Cannot? Cancel in store order with scs after 3 days? - please help

Ayz

I had placed an order on the 28th january

requested to cancel on the 31st

to be told on Saturday the 3 feb that we can’t after chasing and calling all these days

how can I resolve this

I do not want the sofas

I have paid a deposit as well 

57 minutes ago, Ayz said:

I had placed an order on the 28th requested to cancel on the 31st of Bly to be told on Saturday the 3feb that we can’t aftwr chasing and calling all these days how can I resolve this I do not want the sofas I have paid a deposit as well 

do you mean that you place an order on 28 January and tried to cancel on 31 January? And they told you that on 3 February you can't cancel?

Would help if you gave us more information please and don't use abbreviations and told a story fully – properly spaced – thanks.

Was this an online purchase? How did you pay your deposit?

Hi

we went in store and placed the order on the 28th of January and decided not go ahead with the order and had email and called them back on the 31st of January

We were told someone from store will give us a call back I found that quiet not right as I have not experienced anything like this

normally customer services can cancel order if you are within your cooling period 

as I waited and have called several no response and today Saturday the 3rd of February I called and explained I have been waiting today they put me through to the store 

I had explained my circumstances that I cannot go ahead with order as my brother inlaw was meant to fund but can’t now and we are being offered 500 from a charity called family fund  funding for sofas for my  autistic  children  and cannot be used on scs only can be used with argos 

the manager was very rude and said you should have thought about that before and read the terms and conditions the rep did not explain to us that if we go ahead with order we cannot cancel

she did not explain anything about terms and conditions and we did  not think this would happen to us it was done pretty much within 5 minutes just took our details and also tried for us to get warranty which we said no to and signed the contract 

today they have said we can’t cancel and can only amend and have till Monday the 5th and will also loose deposit if we don’t amend by the 5th February 

we paid deposit by card was debit card not credit card 

Please check back for a reply tomorrow but generally speaking if it was not an online purchase but instead was made in the shop, there would be no cooling off period at all and you would have to rely on the goodwill of the shop.

Only if I knew

the only reason we went in shop was if you spend in order in store you would get 50 off 1000 spend

but then when we was putting order through they told us it does not include the gliders with sofas only if you purchase 1000 on sofas

after she put code in we didn’t think and just put order through did.

Or think and was done all in a rush devastated now this is so distressing 

Please check back tomorrow and we will see if there's anything we can suggest.

Meanwhile, I'm afraid that it's not entirely clear what you are saying at the moment.

Can you have a read of what you have written and try to say again so that we can understand it..

Also please would you space out your story properly.

It's very difficult to read your solid blocks or text especially on a small screen such as a telephone

We did not know we cannot cancel or have a cooling off period if you do not purchase online 

the reason we went in store was because they had a offer on 

if you spend £1000 you will get an additional £50 off 

but the whole placing order was told it is not including the accessories with the sofa such as gliders for sofa feet 

only with sofa  we felt awkward to not go ahead and rushed to place the order

but we was not told about if you place an order you cannot cancel after

we were not told about any terms and conditions 

only today Saturday 3rd feb we been told this

we are very devastated and it is very disappointing also very distressing 

Thank you for all your replies and will wait to hear back from your selfs tomorrow 

many thanks 

• dx100uk changed the title to Cannot? Cancel in store order with scs after 3 days? - please help

pressure selling again by SCS.

the forums and paper are full of them doing this.

pers if it was me id write a letter to the manager of that store clearly telling him sorry but after 3 days following your sales agent pressure selling we have had 2nd thoughts and are cancelling the order and gaining our deposit back by chargeback to our bank.

and ring your bank and do a chargeback of the deposit.

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you so much for this information will ring them first thing tomorrow 

also spoke to the store manager he was very rude 

said well you should have thought about it before purchasing if you wanted to change your mind after two days and you should have read your terms and conditions 

those we’re his exact words 

the agent also lied that she said she did explain terms nd conditions 

and I said surely you have cameras you can clearly hear and see she did not but his response was she has been working here for 10 years and I believe her and said and I will follow the terms and Condition so horrible I cannot believe they could lie like this 

despite me explaining we should have been told about terms and conditions before signing contract if you have such policy 

honestly never come across a situation like this 

they are so horrible 

I do not know how to contact ceo and also have been told if I don’t amend by 5th feb they would keep deposit to 

could they try to send me a bill if I do a chargeback with the bank am with Natwest bank not sure what to say to bank will they be ok with this 

worried they might say you purchased willingly 

ring?

:nono:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I absolutely agree with my site team colleague that you should write to them. Like my site team colleague of notice that you said that you will ring them. This is really the wrong approach.

Also, you're going to have to deal with them in a very non-conflict-oriented way.

Whether you like it or not, it is your mistake that you have assumed that there was a cooling off period. There is no cooling off period when you purchase things on premises – in other words at the stop.

So you're going to be looking for goodwill from these people. You're going to be looking for them to have an understanding and sympathy for your situation.
It seems to me that you are dealing with a very hard-nosed manager won't take kindly to this and if you go in talking about rudeness and challenging, nothing will happen.

The best thing you could do is to write gently to the head office. Tell them what happened, don't talk about pressurised – simply say that you are under your own stress. You don't have a lot of money you're having to rely on some kind of charitable help and that you have autistic children et cetera.

I would suggest that you draft a letter and post it here so that we can have a look and we will help you get it right and then send it to the customer services department and the CEO at the head office.

That is the only way to appeal to these people. If you go back to the store – if you ring them or if you write to them, you'll probably find that the manager of the store has put some Face in the game and so they will consider that if they allow you to cancel the contract, that they are somehow or other sacrificing their own dignity.

Stupid – but some people are like that.

Post the letter here

Dear Sir/Madam/ceo

This is with respect to the sofa We placed in your store for 

Aurora sofas

I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Aysha, and I recently made a purchase from SCS Furniture Company. However, I was not informed about the terms and conditions regarding the cancellation of orders.

I understand that there may be policies in place, but I believe it's important for customers to be fully aware of them before making a purchase. Unfortunately, this lack of information has put me in a difficult situation.

Order Number given to me is S0025-7367781

The salesperson (Vicky ) who got us to sign the contract never actually told us that the order is NON-Cancellable and Non-refundable. 

Most importantly we never read through the terms (NOT even for a second) if you have such policy it should have been told and explained  To us  

After debate at home regarding the sofa order we decided to cancel the order.  As we can’t go ahead with sofas we explained to store manager we don’t have the fund and we are getting funding from a charity we was told we would get 500 from them but they only allow through argos rudely replied well you should have thought about that before placing order and you should have read the terms and condition this is very upsetting and distressing

I had placed the order on the 28th of January and called and emailed on the 31st of January to cancel and was told we will get call from store I asked the person on the phone will this be a problem she said no as you are within your 7 days

therefore I was waiting still no call and then Saturday 3rd February I called again and explained

and then finally put me through to store and we was told you can’t cancel can only amend and if you don’t by 5th feb you will loose deposit to I cannot explain the distress I’m experiencing I cannot afford to loose 250 .

I was told by the same salesperson and store manager that  the order cannot be cancelled as it says in the terms. 

After arguing with that it`s not even been a week I called to cancel after two days days since I placed the order, 

there should be a cooling off period where the customers are allowed to change their decisions after placing their orders to a certain point in time.

I was told that SCS does not provide any cooling off period.

This seems monstrous to me, that one cannot cancel their orders and get a full refund when the cancellation has been done in the cooling off period.

SCS should give their customers a chance to re-consider their decisions within an allotted timeframe as it will only boost customer confidence in SCS.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide me with a  refund of the deposit and please kindly give the go ahead for  the cancellation of my order.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Should I call my bank for chargeback

Please check back later

Dear Sir/Madam/ceo

This is with respect to the sofa We placed in your XXX name of shop store for XXX product on XXX date.

Aurora sofas

I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Aysha XXX and, and I recently made a purchase from SCS Furniture Company at XXX town. However, I was not informed about the terms and conditions regarding the cancellation of orders.

A

The salesperson (Vicky ) who got us to sign the contract never actually told us that the order is NON-Cancellable and Non-refundable. 

Most importantly we never read through the terms (NOT even for a second) if you have such policy it should have been told and explained  To us Unfortunately, we made a serious mistake because we did not appreciate that if we ordered your product in the store, that we would not be entitled to any opportunity to cancel the order.
We placed a deposit of £XXX. We only have this money because we received help from a charitable fund – XXX name of charity.
We were relying on some further financial help from a relative in order to pay the full price for the goods.

When we got home, we discovered that the help that we were receiving from the charity – Family Fund – could only be usable for purchases from Argos
We had no choice but to try and cancel the order even though we like the sofa.

We telephoned the store on XXX date but it was explained to us that we had paid the deposit and so we were bound to continue with the purchase or else we would lose the deposit money.
As I explained, the only way we could afford this furniture anyway was to get help from the Family Fund charity. We have a very difficult family situation with very little money and the needs of two autistic children to take care of.
We certainly can't afford to go ahead with the purchase and although I admit that we were wrong and you are right that you have no duty to allow us to cancel the contract, if you aren't prepared to help us, then we will have to find the deposit from relatives because the charity won't help us.
Although we will then forfeit the deposit, we won't be able to go ahead with the rest of purchase.

I agree that we should probably have read the terms and conditions. It is our mistake. However, we try to cancel only two days after placing the order and we are appealing to you to allow us exceptionally to cancel the contract to get our deposit back in these special circumstances

After debate at home regarding the sofa order we decided to cancel the order.  As we can’t go ahead with sofas we explained to store manager we don’t have the fund and we are getting funding from a charity we was told we would get 500 from them but they only allow through argos rudely replied well you should have thought about that before placing order and you should have read the terms and condition this is very upsetting and distressing 

I had placed the order on the 28th of January and called and emailed on the 31st of January to cancel and was told we will get call from store I asked the person on the phone will this be a problem she said no as you are within your 7 days

therefore I was waiting still no call and then Saturday 3rd February I called again and explained

and then finally put me through to store and we was told you can’t cancel can only amend and if you don’t by 5th feb you will loose deposit to I cannot explain the distress I’m experiencing I cannot afford to loose 250 . 

I was told by the same salesperson and store manager that  the order cannot be cancelled as it says in the terms. 

After arguing with that it`s not even been a week I called to cancel after two days days since I placed the order, 

there should be a cooling off period where the customers are allowed to change their decisions after placing their orders to a certain point in time. 

I was told that SCS does not provide any cooling off period. 

This seems monstrous to me, that one cannot cancel their orders and get a full refund when the cancellation has been done in the cooling off period. 

SCS should give their customers a chance to re-consider their decisions within an allotted timeframe as it will only boost customer confidence in SCS.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter. It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide me with a  refund of the deposit and please kindly give the go ahead for  the cancellation of my order.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I have made a lot of changes to your letter. It is far too challenging. You are accusing SCS of not providing proper cancellation notice et cetera et cetera. Using the word like "monstrous" is challenging and conflict-oriented.

You are looking for a favour here. They are in the right and you are asking them to show some generosity.

If you make it look as if you are standing up to them and angry with them then it is definite that they won't help you.

This letter should not be sent to the branch. It should be sent to the CEO at the head office. We will have to find out where it is.

Please will you have a look at the letter which I posted above, fill in the XXX dates et cetera and post it back up here.

If there is anything you want to say about it – you want to add or take away. Please let us know.

Thank you I cannot seem to see the letter you have posted just went through the whole thread could you please resend or reply many thanks 

try now post 14

dx

and they

hi yes I can see now on post 14 can I ask my bank to do charge back 

Also Could you please find me the correct email to send this to please 

Illegitimi non carborundum

WWW.SCSPLC.CO.UK

SCS | Our Board

Steve Carson – but we will have to find out where he is based. Of course it won't go directly to him but it may go to his CEO team or his personal assistant or something.

But we would like to see the letter here please before you start sending it off

chargeback is an option if this fails.

dx

and they

I have sent of the email you have edited for me@bankfodder

and thank you for the email honeybee13

shall wait to see if they do response back 

thank you for everyone helping will update soon as I get a reply back of scs

I’m thinking to do a chargeback in the morning to with my bank to see what they say