• Tweets

• In short you never communicate with a Debt Collector, they have no power here at all. The snotty letter is only used to respond to a properly worded Letter Before Claim. The only time you would be recommended to contact the PPC is to send the snotty letter. You do nothing but keep the tripe they send you unless you receive a letter before claim.
    • Probably to do with the Creditor accepting the reduced payments claim as part of the IVA. - Thats my guess anyway.  As for the mount outstanding... 60k is incredible and im pretty sure a DRO wouldnt cover that much even after the new legislation.    For you @Alfy - Please stay headstrong and stop worrying. My viewpoint on debt with debt collectors is simple. You are a figure on a spreadsheet loaded into a database for them to run a collection cycle through.  They dont care about emotions or your situation, they just care about paying off their shareholders and trying to turn a profit.  They use varying tactics to increase the pressure on you to the point where you will break. People then fall for this an either cave in to DCAs before doing their own due diligence on the debts that are purchased or turn to IVAs like you have.    They are better ways to handle this and Im glad you feel better after a good nights sleep - I hope you can keep it up. 
    • Good afternoon,    I am writing in reference to the retail dispute number ****, between myself and Newton Autos concerning the sale of a Toyota Avensis which has been found to have serious mechanical faults.    As explained previously the car was found to be faulty just six days after purchase. The car had numerous fault codes that appeared on the dash board and went into limp mode. This required assistance from the AA and this evidence has already been provided. The car continues to exhibit these faults and has been diagnosed as having faults with the fuel injectors which will require major mechanical investigation and repairs.    Newton Autos did not make me aware of any faults upon purchase of the vehicle and sold it as being in good condition.    Newton Autos have also refused to honour their responsibilities under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 which requires them to refund the customer if the goods are found to be faulty and not fit for purpose within 30 days of purchase.    Newton Autos also refused to accept my rejection of the vehicle and refused to refund the car and accept the return of the vehicle.    It is clear to me that the car is not fit for purpose as these mechanical faults occurred so soon after purchase and have been shown to be present by both the AA and an independent mechanic.   Kind regards
    • Commercial Landlords are legally allowed to sue for early cancellation of the lease. You can only surrender your lease if your landlord agrees to your doing so. They are under no obligation even to consider your request and are entitled to refuse. You cannot use this as an excuse not to pay your rent. Your landlord is most likely to agree to your surrendering the lease if they want the property back in order to redevelop it, or if they wants to rent it to what they regards as a better tenant or at a higher rent. There are two types of surrender: Express surrender in writing. This is a written document which sets out the terms of the surrender. Implied surrender by conduct. (applies to your position) You can move out of the property you leased, simply hand your keys back and the lease will come to an end, but only if the landlord agrees to accept your surrender. Many tenants have thought they can simply post the keys through the landlord's letter box and the lease is ended. This is not true and without a document from the landlord, not only do you not know if the landlord has accepted the surrender, you also do not know on what basis they have accepted and could find they sue you for rent arrears, service charge arrears, damage to the property and compensation for your attempt to leave the property without the landlord's agreement. Unless you are absolutely certain that the landlord is agreeable to your departure, you should not attempt to imply a surrender by relying on your and the landlord's conduct.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Incapacity Stopped with no warning.

Kerrie78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to contradict you "alibobsy" because you are obviously a well meaning person and an asset to us, however under the 2007 Welfare Reform Act things have moved on. Although during your time at the DWP/JCP this may have applied... (your quote "I used to process JSA claims and if we had a claim from someone who had an appeal in with IB we paid the full benefit not a reduced rate") since the newly introduced legislation, claimants are given the option of either signing on for JSA or appealing the revocation of IB and accepting 80% IS pending their appeal for re-instatement (then if they are successful, a reimbursement of the difference will follow, if they fail they'll get moved on to JSA). The new legislation was introduced with the intention of dealing with undeserving malingerers who have exploited long term IB as an alternative to JSA, e.g. Barrow-in-Furness where IB claims almost outnumber those for JSA. Unfortunately genuine and valid claimants are getting hit by these sanctions as evidenced by posts on this forum, e.g. sheba0207 patrickq1 Kerrie78 and helenm1984 .

Many of these claimants have either no savings, or they're already in debt and they have no access to affordable credit, consequently, due to reduced income, they may be facing destitution and homelessness if they appeal their IB, alternatively they can take the JSA route and lose their benefit if they fail to attend any interviews/appointments/schemes/work searches etc. which the JSA contract (which the claimant must sign) obliges them to undergo, therefore claimants with either regressive, as yet not fully diagnosed, or, fluctuating medical (and mental) conditions are suffering. Either way (JSA or IS) there is a significant reduction in income and they're being starved into sub-mission.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Ah thats interesting Loan ranger. Thinking about it the rate of JSA is lower than most people would get on certainly the higher rate incapacity benefit and obviously you are right about them having to then abide by the JS agreement and do work searches etc. My understanding was these cases were given a bit of leaway on this as the staff at the jobcentre were supposed to take into account the medical conditions as well, but obviously this would vary job centre to job centre and area to area. I agree about these sanctions affecting genuine claimants as well as those abusing the system. Do you have much info on the new employment support allowance. I only got some general info and an overview before I left, but it would appear to have even more of a "push them back into work" mentallity behind it. Will people on here appeal their IB and hopefully win only to get transferred to the new benefit and start again. I hadn't seen any info on what happens to existing customers or the new benefit rates. Would be interested to know :)

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

It's good to hear what we "could" be getting, but at the moment we are getting absolutely nothing. On 18th Jan we received £99.00 from IB as our final payment, and since then all I have received is £103.24 Child Tax Credit on 24/01/08 and the same again on 31/01/08.

Now bear in mind that I still have weekly standing orders for gas, electric, capital one, and barclays, as well as my dd this morning for the TV license, this money has not stretched to far.

All week I have had approx £35 in the bank, and have had to scrap together a cheap daily shop to cook for the family.

So while they have got all of our IS forms sitting in a tray somewhere before they even get round to looking at them, we are living on pennies, and it's extremely uncomfortable.

We cannot have a crisis loan because we are in receipt of weekly CTC, so on that £103 per week I am expected to pay all of my necessary bills and feed 3 kids and ourselves aswell.

And I know when they finally do sort this mess out we will most likely getr a back payment, but that really isn't helping me at the moment.

And although the MP emailed me on Saturday night and asked for my address and phone no, she hasn't contacted me since, despite promising to look into it first thing Monday morning. I know she will be extremely busy and don't blame her in the slightest, but I am living off nothing here and surely it can't be right??

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

:D Settled in FULL April 18th 2007. £5179.83 Paid but what a long battle!

:D

COMPENSATION OF £100 ON 14/04/08 FOR CONTINUED HARASSEMENT.

hi kerrie have no doubts your MP will have contacted the DWP and they are probably trying now as we speak to proccess your claim so they can report to the MP a mistake may have taken place so dont stress to much since i got my MP and others involved i am getting somewhere i am meeting them today to discuss compensation at 11:00 so here,s hoping for the best result but ive had nothing since 2003

patrickq1

Hi Kerrie.

You mentioned (this morning) being ineligible for a Crisis Loan. I think that you are eligible. Please make an application first thing Monday. I recommend that you should insist on an interview (ASAP) at your nearest JCP "because your need is immediate requiring urgent action", they'll probably obstinately (and unlawfully) refuse, so you'll need to be just as obstinate as them whilst pointing out that Social Fund Bulletin 09/02 (10.2) gives you the right. Don't let them fob you off with the 0800 number and statements to the effect that this is the only way to apply.

I've rechecked my copy of the rules and couldn't find any statement to support CTC being any reason for exclusion.

(From your pm): "We cannot have a crisis loan because we are in receipt of weekly CTC, so on that £103 per week I am expected to pay all of my necessary bills and feed 3 kids and ourselves as well."

The CTC may be considered (according to the legislation) enough to take care of the kids, but it doesn't provide sustenance for their impoverished Parents.

Therefore you can apply for CL "alignment payment(s)" for you and your spouse.

State that the reason for your application is because DWP/JCP have "mislaid" the documents regarding your IS, thus delaying payment and causing you and hubby "Hardship due to payment of regular income in arrears" (see Direction 3 - "The qualifying conditions" - and scroll down to 187,188,189 also read 184,185,186 "Living expenses for more than 14 days")

See also "Purpose of Crisis Loans" item 4:

"4. The crisis loan should be the only means of avoiding serious damage or risk to the health or safety of the applicant or a member of the family, unless Direction 3 (1)(b) applies."

Notes for when making a CL application:

JCP's preferred method for CL applications is by telephone to the 0800 number (Mon-Fri 08:30-16:30) which they will supply you with. If you're lucky enough to get through quickly, then the Decision Maker should be able to give you a decision after an interview lasting about 20 minutes, but if they are busy they may ask to call you back a few hours later. If the decision is negative they are obliged to confirm this to you in writing, you will need this to request a review. This ought to be the fastest method of getting a decision however, up until Autumn 2007 inadequate staff numbers and telephony were causing widespread problems (e.g. engaged lines, answer-phone messages, lines going dead etc.) preventing people from getting through to begin the claiming process. The situation was exacerbated by JCP unlawfully refusing to allow clerical claims made using their own (down-loadable) sf401 form, or, allow face-to-face applications in their offices. See here and here. I have yet to be persuaded that JCP/DWP have permanently remedied these problems.

In cases where the need for the loan is immediate, you can ask for an office interview. Social Fund Bulletin 09/02 (10.2) states that face to face interviews should take place on the day of need and that, if not possible on the day of need, then for the next day. You can also direct JCP's attention to "Social Fund Guide-June2007" pdf page 64 where it says "18. Crisis Loan (CL) applications should, where possible, be dealt with on the date that the need arises."

If you are refused a CL then you should ask JCP for an immediate and urgent review of the decision. You need to do this before you can ask IRS for an independent review and get advice on redress for maladministration.

Good luck and bon courage. L R.

P.S. The CL amount which the Law allows them to award is 75% of the weekly IS equivalent for you and your spouse.

• Haha 1

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Well a tory MP wants more people off incapacity benefit and all claimants to attend an interview with the DWP's "doctors"

BBC NEWS | Politics | Two million 'wrongly get benefit'

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

This is another case of the Tories jumping on a 'bandwagon' which New Labour® set in motion early last year.

It is not so much the utterances of the shadow work and pensions secretary Chris Grayling (who said, "every claimant should have an independent medical check") that disturb me, but rather the fact that these words were first said by David Freud (the investment banker) who has been guiding Labour's 2007 Welfare Reform Bill and will continue as main adviser on implementing the reforms.

For someone who has conducted a review of the system for the Government he (Freud) is misinformed - 90% of IB claimants have to go for an examination with an independent doctor (employed by Atos Origin) and 40% fail the test. From October a revised test is being introduced which will fail 10% more people. He may think there are too many people on IB but he didn’t make any suggestions in his report last year on how to spot the real sick people!

Freud's report to Parliament also calls for greater involvement by the private sector in welfare and payment to them "by results" i.e. how many they can remove from IB/ESA. That could be tantamount to big businesses making huge profits at the expense of the sick and disabled.

well i went despite my protest to the MP that i did not particurally want to be engaged in conversation with this particular person at the DWP but relented and agreed seeing as it was to do with discussions concernig compensation....it had nothing at all to do with compensation the meeting was to do with the nine stamps that were not paid during my first claim in 2003,well then she went on to advise my MP that i was mis informed about the data protection and my right to my all works test data ,she insisted that it has all been destroyed and they have no records of any meetings fortunitly my wife picked her up on this and said to her you may want to hide behind rules and regulations so let us start with the all works test in 2003,no record then you have destroyed data that you had no right to do so, she said we destroy all data after 14 months,with this i was getting very very stressed so i asked her does she have the doctors sick note yes she said i have this one but it looked a bit dodgy so we rejeccted the claim so my wife asked her why did you not inform us then that it had been rejected we did well where is the evidence that you did...destroyed...i had three bad angina attaks one after the other within the space of two minits frightened the life out of me the one hour meeting took 2 hours and she was really pleased with herself the area manager until my MP said he shall now bring this up in the welsh parliment the destruction of data and also he shall now make further enquiries as he is not satisfied with her replys....she got us their by trickery i told her in front of the MP ,,she could nt answer that and did nt want to answer that so i have told the MP if she is lying i want her removed from her job and i want ATOS ORIGON COPIES and also all paperwork from atos including the DWP request for the AWT ggggrrrr i am so angry she has denied that their is any paperwork,,surely they cannot destroy this AWT DATA ,anyway i got a e mail from the Information Commissioners Office this morning asking do i have the paperwork i promised them concerning the DWP could nt have come at a better time i wrote straight back and told them that the DWP have said all data is destroyed after 14 months and can they enquire as to how it is possible a goverment agency is exempt from holding data....cant say much more else i will explode in temper at the blatant lies to me my wife and to a MP (compensation my ass)i knew she was lying from her very first letter so i feel vidicated with my estimation of her

patrickq1

Ref. davethorp's pm #32: Evidently the Tory party are trying to out-do Labour on the meanness quotient by doubling the number for alleged IB malingerers.

Perhaps they will only be satisfied when the motto "Arbeid Macht Frie" (work makes freedom) is above the door of every Jobcentre Office, just as it was above the gates of the Nazi concentration camps!

also forgot to mention they have me passed for ib benefit but because of the nine stamps i aint due any monies...so my wife said if you have passed him as unfit and he should be in receipt of IB then why have you not paid his stamps because according to the sheets she brought out no stamps were paid .....gggrrr i am left more stressed and angry than anything

patrickq1

Well anyone fed up of the DWP deciding they know better than a patients GP and cancelling IB should sign my petition at Petition to: reform incapacity benefit so the word of a patients GP is accepted as proof of incapacity.

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court

Dear Julian ,

i am trying to find out why ATOS ORIGON are not subject to keeping medical records of all patients that they examine

Disclosure

of clinical information by Medical Advisors

and if they do have to keep medical records of all patients treated must these records be kept for ten years

i would really appreciate a reply ugrent

this i have sent to the medical ethics commission the reason is the dwp informed me that all records are for destruction ,i do not beleive a single word that came out of the dwp manageress mouth and if atos have records (i hope so)then the poor sh**f***ED manageress can start looking for a new job

patrickq1

Signed David's petition. From my understanding of the Welfare Reform Bill 2007, Atos will in future be allowed to employ "health professionals" other than qualified Doctors, such as Therapists, to conduct the PCA/WCA (personal capability assessment, or, work capability assessment - the DWP have yet to finalise the name for it). How can they be presumed to know better than our G.P.s'?

its incredilous that they have been allowed to get this far with it but seems the general public aint too interested ,but its another question to put towards the medical ethics commision me thinks gotta crawl under their skin to get them to change this idiotic plan thank you mr h**n ****** frqaudster,at least he cannot make anymore decisions

patrickq1

Just an update, we finally got an Income support payment of £116 for the last 2 weeks, and they are going to pay us £80 ish each Thursday for IS aswell. That I think has the reduction on it, but the letter is all A$$e about face and I cant really make head nor tail of it!

Still, at least we have a bit of cash now, and the CAB are filling out all our forms tomorrow.

Settled at 50%

Clydesdale £155. Should have been £310 charges, plus interest :( Husbands Account.

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

Hi again.

After receiving a £80 credit to the bank last Thursday I wake up and check the bank this morning to find nothing.

No Income Support, No Child Tax Credit. I have just spoken on the phone to tax credits to be told that as they overpaid us in 2006/7 we are getting no more until April 4th. They have also passed this info on to Income Support (who I'm on the phone to at present), so that makes us ineligible for Income Support, so thats why that didn't pay us any this morning.

this has got to be some kind of bad joke. I have emailed my MP again this morning, as I havent heard anythignfrom her since January 25th, to give her an update on the circumstances.

What can I do know. Tax Credits wont give us any more info, they will call us back at some point in the next 2 weeks, but until then its Tough basically.

So yet again I am in receipt of nothing.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

I don't understand how tax credits recovering an overpayment out of their own benefit can disallow your income support? If entitlement to child tax credit is necessary surely you still have entitlement just a "nil" award as it is being fully recovered against the overpayment. Plus why has it taken so long for them to say there is an overpayment from 06/07?

Hope the MP can get to the bottom of it.

Good Luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

I understand that the Local Authority has a statutory obligation to help out families with CHILDREN when DWP/JCP non-payment is endangering their health and safety (perhaps this only applies to housing?). I've no experience in this area, therefore I can only guess that you'd have to contact the Council's children's services and explain that you can't even afford to put food on the table for the kids and yourselves. I don't even know where in the legislation this L.A. obligation comes from - it would be best if you can speak to a competent welfare rights worker ASAP.

I'm shocked that I.S. and C.T.C. were stopped so abruptly without them allowing you to make-good the debt by affordable instalments deducted from benefits over a longer period of time. Seems to me that "the powers that be" have no qualms about persecuting people!

Another thing which seems odd - is stopping I.S. simply because C.T.C. payment has been "deferred", and I choose this word, because it shouldn't be classed as stopped, it's more like them using your fortnightly payments (until April 4th) in order to repay the debt back to themselves - therefore C.T.C. is still being paid, only not into your bank. In any case, C.T.C. is for your children and I.S. is for you and your husband, they are separate benefits targeting different needs, moreover I'm not aware of C.T.C. being a qualifying "gateway" benefit for I.S. I can only conjecture that they've decided to recover the C.T.C. overpayment out of both benefits.

You can try for a Crisis Loan but remember that "debts to government dept's." are excluded, therefore the loan will be for "living expenses to avoid serious damage or risk to the health or safety of the applicant or a member of the family". If you're likely to be without any other source of income for the next 7 weeks then you ought to apply for (in the region of) £1300 and ask to repay this over the maximum time allowed - which is 102 weeks @ £12.75 per week. The maximum permitted (cumulative total) amount of Social Fund debt is £1500, so you might as well ask for this because they'll more than likely cut down any amount which you ask for. Also remember that the "discretionary social fund" budget is a fixed and exhaustible annual amount, sometimes awards are refused because they've simply already spent it all.

Sorry that I can't be more help, I really feel for you. I just got my I.B.50 medical questionnaire (yesterday) and this is usually the pre-cursor to the dreaded examination c/o "Atos Origin". Given that David Freud, (the investment banker the government employs as their adviser on welfare reform) has been "spouting-off" to the media that he thinks that 2/3 of I.B. claimants shouldn't be entitled, it fills me with anxiety for my future and the prospect of poverty pending an appeal to get my I.B. re-instated. If I can get signed-off for a few more years then I might be able to train as a welfare rights adviser with the CAB and be of more help in the future.

L.R.

When I rang the Income Support person this morning, she said that because CTC had informed them of an overpayment, it had automatically triggered a stop on the Income Support. She has sent us a giro to cover todays missed payment so hopefully we should receive that tomorrow, then they will continue at the £80 a week as we had been informed last week.

But with regards to CTC we basically have to wait for somebody to call back within the next 2 weeks.

I too, hope that the MP can sort this out because I seriously cannot dal with it anymore. I am just passed from pillar to ost, and when you finally think you have got things sorted out, something else goes wrong.

The whole damn system needs a mighty good shake up.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

I've got a nasty feeling that the £80 I.S. might be the reduced weekly amount for you and your partner together. (I'll try checking this c/o rightsnet - where I think I saw a document stating the applicable amounts for singles, couples etc.) You could also phone-up and get some clarification regarding the amount of the award from DWP/JCP in order to help determine your needs for a loan from the Social Fund.

Anyhow, I'll get back to you in a few hours (or sooner) because nobody could reasonably expect your family to manage avoiding damaging their health and safety without a Crisis Loan.

Income Support Personal allowances

Couple:

Both aged 18 and over: £92.80

Ask for a Crisis Loan for £700

Oh sorry lone ranger, the amount of £80 is because we are getting IS at a reduced rate, they have taken 20% off because we are in an appeal over the IB stopping without good reason. I have read somewhere that if you are awaiting operations, as my hubby is, then they cannot remove you from IB, but my hubby has been.

Currently his GP has written an appeal letter on our behalf, and the CAB has filled out all of our paperwork for us, and they are looking in to it, but while they consider the appeal, te IS is reduced, and if the appeal is successful then we will no coubt receive the backdated amount.

Thank you for checking that out though.

Settled at 50%

SETTLED IN FULL:

MBNA £1230. For Hubby.

Halifax £39.

RBS £342. For Hubby.

Cap One £200.

Abbey:

My incapacity was stopped in november, i am still fighting for it and have been told I am to wait at least another month.

When it was stopped i got a crisis payment (which i have to repay), I live alone and as with you struggle muchly to pay any bills, I can just about sort food, its a nightmare!