Parking Eye tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive recieved two seperate parking fines for two seperate occasions through the post from the above company demanding £85 up front for each (or £50 if paid within 14 days of issue)for overstaying in Morrisons car park in Grantham. on 23/01/13 issued on 12/02/13 and 30/01/13 issued on 19/02/13, is it legaly binding? is it legal to give the issue dates weeks in advance? im really confused as to what to do.

Yes i did overstay i think, but im a student and i was in the library studying and lost track of time, but my overstaying on one occasion was 41 minutes and the second occassion 30 minutes. I cant afford to pay these fines, and im really worried.

Can anyone advise me?

Edited by lexie-1970
spelling error

Read the forum about parking eye.

Write to Morrisons and ask them if Parking Eye are authorised to being a legal action on their behalf. Ask Morrisons what their actual losses might have been if they had been caused by any breach caused by you.

Ask them to give a breakdown of this and ask them if they will be prepared to come to court and give evidence of all of this if Parking Eye happen to take you to court.

You can also ask Morrisons why they feel that they such a serious parking abuse problem on their hands that they think that it is worth dragging down their reputation by declaring this kind of war on their customers.

Just ignore them and the ridiculous chain of letters that follows from DCAs etc (same idiots just a different desk) and it will soon go away - there is no threat of court action and nothing to affect your credit rating, come back here for a pep talk if you begin to waiver.

I've got a similar problem

I was caught by parking eye for staying in the town quay car park in southampton by the docks

I was in the carpark for two hours but didnt leave the car as was just watching the view etc

It was also 9:30pm so it didn't really occur to me to pay for parking, plus i had in the back of my mind that it was free after 6pm (which ive now found out it used to be up until parking eye have taken over the car park!)

Anyway I didn't read any of these forums advising to ignore the letters so I appealed

My appeal has been rejected by just a standard letter saying I provided no evidence that I paid for a ticket - well durh - that wasn't the basis of my appeal, my appeal was to consider basic human error!

Anyway can I still ignor them and it will go away?

As by appealing I have admitted I was the driver :(

from what I've read it seems parking eye not knowing who was driving is the key to not having to pay the charge, so I'm assuming because I admitted I was the driver I'm now going to have to fork out the £60?

the only mistake was to appeal to them there is no appeal with any parking company

they have your details you will get ever increasing beg letters and solicitors letters

then.......................................

Nothing:-)

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

thanks for replying!

I shall ignore them then - I really cant afford £60 !

How do you know the letters will stop, did you experience this yourself?

I'm a student - I can imagine my parents going mad if they find out I've been ignoring solicitors letters :|

Yes, the letters do stop after a while. With one company I got 2 letters to ignore and with another I got 2 letters from the parking co and then some from a debt collection agency and then nothing, which was a shame as I was dying for them to take me to court as I am the landowner of the "car park" and it is leased to a well known supermarket who took it upon themselves to employ these parking control bods.

• 5 years later...

Please can someone help me, I paid my ticket, 6 months of stress, nearly had a heart attack, they admitted I paid my fee, I made an error in my reg after many attempts to get the machine to accept, am totally at my wits end, now they rejected my appeal and threatening court action I paid my fee, never over stayed, why am I being bullied this way , can anyone help they now want £100 or else court action

Thread is +5yrs old you won't get seen here

Start a new thread..

Of your ow n thread please

Thread now closed to stop newbie bumping

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks