• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Acer Customer Service?

jeansella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rang acer when power pin came out of my laptop. They arranged for DHL to collect for repair for free under warranty. Now they want £160 to repair damaged LCD screen which must have got damaged either by DHL or by Acer repair centre.:mad: Their argument is that it had insufficient packaging as it was wrapped in bubble wrap. I rang DHL general enquiries and asked the best way to pack a laptop for collection and they said "use bubble wrap"!!!!!

:confused:

Any advice?

In that case:

a. quote them and say you were following their instructions

b. tell them to claim the money of DHL seeing as it was in their care and they are acting as agents for Acer

c. Report it to Consumer Direct

When my sons was collected by DHL, they had an heavy plastic box with lid and filled with foam. They did not want any packaging, the LT was placed in the box on the doorstep, foam over the top, sealed in front of you and a receipt given.

He has never had any probs and has sent it away twice.

Perhaps your collector forgot to bring the box with him.

Hi Conniff, same with my son's they collect it put it in their own box and deliver it the same way. which I thought was very clever, He was told not to pack it at all, they did not even want the Plug just the laptop

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

So mine was not a one off as Pen has had the same method of collection and delivery.

You could give them a ring and say you have to return a laptop and ask what is their method of doing so.

If they say the same as they did with mine and Pens then they have not adhered to their own rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm with Jean, I rang Acer and then conversed via e-mail, where it states " do not return your laptop in a cardboard box as we recycled cardboard"

I wrapped my laptop in bubble wrap and even double checked with the driver it was sufficiently wrapped. Acer wanted 160 pound for cracked screen, yet it was fine when it left me (althought the original fault was the lcd unit in the screen)

And they said pay it or carry on witih broken screen

• 1 month later...

Good Evening

It actually states not to send an Acer in 'original box' as most repair centers send out in their own and therefore don't want customers to lose their original packaging. Double checking anything with a courier driver is never a good idea, even asking the time, and remember your parcel passes through the hands of several drivers before it reaches its destination. Also bubble wrap is not sufficient for packing anything if it is on its own, it does need to be in a box and i believe most couriers refer to this on their websites. Only a moron would send an £800 laptop off just wrapped in bubble wrap and expect it to safely reach its destination.

Good Evening

It actually states not to send an Acer in 'original box' as most repair centers send out in their own and therefore don't want customers to lose their original packaging. Double checking anything with a courier driver is never a good idea, even asking the time, and remember your parcel passes through the hands of several drivers before it reaches its destination. Also bubble wrap is not sufficient for packing anything if it is on its own, it does need to be in a box and i believe most couriers refer to this on their websites. Only a moron would send an £800 laptop off just wrapped in bubble wrap and expect it to safely reach its destination.

well thanks very much for the insult, I used to work ofr a courier and we did have rigid boxes for such items, but I guess thats all changed, and they go for the cheapest options. The fact of the matter was anyone dealing in transporting valuable items should provide adequate packaging, they are reusable so why not? Its the quality of the service that I think is wrong, acer just like taking your money and want no come back.

Oh! and do have a nice day!!!

cas

• 1 month later...

A little off topic, but this page is on the first page of Google results for "acer customer service" so I thought I'd let you know about my little adventure with Acer here in Ireland. How these guys stay in business if beyond me. Hopefully it'll help people to make an informed decision before buying from them.

I bought a laptop from them in March of 2007. It worked fine for a while, then started acting weird - starting up really slowly, crashing, etc. I made a series of frustrating phone calls and eventually was told to send it back to them for repair. I put my suspicions that they were a bunch of clown shoes aside, and figured they'd get it sorted out.

It was away for a month, and when I got it back it had the exact same problem, and blue screened within 15 seconds of turning on. I told them it was still broken, and sent it back to them again. Almost 20 fruitless international phone calls and four months later they eventually said it was beyond repair. I argued and argued and eventually got a replacement.

Six weeks later the replacement arrived, and had about half the spec of my original model. I phoned them another five times until someone agreed it was inferior, and told me to send it in and they'd organise a replacement. The guy I was talking to was laughing and said he wasn't surprised I called, that the spec of the one they sent me wasn't even close. Another guy was so rude that I asked to speak to his manager. He told me I'd have to hang up and call back to get someone else, and ask to speak to their manager.

I sent the replacement back to them, only to have them courier it back to me. They called me, told me they had made a mistake, and asked that I return it to them again.

Eventually, after a total of more than 10 e-mails, 4 faxes, 40 phone calls and 7 months I received an equivalent model. Only, it turns out that it's also got a fault; the charger makes a loud buzzing noise. I e-mailed them to tell them and they say I have to send it back to them, and pay for shipping and insurance. They said they'll have a look, but that it may have to go back to Taiwan for a full inspection. I also asked if they were going to entend my warranty to account for the seven months and they replied with an e-mail that simply said "No extension to warranty."

All-in-all, a very slow, rude and ineffective company. Hardly a master class in customer service, doncha think?

Cheers,

Scott

I have to defend Acer in my case when the hard drive failed a few weeks ago.

I emailed Acer, via their website, and told them about the failure. They gave me all the details for DHL to collect, and how to wrap it up (securely with bubble wrap and cardboard - not the original box), which we did. DHL collected, Acer replaced the hard drive and memory, and returned it 5 days later.

To be honest, after reading some horror stories, I wasn't expecting it back so soon, or fixed, but it was. And it works fine.

If in doubt about packaging laptops to be returned, it is better to be over cautious, than not, i.e. lots of bubble wrap and secured with hard packaging like cardboard BEFORE the courier collects.

Again off topic:

I have had to make my own complaint against Acer and as yet have not received a reply. I was setting up a network external drive and after loading the software and doing a reboot the laptop would not load windows, my laptop had never been backed up and had assignments on there that I could not afford to lose. The whole purpose for the external drive was in order to back up all important stuff so kind of ironic it should crash after setting up the laptop to the drive.

I called Microsoft as a first port of call after dealing with most idiots who wear the title of technician for most pc/ laptop support, for the simple reason I find it is easier for them to tell you to wipe the pc and start from scratch than it is to fault find. As Vista was preloaded I was advised to call ACER, the tech at Acer did not even attempt to fault find and did what I didn't want to hear, which was he told me I would have to wipe the pc and start from scratch. Many phone calls later he decided to give me a 0906 number which no one even answered other than an answer machine telling you... no one was available to take your call.

It was a really nice gentleman on the other end of the phone at currys, who I initially spoke to for advice on the cost of a vista upgrade as Microsoft would then help me get things sorted.

He did the one thing I forgot to try which was last good/ working configuration. And low and behold the laptop started. I was disgusted that Acer didn't even attempt that!

As for packaging advice... did that come direct from DHL or were you given any by Acer themselves. As I sent my XBOX 360 via DHL as per Microsofts advice and was fine and even they recommended packing Xbox in a box. I was rude and sent it in a Playstation 2 box :D and they returned it in a plain brown box:p

And as for ScaDean, was there really any need to be rude as I believe with foresight one could say should have, would have but it boils down to, but didn't now the goal is to solve the problem not insult.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• 1 month later...

NEVER BUY AN ACER LAPTOP!!

I would write you the story of my experience but it would take hours!! I can confirm that I have experienced the most incompetent and uncapable customer service I have ever had to deal with. :mad:

My Acer 5633 Wlmi went for repair after 3 months as the power failed, I must add my brother bought the same laptop a day after me and his had to be returned a week after buying with the same power fault. My problem has now been going on for 3 months and the whole of this time I did not have a laptop

I have just returned their so called replacement as again it was a lower spec than my original which was apparently stolen whilst in the hands of DHL, it has now been 3 months and I am awaiting a full refund so fingers crossed!!

If you contact them they cannot call you back as they are an inbound only call centre!!

The only way to receive a call back is to escalate the problem but this I found was only successful if you emailed them stating that you were taking further legal action.

When the escalation team do respond they are the "middle man" and cannot authorise anything and have to contact Acer which is who I thought I was contacting but apparently Acer Warranty is a different company to Acer????

I have just ordered an Asus M15se and have had very positive feedback regarding Asus so fingers crossed again!!.

• 1 year later...

I have also recently been a victim of the appauling Acer customer service called Info Team Technical Service and Repairs. I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook. It is less than a year old and stopped working. The first part of the service worked fine in DHL collecting it for repair. But after that nothing. On the only time I got through on the phone after it was sent to them I was told that the hard drive was broken and that they were waiting for a replacement. I suspect that this is excuse no 3 on their list of top 10 excuses. Then nothing. I just couldn't get through on the phone. You hang on and on and are then connected to an answer phone. You leave a message and are never contacted back. The days went rolling by so I sent them a letter threatening legal action. Then I got a letter saying I had been referred to customer complaints. A week later I got a phone call saying that they were going to send me a replacement. In the meantime I had been forced to go out and buy another netbook - NOT ACER! So the guy couldn't understand why I wasn't happy with his great news. I told him that the replacement would be going on e-bay as soon as I received it. I'm waiting to receive it at this time and of course will it actually work? Unless you want a similar experience don't go near ACER products.

A further update on my netbook and my useless friends at Acer. Well the replacement laptop didn't arrive. What a surprise. When I contacted DHL they'd sent it to the wrong address even though my address was on the letters to them. They tried to imply that I was at fault and had given the wrong address when registering the netbook. Apparently after 22 years I don't know where I live! So the fiasco continues ......

• 6 months later...

Just wondering can anyone advise me, who exactly did you write to when you threatened to take legal action?

My Acer laptop, bought in Dublin, was sent off for repair and received at the repair centre in January 2010.

The tech centre phoned me shortly to process a payment for repair of screen.

Since then I have not received the laptop back, despite repeated calls to the acer 'customer service' line (UK) between Feb and now (June).

The latest they tell me is: they can't say where the laptop is; they can't say if they've lost it or not; they can't say if they will replace it or not; they can't say if this issue will ever be resolved, let alone put a date on it.

Then they said they had "escalated" it, which they say every time, and phone back in 4 working days, which they also say every time.

Then they asked was there anything else they could help me with! Like what? a weather forecast?

So I guess I need to sue, but any advice on this process, gratefully received.

• 4 months later...

Ive had many problems with acer, ive sent it to them 3 times in a month as they kept sending it back with the problem still exisitng! first time they sent it to the wrong house number on my street, then i moved out of my parents house to a different county, the second time they sent it to the new address and the third time they sent it to the originally wrong address even though i told them my new address and then refused to get it sent to the right address. The final time i got it back the esc key had broken off. I had had enough by this point and got it fixed by a professional.

My conclusions is that they are CRAP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear wish I'd seen this forum before I bought an Acer! Some keys on my keyboard on my Acer Aspir One netbook don't work. I contacted Acer and they told me (the usual as it seems!) that I should send the whole thing back. I said why? it it the keyboard at fault. Battle bagan...... I tested the computer with an external wireless keyboard and it works fine. So logically it is a duff keypad. After several obstructive emails I thought they had agreed to have the keyboard for testing. So I sent it. They rang and said they can't test it cos they don't have a computer to test it in! They are arrogant and obstinate. I said, if it was a desktop model would you need the whole computer back to test a keybaord? No they would test it on one of their computers! My keyboard is apparently an integral part of the computer and by removing it (3 clips, one pop and its out, not that technical!) I have invalidated the warranty. I don't want to send my computer back because of the time it will take to remove my personal data and reload everything when they reset it to factory conditions. Hours of work! They just quote terms of warranty blah blah....They offered to sell me a new keyboard. So presumably they think that will solve the problem which they are in denial about! They seem to have spent a lot of time setting up a customer complaints system designed to frustrate customers. All scripted and no room for flexible common sense. Might buy the keypad and then take them to county court for a refund and expenses of my time!

Slightly good news for me though

I wrote a 2 page letter to their complaint department showing my anger and told them about the problems I had (did make it sound even worse).

I got a phone call from them the other day offering me £75 compensation, so not too bad

I still won’t buy from Acer again though

• 2 weeks later...

Really glad Adam-90 got some joy but I'd say for the time and effort it takes with these heel draggers £75 is less than the minimum wage!

Customer service isn't the word we should use about Acer. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and got the arrogant reply that she will tell you the same. Nevertheless says I would like her to tell me what she thinks not you to second guess her. I already discussed it with her he said! So they had decided even before they spoke to me that I was a case for escalation! I insisted on speaking to this supervisor. "She will call you back today (Friday 26th Nov.) or early next week". Wednesday came another chap calls to tell me he is sending my keyboard back and that they can't help me without the computer. Why was the supervisor not ringing me? She's in a meeting! Since Friday? Huh delegation or fear? Whatever, it is just contempt for the customer's wishes. I told this last chap to sell me a key board then and if it works I'll claim a refund via CC if I have to. I'll give you the number for spares. Noooo You sell me a keyboard or get them to call me (spares is 10p per minute call!). Said I would write to thier head office. Another arrogant reply "it will only come back to us". I'm still waiting for the spares to call! They don't know the meaning of customer service they are only trained in robotic answers designed to frustrate you. You the customer are the enemy to be defeated like some computer game target. It is obvious from this and other forums they make no effort to help customers, in fact they seem to take some pleasure out of leaving you without the equipment they took you money for. Going to the Top now... MD. I wonder if that is where the rot starts?

i just got a return case ID number from Acer for a faulty laptop i am sending back from Southern Ireland - my question is if i use DHL, do i have to pay the cost of shipping or does Acer set up the return with DHL and i just contact them to organise a pickup using my case number?

i just got a return case ID number from Acer for a faulty laptop i am sending back from Southern Ireland - my question is if i use DHL, do i have to pay the cost of shipping or does Acer set up the return with DHL and i just contact them to organise a pickup using my case number?

If it is still under warrenty you should have had an email with instructions on sending it back. The key thing is point 4) it is an "authorised return" so DHL collect under Acer's contract number.

Sending it back is the easy part.... what they do and how they deal with you remains to be seen!

Good luck!

If it is still under warrenty you should have had an email with instructions on sending it back. The key thing is point 4) it is an "authorised return" so DHL collect under Acer's contract number.

Sending it back is the easy part.... what they do and how they deal with you remains to be seen!

Good luck!

If it is still under warranty you should have had an email with instructions on sending it back. The key thing is point 4) it is an "authorised return" so DHL collect under Acer's contract number.

Good luck!