• Tweets

• hi all, i will list my curmcumstance first then list the details of the penalty charge - we are 2 diabled people being affected by the cost of living crisis and are skint etc. i am disabled with mobility issues(arthritis in knees and ankles and gout) and cant operate car pedals anymore so i let a friend up the road use my car in exchange for her driving me about. its a good arrangement as i get a 'chauffer' and she gets the use of car. the car is parked in her drive which is better as i was refused a disabled space (even on appeal) and too much congestion to park the car outside my house. my friend is vulnerable as she has suffered depression and suicidal thoughts since the loss of her mother a few years back, she is dyslexic, she is a carer for one of her sons that is disabled due to mental illness and mobility. she lives in a council house and cannot work. we went to iceland ..attracted by the 10items for £10 offer - we've never been there before. a large artic lorry was parked accross the car park blocking the view of one of the parking signs and blocking the disabled bays where the pay&display machine is. by the time she helped me out of the car and then went to see if it was pay&display then came back to me at the car she said she thinks it was pay even for disabled, so we looked for change in the car which we didnt have (she normally goes asda which dont need to pay for parking)so then we said we'd either go get change or go to asda...so then by the time it took her to help me back in and get out the car park took 15 minutes...5 minutes overstay past the 10minutes grace. the letter from excel parking came through and i sent it back giving her name as driver (before i saw on here that you shouldnt name the driver) then i appealed explaining what happened (lorry blocking etc) and even said we were being descriminated (advised by citizen advice)as we are disabled and 15minutes is not long enough for a crippled disabled man and a woman with dyslexia to read and understandd the sign and get out, then back in the car and look for change then get out the car park in 15minutes. i even explained she was a vulnerable person on anti-depressants and even sent a photo of medication and said if you need a doctors note then let me know....the appeal was rejected. i've emailed iceland over 50 times and they just wont tell excel to cancel this charge - they are ignorant and ive even asked them why they have a webpage saying 'iceland combatting the cost of living crisis' pretending to help their customers and they wont comment...they'd rather put more stress and anxiety on an already suicidal vulnerable person just to get money out of them..so their 'help' during this crisis is a lie as it wont even extend to disabled customers. she has now received 2 letters from DCBL saying she owes £170 for 5minutes of overstay. the last one is a final demand. as she cant read or write very well ive sent a recorded letter to DCBL (as advised by citizen advice) asking not to attend the property due to a vulnerable woman inside the property as it will only exasperate the situation, they have ignored it and basically said we dont care, you still owe. could anyone please advise - we are not very good with letters or these situations and are slow on the uptake.   1 The date of infringement? 28th dec 2023   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] yes   If you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]cant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   Has there been a response? yes   Please AS A PDF FILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]cant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   If you haven't appealed yet - .........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] yes   What date is on it? 15th january 2024   Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? yes   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'scant do that - will have to get my son to do it when he visits   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] not on the front - maybe on the back but cannot find the letter now   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] yes   5 Who is the parking company? excel   6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? gravesend in iceland    
    • Hi Dave, I had no updates on this PCN since my last post in July 2019.  I received no further communications from the parking company.  I changed my address in May 2022. Thanks, I will send a letter to Excel parking to inform about the change in the address. 
    • I have a BMW Advanced Car Eye 3 Pro - I think it's 50/50  In any case, none of the documents / photos sent in the SAR showed a ticket on the car. 
    • I've seen on your other thread that you say you moved in 2022. It is essential you tell the parking company about your new address. Every couple of months or so we get someone here who moves, doesn't tell the other party they're in dispute with, court papers turn up at the old address, the Cagger doesn't know anything about this and doesn't defend, they lose by default - and end up with a backdoor CCJ. So get a quick letter off to Excel - Dear Simple Simon, Re: PCN no.XXXXX will you please note that I no longer live at XXXXX and that my new address is XXXXX. Yours, XXXXX Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yeah thanks guys - I'm just going to ignore them now.  Can't be ar$ed digging around in the loft!  Can I still send them a notice not to send people to our door?   I know we did 10 years ago but not sure if that's still a "thing"!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Holland and Barrett Grand Central Brum - accused of shoplifting outside in public by Ast Manager - i didn't!! **RESOLVED Apology + >£50 Vouchers + 2 free Products they thought I'd Stolen**

This morning I popped into the above store.

Was looking at a product- three different varieties I picked them up to read the label.

Put them back and left.

Sat on the seats outside in the shopping centre.

Assistant manager comes to the door and shouts across 'do you want to come back in and pay for what you have stolen'.

He claimed that it was on camera I said by all means search me but if he finds nothing I will have him for assault.

Long and short

- I complained to head office and have asked for a copy of the video

- I want him to pay

- I know working in retail is terrible but at his level he should have been trained how to deal with alleged shop lifters.

Needless to say

- I had not taken anything,

I even checked my pockets in case I had done silly thing by mistake.

Any thoughts on what to do next or who the CEO is- CEO email is out of date.

HOLLAND AND BARRETT Grand Central Birmingham.

hollandandbarrett.com is a trading name of Holland & Barrett Retail Limited,.

Registered office: Samuel Ryder House, Barling Way, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV10 7RH.

Registered in England: company no. 2758955.

Registered VAT no. 211727395.

HOLLAND & BARRETT RETAIL LIMITED people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks.

I found the name of the CEO and made an educated guess as to his email.

I have had a response within an hour this evening.

The director of customer operations will investigate tomorrow.

By the way when I say I want him to pay - I mean it metaphorically, he needs to feel as bad as I did today in Grand Central. 

understood.

p'haps a letter of apology would be nice or a gift card...hint ..hint

thread title updated

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Holland and Barrett Grand Central Brum - accused of shoplifting outside in public by Ast Manager - i didn't!!

Had replies from senior director who is investigating and from DP people who are sourcing the CCTV. 

I am hopeful of a positive outcome especially when they view the CCTV. 

• Like 1

:rockon:

and they

Amazingly I have had cctv back from 5 cameras.

Three show me walking round the store - clearly looking for something.

In this case it was milk thistle.

One camera shows me pick two separate bottles off the shelf AND put them back.

The final one is less clear.

I can be seen reaching to the shelf with my right arm and on zooming in, I then pull my right arm back and rub my left arm with it.

No gaps can be seen on the shelf.

It is not as clear cut as I would have liked but I think strong enough to suggest I did not pick anything up.

What is totally clear is that the assistant manager did not have me in view all the time - that is loss prevention 101.

Always keep the person in sight as you could be prostituted 😂 if you try to stop them in error. 

Now waiting for a reply. 

Update

Had a lovely email from senior management.

Clear from cctv I did nothing wrong.

Sending me some vouchers and area manager will call me next week - he’s on leave.

Action taken to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

On 06/03/2024 at 19:49, dx100uk said:

understood.

p'haps a letter of apology would be nice or a gift card...hint ..hint

thread title updated

that was a good guess....:lol:

well done.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Final update

Received some very nice vouchers, more than I had thought >£50

Also a fantastic call from the area manager, full of apologises - he has viewed lots of CCTV- I now have his number.

He arranged for two bottle of the product I was originally going in to buy to be delivered F.O.C worth about £25 at current promo prices.

I have to say that although the original experience was awful and really triggered my anxiety, the corporate response was fantastic- they clearly realise customers are important.  

As there are 3 H&B in Birmingham city centre I will use the other two and not the one where the incident happened. 

very well done glad we could help.

pers i'd use that store, holding my head high and watch all the red faces....:pound:

dx

• I agree 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Holland and Barrett Grand Central Brum - accused of shoplifting outside in public by Ast Manager - i didn't!! **RESOLVED Apology + >£50 Vouchers + 2 free Products they thought I'd Stolen**