Finance Agreements

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well my mother has one and she now has to have insurance, so this lady should too, although my mother doesnt know whether it is compulsary or not

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

probably. You reversed out of a driveway and such a movement obstructs passing traffic (and pedestrains of all descriptions). It is considered that where such a manouver is carried out, it is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that it is safe to do so. It is the equivalent of pulling out of a side road onto a major road.

Well my mother has one and she now has to have insurance, so this lady should too, although my mother doesnt know whether it is compulsary or not

It is not.

The crucial delimiter is the top speed. Up to 4 mph are Class 2 and may only be used on the pavement. Above 4 mph (but not exceeding 8 mph) it is a Class 3 vehicle and may only be used on the road; it must be registered; it must have an amber beacon if used on a dual carriageway

This website provides definitive answers and links

will i be held responsable by my insurance company

Unfortunately, yes. If they pay out, you will also impact your NCB.

OTOH, you could pay for the repairs to the scooter - then you are only required to inform your ins. co. instead of claiming - this would preserve your NCB.

As you were reversing onto the highway, and collided with a vehicle on the highway, I think that you will be held at fault. It is for you to complete a maneouvre such as this without endangering other road users.

as the highway was clear when i reversed she must have been moveing at some speed or had stopped directly behind me. these things are so low down it would have been impossible to see through my rear mirror.

Somebody sat on one of these is considerably higher than a dog or a child; it is for you to ensure that the area immediately behind your vehicle is clear - the rearview mirror simply isn't good enough for this

If the lady in question hasn't made a claim against you for damage to the scooter, then there is no case to answer at the moment, even if she does, you could offer to pay for the damage caused ( this would mean you admitt the accident was your fault), without going through your insurance, which might work out cheaper in the end, since the lady wasnt hurt and isnt claiming such, then offering to cover all damage costs seems the way to proceed, however, saying that, the warden has now reported the accident to the police, on behalf of this lady, if you could proof the accident was at the fault of the scooter rider, then think about contesting her claims that you was to blame, give the police a statment of your side of events, get the accident logged to cover yourself down the line, incase things turn nasty, ie there try claim for personnel damage etc etc

At best the people riding these scooters have no training to operate such, wheres to drive a car we have to go through driving tests etc etc , you state the scooter lady wasnt that young, this could go in your favour, was she infact capable minded to operate such scooters, has the scooter been checked for any defaults that might have caused it to stop directly behind you as you reversed ? even ask your self did the lady infact stop behind you for any other reason ?

Also these scooters travel at such slow speeds 4 to 5 mph and if you was reversing then your speed wouldnt have been much either, so for the steering rack damage to occur i would be questioning that aswell...

Happy the old lady suffered no harm to herself, wouldnt wish that on any body, i'm sure you was shaken up at the time aswell, if you think you was to blame, let your insurance know, chances are it wont affect your ncb etc etc. And buy the old dear some flowers....

You state the accident happened on your drive way, why was this lady on you private land ?

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

thanks fo the advice

i feel realy bad about this

i dont want it to look than i am evading my responsabilities, than god i have insurance

i just feel i am being made the guilty party as she is about eighty and in an invalid scooter

best thing is to contact your insurers immediately, report it and leave them to sort things out. You can usually repay your insurers so it won't affect you premium (having protection does NOT mean that your premium wont rise) or offer to pay the old dear yourself, but be wary of settling privately - pay to repay your insurers or hers if you wish to do so.

I am An Engineer for a company that sells scooters and i repair and service them.

If she has the relivant insurence then yes she is covered, but if the case came to court could she really prove she was travelling at 4mph?

The only way she could prove it is if her scooter is class 2,

any thing such as a Pride celebity x, Shoprider Soveriegn 4, Pride Go Go ect.....

If she was riding something like a Sterling Diamond, Hill climber or celebrity XL8 it would be very hard to prove.

If you can remember what the scooter looks like then check out the following companys websites...

Pride Moblity

Sunrise medical

Scootertech

Roma medical

Medicare technology.

Hope this helps in someway.

I've heard from many people that the Cap One card (I have one) does not get increased unless you abuse it. As I always pay the full amount every month (sometimes even more!) I've never been able to test this however, I've also never had an increase either, despite paying back more than is on the card a couple of times! :D

Youre right about the credit limits. These cards with stupid APR's - Classic cards - tend to be very difficult to get a credit limit increase on as they are the cards most likely to default. They tend to give the increases to people who have the more 'prestigious' cards ie Premier or Platinum where some of the limits are a bit stupid. (eg one of my family members who is permanently severely disabled and claims benefits, when she closed the account her credit limit was heading towards the 10,000 mark)

It is an automated process, the results of which should be held on thier system under 'automated CLI increase/decline' whether or not this will hold up on a sar, Im not sure as it tends to be under the 'technical' notes rather than the notes just about the customer. It might be worth asking them about this if they fob you off. (which they will, is it ERC youre dealing with?:D )

Pebs, the whole 'credit limit increase on 4th payment' should be the case. If you have used the card, and paid on time, kept within your limit, the credit limit will be increased by £100 on the 4th statement date. If not, call customer services and they will do it for you. They wont tell you it's £100 though if you do need to - you may need to play dumb here :D hope this helps!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

when i came out of bankruptcy, the 1st thing i wanted to do was get a credit card!

not so i could start bashing the card again, but, to improve my credit rating.

cap 1 was the only company that would entertain me. £200 credit limit. wow. but the point was, when after a year or two i made applications for credit elsewhere, one of the questions always asked was 'do you have a credit card?' and the fact that i could respond positively helped me increase my rating.

i'm going back 6 or so years, and i still have the card with a limit of £2750.

having said all that, i can also say that iv'e never used it due to the high apr!

i'm pretty sure that they increased the limit without my requesting it.

bartymuv.

Seems to be several threads merged together here:-

Finance Agreements

Can a court enforce agreements

Capital One

Need link to the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Accident with invalid scooter

Consumer Credit Act

All started by the OP

Where's a mod to unravel them???:)

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

• 3 weeks later...