smart parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i received a ticket for parking on private land

i received a letter from smart parking 25 th july claiming that they have had confirmation from the keeper

that i was the driver at the time (completely untrue ) asking for payment

i ignored the letter,

then ive received 4 more that i also ignored

the first was £80

then 2 for £150

then the 4th reduced to avoid court action £120

ive now received a letter today from zenith collections

notice of debt recovery assignment,

saying that they are now responsible for the debt

and as debt recovery has been transferred to zenith at a discounted rate they are prepared to accept £80

not sure where i go with this one,

any advice would be more than welcome(im in england)

thanks

r

i received a letter from smart parking 25 th july claiming that they have had confirmation from the keeper that i was the driver at the time (completely untrue ) asking for payment

r

What is untrue

a) That they had confirmation from the keeper naming you or

b) That you were the driver

If you were not the driver can't you evidence your being somewhere else at the time?

there are 2 sorts of assignment of debt and I bet that this is merely Zenith have been asked to collect it rather than an absolute assignment. If this is the case they cant do court in their own name (where has that cropped up before?) and you can ignore or you can write back denying the debt and tell them to pass it back to the originator as disputed. Also tell them that any further communication without proof of absolute assignment, which must have proof of the original debt, will be considered harassment. I wouldnt agrue about the circumstances that originated the claim, that is not their business so you can keep that for Smart, should they want to take the matter further.

Unless you are the registered keeper then they have no reason to contact you once you have written back and said 'I was not the driver at the time'

Zenith are just Debt Collectors and all they need to be told is that any alleged debt is denied and they should refer to their client, don't enter any other dialogue with a debt collector, they have no powers at all.

Personally I would write to Smart once and advise that I was not the driver and on that basis I will not be paying their invoice.

• 4 weeks later...