Acer Customer Service?

jeansella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and it is still under warranty, but the email i received was:

Dear BlahBlah

The case for the product : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is approved.

Acer case id for the same is : xxxxxxxx

Shipping Instructions:

Acer Priority Account, Infoteam, Unit M Eagle Road, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 5JY.

With Regards,

Acer Support.

and an attached .pdf with case id number, a bar code and the shipping address - nothing more no instructions on or anything. I will call local DHL office in the morning and see if they have any reference to the case id i suppose

They seem a bit inconstant with their instructions. Below is the email they sent me which is designed to cover them against damage etc.. I would take photos of your packaging and contents as they are an argumentative lot.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Acer UK.

Regarding your enquiry, We understand your concern.

We request you to send your product to our repair centre in order to fix it. We have logged a case for the repair of your product under the case ID number XXXXXXXXX.

By sending your product in for repair, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the limited warranty included with your product. Although not necessarily relevant to your case, we need to make you aware about one of the terms of the warranty states, should we deem the fault to be software related we will charge £ 70.00 including VAT.

In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of our warranty you are advised to sufficiently pack your product/component for transit. This means the product has to have enough packaging (at least 5 cm of bubble wrap around the whole product/component either side) and be in a suit box (strong box not flimsy) to sustain the trip in a couriers van. If we receive your product with damage caused by insufficient packaging the repairs will be chargeable.

To return your faulty product, please follow these short steps:-

You will need to call our couriers, DHL, to arrange collection of your product on 0844 248 0555. Select option 1 for booking a collection, and option 1 again to book it on our account. You will be required to answer some short questions. Please have access to the following information before calling:-

1) Contract number is XXXXXXX.

2) Your name.

3) When asked if you are "Sending or Receiving" advise you are returning to Infoteam.

4) If they ask if it's an authorised return : Yes.

5) If they ask if you have a parcel label : No.

6) Your telephone number.

7) Your collection post code and building number.

The service type is "Standard / One Parcel".

9) Package contents details : Acer Travelmate xxxx, Acer Aspire xxxx Etc.

10) Return delivery Address : Acer Warranty Account, Infoteam, Unit M, Eagle Road, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 5JY.

When sending the product:-

If you are returning a MP3 player, handheld or camera, please include all leads and chargers with your product.

If you are returning a computer please do not include any accessories (leads, adaptors, CDs, carry cases, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc).

Please do not send the original box with the product as all incoming boxes are recycled, so if you wish to keep your original box please do not send it with the product.

If there is any password on the computer please write it on a piece of paper and send it along with the box or remove the password. You can call us to let us know the password if you are not able to remove it.

Please back up the data before it is sent across as we cannot guarantee your data will be preserved and send a photocopy of the receipt along with the box.

Please ensure you remove dummy SD card/slot dust covers with your product, if any are present we cannot guarantee it will be returned.

For advice on how to package the product, please log on to (Dhl's website)

On the box you send with, please make sure the following details are written clearly:

Our address details : Acer Warranty Account, Infoteam, Unit M, Eagle Road, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 5JY.

Your case ID number (see above) or the serial number of the product.

Consignment number which courier will provide you.

Please write your name, home address and case ID number (see above) or the serial number of the product on a piece of paper to identify your product when we receive it.

Please ensure you send your product in, within a reasonable timeframe i.e. 1 month.

Please keep the details handy for future reference.

You can check the progress of scheduled repair by visiting our website and click on Service and Support>>Acer Customer Care Portal>>Case Status.

For further assistance please do not hesitate e-mail us or to contact us on 0871 760 1000 (UK), 0818 202 210 (Southern Ireland).

Respectfully,

Acer UK

Online Technical Support.

• 1 year later...

I sent my Acer Ferrari One 200 for repair under warranty in December 2011, two white dots having progressively materialised on the monitor over a period of months.

Acer wrote to me, stating that the dots were caused by 'bruising', thereby meaning that the fault was caused by me, and that repair would therefore have to be paid for, at a cost of over £100.

The Ferrari is my fourth laptop and I know exactly how to take care of an LCD monitor. Further, I am single and no third party could have damaged the monitor.

I had my Ferrari sent back without repair, and must now put up with these two ugly white dots, praying they won't spread...

Absolutely appalling.

Edited by guycruls
misspellings, text layout

• 9 months later...