;) Oh, and to make it very difficult for customers to get anywhere ... note, most of their sales team are based in the UK call centres for new cards.

Spoke to them on the phone yesterday ... firstly, I asked if I was speaking to Debitas ... they offered to 'well, I can give you the number or transfer you'. Just confirming they were one and the same, really. Obviously, already knew that, just wanted to hear it from them.

They are already intending to default me yet are in default on my CCA request. Don't what passes for filing or record keeping with these people but it's seemingly attrocious. And for a major company like Capital One ... doesn't say a lot. I mean, you'd expect a big company to at least have a basic record keeping system ... Ooops!

Hi Zazen worrier mine has been passed on to NCO i am fighting battle with them now:mad: just had a calling card they comming to visit me tuesday
That will be the ubiquitous Mr P Brown who claims to visit thousands of people in the UK every Tuesday. Like a lot of things he is a figment of NCOs imagination.

The use of names like 'Debitas' really angers me- why do they have to choose these utterly meaningless faux-Latin/English hybrid business bingo names??? They are supposed to sound wise and powerful/meaningful, but they actually sound as stupid as [edited]. Consignia was horrendous, as was Corus, but the worst by far is Intrum Justicia. What a totally scrotal pile of nonsensical linguistic elephant dung that name is. As authentic as a tudor beam in a Barratt home.

ARGGGGH! :mad:

Edited by jonni2bad

The use of names like 'Debitas' really angers me- why do they have to choose these utterly meaningless faux-Latin/English hybrid business bingo names??? They are supposed to sound wise and powerful/meaningful, but they actually sound as stupid as [edited]. Consignia was horrendous, as was Corus, but the worst by far is Intrum Justicia. What a totally scrotal pile of nonsensical linguistic elephant dung that name is. As authentic as a tudor beam in a Barratt home.

Quite agree...They don't fool anyone with consumer knowledge. It's just an ego massage for themselves :rolleyes:

Edited by jonni2bad
Quoted part only

• 1 month later...

It's nice to know others are treating Debitas phone calls (even after harassment letter) with the same respect as I am...

Any news?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest forgottenone

Really don't know re Capital One, Debitas or any other DCA/creditor is concerned ... they do what they like. Without consequence. Apparently. Human life has little value in modern times it would seem.

Edited by forgottenone

Oh and in answer to your question, ZW, yes they are.:D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest forgottenone

Yes, I know I am stupid. So, I've made a decision with myself ... if things get worse in the next six months ... life ceased to have any meaning, purpose quite a while ago TBH.

Edited by forgottenone

Dutch term or phrase: Intrum Justitia regarding the law for bailiffs

or as I call them Idiots and Jokers much more apt

Edited by jonni2bad
Quoted part only

• 2 weeks later...

Capone are getting loopier by the minute. They sent me their standard loo paper for an agreement and I didn't reply. Five months later they sent me a letter saying they had contacted CCCS and didn't get a reply - I haven't had a DMP with CCCs since last November and they were informed at the time. Will they ever catch up with themselves? I doubt it very much. I haven't replied to that letter either and I can't wait to see what they come up with next. Are they that stupid? Unbelievably so.

Subscribing. I've had the letter threatening legal action from 'H L Legal' too on behalf of capquest. :rolleyes: That was back in early August, and in a panic I sent CQ a small sum in an effort to stall them for more time. That was before I discovered CAG and realised the bigger picture. ;-)

CQ are getting CCA'd today.