• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

121o121 'vs' Lloyds TSB (again) ***WON***

121o121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first claim was for the last 4 years, as that was all I could retrieve from internet banking. I didn't think I was charged that much for the remainding 2, but I sent an SAR for them anyway.

To my surprise it adds up to £492.50, so another claim is underway.

Both the prelimary letter and the LBA were sent, and I am due to start litigation now. However I have not had any replies to the two letters. This is because their final response was issued previously.

Now I know they've received them, but as they haven't replied, want to make sure I don't get caught out. The letters weren't recorded / special.

Am thinking of sending another LBA recorded with a 7 day deadline. That way I know its been received.

Have a feeling if I start now, they may say we haven't received any letters. More to the point, I can't prove they did.

Any thoughts?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Where did you send the letters to? I have a sneaky feeling that Customer Service Recovery at Andover are not accepting recorded delivery items at the moment - can't prove it - but did send LBA on 24 January by recorded delivery and post office have said that they can't deliver it. Could be it has been lost but on the other hand . . .

Hi Nic

All my letters have gone too:

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

BX3 3SF

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

I think this is what im going to do. im going to claim back until july 2002 which i have my statements for online. Once i have the rest of my data (not holding breath) I will put in a 2nd claim.

there are no disadvantages to this, are there?

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

Hi Matty

Not at all. Just make sure you don't sign anything saying you can't.

Another claimant has done the same as she has been settled before the defence on the second.

Very encouraging.

If you send the SAR around same time as prelim, you should have the info around same time as submitting the N1. Just add the extra charges before you file.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

yeah i have already sent prelim and SAR, LBA goes today.

good luck with your 2nd claim, hopefully I can have simalar success.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

Settled

I sent them my prelimary letter and LBA and received no reply from them (I didn't send them recorded).

So I sent a further LBA (recorded) for 7 days. I wrote along the lines of:

"It was my intention to start litigation against you today. However, I need to be sure you are ignoring me as apposed to not receiving my correspondence. For the purpose of this, this letter is sent recorded delivery."

Seems to have worked.

No interest, but thats OK with me.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

My first claim was for the last 4 years, as that was all I could retrieve from internet banking. I didn't think I was charged that much for the remainding 2, but I sent an SAR for them anyway.

To my surprise it adds up to £492.50, so another claim is underway.

Both the prelimary letter and the LBA were sent, and I am due to start litigation now. However I have not had any replies to the two letters. This is because their final response was issued previously.

Now I know they've received them, but as they haven't replied, want to make sure I don't get caught out. The letters weren't recorded / special.

Am thinking of sending another LBA recorded with a 7 day deadline. That way I know its been received.

Have a feeling if I start now, they may say we haven't received any letters. More to the point, I can't prove they did.

Any thoughts?

Hi 121,

i have started my second calim against lloyds alos. Sent the prelim letter in December, and LBA letter in january. I didn't get a rsponse until a couple of weeks ago. the resposne quoted both letters, and simply stated the bank has already issued its final response, by which i assume they mean all of the get lost letters from the first claim.... so is ent them a letter based on the one gary h sent for his second claim...the one pointing out the obvious delaying tactics, wasting time of publicly funded justice system without ever actually intending to defend the claim...so cut to the chase and pay up now..... but no response yet. So when i get paid next week i will start the money claim.

If a mod happens to pass could you copy & paste this in to my title?

* * * Settled In Full * * *

I thank you

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

:D :D :D

WELL DONE !

;)

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

SAR sent 18/12/06

Statements received 02/02/07

Preliminary Request sent 05/02/07

Standard ‘No’ letter received 15/02/07

LBA sent 16.02.07

NO RESPONSE

Court Claim sent off 05/03/07

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

I WON !!!!

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

:D

Welll done 121, congratulations!!!:) :)

I had a letter yesterday, offering refund of £380, "goodwill gesture" of course. Checked my account this morning and its in there!!

Maybe when you have already taken them to court , they realise that forcing you down this route will not intimidate you or scare you off they pay up??? ...the again that to logical and common sense ha ha ha..

anyway, once again congratulations!!

Thanks All!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Thanks kfdh1962

We have a hold over them now.

I reckon within 3 months it will be about £12 per breach. Still expensive, but at least people won't see a large percentage of their wages go at the beginning of each month.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Thanks kfdh1962

We have a hold over them now.

I reckon within 3 months it will be about £12 per breach. Still expensive, but at least people won't see a large percentage of their wages go at the beginning of each month.

yeah, i saw a piece in the press the other day...OFT report due out in about three weeks will state that the charges are unlawful and recommend the banks drop their charges to £5...it will be interesting to see the report and see how the banks react...

I agree. Although I think it will be the end of free banking (LloydsTSB charge me £7 a month anyway)!

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Congratulations 121o121!

Amptill is just down the road from me, so nice to hear of a Home Win! :D

Did Lloyds file a defence on the first claim? if so which court were you going to for your hearing? I've just filed my AQ at Luton County Court, and have used the draft order. Did you use this, and if so did the judge direct it?

Pondfish :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Hi Pondfish

My local County Court is Bedford.

LloydsTSB filed their defence on the first claim, and they settled just after the District Judge (Mrs Wilding) ordered an allocation hearing (sometimes they do this to obtain more information before they allocate the case to a track).

On the second time round, LloydsTSB settled after my LBA, so didn't need to start a claim.

The draft directions weren't available when I claimed, but I'd reccommend anyone to use that strategy. You have nothing to lose if the D.J. ignores them.

Where abouts are you?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Hi 121o121,

Sunny Toddington , Know it?

Well handed my AQ back last week so we shall see won't we? ;)

Pondy :)

Yep, know Toddington very well.

Is Zax Snax still there (mmmmmmm, kebab)

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Is Barton your local branch or Luton?

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Small world Eh?

Zaks is still there, it don't really change to much around here! Lived here all my life except a 3 year spell living and working in Belgium and Holland.

Decent number of pubs too! :)

My grandparents lived in Amptill, and i remember some good nights spent at Bubbles nightclub - although i'm probably showing my age now as i bet that closed down some years ago!:o

Luton is my local branch, used to work in Luton near the town center.

Pondy

Small world Eh?

Zaks is still there, it don't really change to much around here! Lived here all my life except a 3 year spell living and working in Belgium and Holland.

Decent number of pubs too! :-)

My grandparents lived in Amptill, and i remember some good nights spent at Bubbles nightclub - although i'm probably showing my age now as i bet that closed down some years ago!:shock:

Luton is my local branch, used to work in Luton near the town center.

Pondy

I'm 25 and went to Harlington Upper, and had a lot of friends in Toddington. Spent a lot of time there.

A few of the pubs shut now though which is a shame.

Been in Ampthill a couple of years now. Before then used to live in Clophill.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Ah, Clophill,

Land of the Flying Horse!

Looks like you have a few years on me, i'm 45!:(

I was also at Harlington Upper - My year was the first! they were still building it when we were there.

I have got kids, and the first moved there a few years ago. I was amazed at how shabby it looked. I remember a state of the art school. Strange to go back to somewhere you haven't been in a long while! They are rebuilding it again now, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like when my twins visit in a couple of years time.

Pondy