Ianfm v LloydsTSB ***SETTLED IN FULL***

ianfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind me - just subscribing!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Had a phone call from Lloyds Collections on Saturday regarding my unauthorised overdraft, if you read my thread you will notice hat they removed my overdraft facility which I believe was because of my claim. Since then they have added over £100 in charges.

Anyway I told them that unless they were offering a settlement then I was not prepared to discuss the matter, the reply was what settlement? I mentioned the unlawful bank charges and the court hearing on this coming Wednesday the 8th. The response was that they knew nothing about any claim for unlawful bank charges and did I want to discuss them now and give them a list of the charges claimed. I was not going to waste my time but did explain briefly the total claimed plus I would be claiming for further charges added since the date of the claim, plus interest. In a nutshell they said that they know nothing about a claim and have no record of any correspondence or claim from me, strange that because they managed to acknowledge the claim and put in a defence. I suggested that the operator contacted SCM Solicitors with the reference I gave her. She said she would make a note on my file, very efficient I must say.

Anyway it is now Monday the 6th, I am in Court on the 8th and no offer yet so it looks as though they are going the whole way with this one.

Hi Ian

Good luck with Wednesday, although I feel that you will not be needing it!!!

What I should be saying is good luck with tomorrows post, which is where you should find your full settlement!!!

Keep us all posted

Kind regards

James

Hi ian,

hope it goes well this wednesday. I am sure it will, just hang in there. I am waiting for a court date with lloyds right now so i am interested to see how they go with this.... i have am sure you will win...with lloyds settling before or not showing!!

I am pleased to say (with reservations) that Lloyds TSB made a last minute offer today by fax to settle my claim plus interest and the Court fee. The usual conditions of confidentiality and account review and full and final settlement etc. were included.

I rejected the offer by fax saying I would accept the amount they offered but rejected all the conditions attached, I also asked them to credit the further charges levied since my claim.

They have replied by saying my claim "as pleaded" will be settled by close of business today and they have also informed the Court that they have settled in full. It looks as though I will have to accept that they have settled the claim and inform the Court, and then start afresh with a new claim for the further charges since my first claim.

QUALITY

I am so happy for you!

Must be annoyed you won't get your 15 minutes of fame though?

Well Done.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Congratulations!:) I thought you might go all the way for a minute there. Well done on not accepting the conditions too - good job. Don't forget the survey, and also please consider a donation to the site.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

By the way, did they ever serve you their documents - evidance etc?

Money went in to my account this afternoon so yes they have now settled in full.

I have also got a copy of a letter they sent to the Court to say that they will not be attending the hearing.

Thanks for all your support, help and encouragement, and GaryH, no they never did send in their evidence.

A donation will be going to the forum.

Unfortuantley I look like going for a second round because they will not re-imbusre the charges that they have added since my claim first went in, of course if they had not taken the unlawful charges in the first place, removed my overdraft facility in retaliation of my making a claim and then slapped on unauthorised o/d charges then I would not have to pursue a second claim. The ironical thing is that when I proceed with my next claim against them I have no doubt that they will add further charges in the meantime and this may well result in a third claim until I get everything back they have taken off me unlawfully.

So watch my next thread ian v Lloyds TSB the sequel

CONGRATULATIONS

Please complete the SURVEY for us too....

If you do start a new claim (and why not?) then please do start a new thread as you suggest - it will keep all issues separate.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ian congratulations mate, I'm so pleased for you....11th hour 11oyds eh again........

well done luv.....

Freebird

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi Ian,

I said last week it was cutting it a bit fine but crikey that really is taking it to the wire!

I'm as pleased for you as though it were my own claim. Hope you feel all the stress has been worth it.

Do go for the second claim - I am for my son. I've really got the bit between my teeth now.

Congratulations!!!!

Walgrave

Unfortuantley I look like going for a second round because they will not re-imbusre the charges that they have added since my claim first went in, of course if they had not taken the unlawful charges in the first place, removed my overdraft facility in retaliation of my making a claim and then slapped on unauthorised o/d charges then I would not have to pursue a second claim. The ironical thing is that when I proceed with my next claim against them I have no doubt that they will add further charges in the meantime and this may well result in a third claim until I get everything back they have taken off me unlawfully.

I cannot for the life of me understand why they are so reluctant to do this. I'm sure it must just be out of pure pig-headedness. Martineau Johnson used to allow you to negotiate in further charges when they represented Lloyds, and to refuse is just creating more workload for themselves. They're already streched to breaking point - I almost feel sorry for that Mr Thomas at times! They must know that having beat them once your hardly going to be reluctant about doing it all again are you?

Oh well, round two it is then!!!

Congratulations Ian - great news :)

Just waiting for hearing date from court in my claim against Lloyds.

Usual no response from SC&M currently.

With regards to a second or subsequent claim for charges levied since the original claim does everyone think that this should follow the same format.

Sending an original request seems pointless as they are gauaranteed to send their standard response. Should it not be possible to go straight to LBA withmaybe giving them longer to respond than 14 days.

Joint

Lloyds TSB - Settled £5,188.02 Day before Court date. 2nd claim for charges coming soon.

First Direct - Settled after prelim letter £423.50

Personal

Lloyds TSB Mastercard - Coming Soon

Barclaycard - Coming soon

GE Money - Coming soon

First Direct Mastercard - Coming soon

Wife's

Littlewoods Catalogue - Judgement by default (No defence submitted) £121. Cheque received.

GE Money - Coming soon

Sainsburys Bank Visa - Coming soon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks