MERCERS and 2 faulty BC DNs **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another update:

They've called my wifes number yet again ... 8:55pm

They also called my 'new' number too ... this is outrageous behaviour. Talk about digging a nice big hole.

D

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we come along and help you fill it in when they get it dug and are looking up at you from 6 foot under

Given the help that I've been offered all are welcome :)

8:55pm is just out of order.

D

Given the help that I've been offered all are welcome :)

8:55pm is just out of order.

D

Each and EVERY phone call to your wifes phone is out of order. Hold on

I think I hear another coffin nail being hammered on. Our Soles

OK, I would send the letter above by special delivery. Have you kept a log of all phone calls made?

Can you scan the lettter barclays sent you?

We'll go to next stage up soon, I promise:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

OK, I would send the letter above by special delivery. Have you kept a log of all phone calls made?

Yes we have :( I'm in the process of combining your letter with content of my own. It will be uncompromising.

Can you scan the lettter barclays sent you?

With the greatest of ease but even with the immediately identifying content removed I'm not going to make that public just yet because we can't know who looks in on these forums. It's not a generic letter.

We'll go to next stage up soon, I promise:)

Count on that! I have every intention of nailing this lot to the floor and kicking very hard.

D

Yes we have :( I'm in the process of combining your letter with content of my own. It will be uncompromising.

With the greatest of ease but even with the immediately identifying content removed I'm not going to make that public just yet because we can't know who looks in on these forums. It's not a generic letter.

Would you be willing to e-mail me a private copy (confidentiality guaranteed) ?

Count on that! I have every intention of nailing this lot to the floor and kicking very hard.

D

Up to you, of course...

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

and i forgot to mention, roughly how many calls have you recieved on your log, and over what period (ie 10 over 5 day).

and i forgot to mention, roughly how many calls have you recieved on your log, and over what period (ie 10 over 5 day).

That varies ... the average would be around 5 a day, every day for nearly 3 months.

We've only started fully logging them recently BUT they must have their own logs of these. I wonder if BT have full records.

The record is 22 calls in one day starting at 8am and finishing at 9:45pm. At other times our answerphone has failed because of the sheer volume and frequency of calls. This has happened quite a few times. Not particularly useful when you're looking for work and need telephone contact.

I've also never disclosed my mobile phone number to them and yet they discovered that somehow and that always rings after my wifes number fails if there's a particularly stroppy moron on my case at that point ...

I've even been called by these b*stards 3 times whilst I've been in an interview ... I'm always courteous enough to turn my mobile off but that's not the point. I've even made this point to them ... but all you get is 'duhhhh ... minimum payment ... duhhhh'.

They send multiple text messages too.

This is nothing but deliberate & premeditated intimidation.

All I can say is that I don't know where all of this is going but I'm along for the FULL ride and they've picked on the wrong person.

D

That varies ... the average would be around 5 a day, every day for nearly 3 months.

We've only started fully logging them recently BUT they must have their own logs of these. I wonder if BT have full records.

The record is 22 calls in one day starting at 8am and finishing at 9:45pm. At other times our answerphone has failed because of the sheer volume and frequency of calls. This has happened quite a few times. Not particularly useful when you're looking for work and need telephone contact.

I've also never disclosed my mobile phone number to them and yet they discovered that somehow and that always rings after my wifes number fails if there's a particularly stroppy moron on my case at that point ...

I've even been called by these b*stards 3 times whilst I've been in an interview ... I'm always courteous enough to turn my mobile off but that's not the point. I've even made this point to them ... but all you get is 'duhhhh ... minimum payment ... duhhhh'.

They send multiple text messages too.

This is nothing but deliberate & premeditated intimidation.

All I can say is that I don't know where all of this is going but I'm along for the FULL ride and they've picked on the wrong person.

D

I believe you and cant wait to see you give these B'stards the same sh!t as they give you

You coul put a message on thanking them for calling and give them a load of options such as pres button 1 for such and such etc

Then end up by saying If you are from Mercers please note THAT I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT FROM YOUR COMPANY oh yes and this call is costing you £1.50 per minute

You coul put a message on thanking them for calling and give them a load of options such as pres button 1 for such and such etc

Then end up by saying If you are from Mercers please note THAT I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT FROM YOUR COMPANY oh yes and this call is costing you £1.50 per minute

:lol:

Right, preliminary advice, is to get your wife to take your phone log, a copy of all the letters you have sent or recieved on this issue, a copy of any answering phone tapes you have where they filled up the entire tape, and you can go yourself as well as a witness

1) A copy of Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (c. 40) - Statute Law Database

2) A copy of Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31) - Statute Law Database

3) A copy of Communications Act 2003 (c. 21) - Statute Law Database

Report the issue to the police. When the guy at the front desk tells you its a civil matter, produce the hard copy and ask to see the senior officer on duty. Make sure they take a statement, and issue a crime reference number.

Once you've done this, we can go to step #2 (Court), if you want.

Court, step 1, special delivery:

Dear Mr XXX,

RE: Letter before action.

I write to inform you that, if you / your agents do not cease and desist calling me on my private phone line XXXXXX, within 7 days of the receipt of this letter, I will start legal proceedings against you without further notice.

You may contact my husband, in writing, at:

ADDRESS.

Please note, i have nothing to do with any dispute between yourself and my husband.

Yours sincerly,

XXX.

I have an 0870 number I give to them, it pays me 6p per minuite so I dont mind chatting.

next time they call and ask for money tell them you cant afford it because you just paid cash for your brand new BMW.

But dont say that unless you know they have zero chance of legally collecting.

UPDATE

Only 3 calls so far today (a Sunday) and they were all made to my new sipgate account :) They're devious gits too ... I watched a phone call happen and not get answered and then immediately afterwards another call from an 'unknown' source. Thing is, I've only divulged my number to one possible caller.

I don't have tapes from my answerphone as it's electronic. Not a cheapy either ... it takes a lot of phone calls to screw up an Ericsson gizmo. We've only started full logging recently too. Now that it's automated things will be much easier to prove.

D

Now, it's interesting your wife is not getting called... maybe they are reading the forum...

*WAVES TO MEN IN GREY SUITS...*

If they are, they should know... I'm advising him behind the scenes:) And when it comes to it, so will a few others:)

Law case, here we come, smirk.

This is their usual stunt ringing twice in quick succession because most people who have friends who ring them from witheld numbers usually tell them to ring twice soa as they will know its a friend and not som call centre

This is their usual stunt ringing twice in quick succession because most people who have friends who ring them from witheld numbers usually tell them to ring twice soa as they will know its a friend and not som call centre

yeah, sure. I'd bet, if you give it a couple of days, they'll ramp it up again on the new line. It'll bet it'll be 40 calls in a day.

First it was 08453 007 024 then number withheld ... idiots. They're gonna have to be an awful lot smarter than that :)

D

yeah, sure. I'd bet, if you give it a couple of days, they'll ramp it up again on the new line. It'll bet it'll be 40 calls in a day.

Each call is a further nail in their coffin:-D

UPDATE

Well, it continues. The CCA letter has been sent recorded delivery with appropriate payment so we'll have to wait to see what doesn't happen in that regard.

Another 5 illegal calls today on my new Sipgate number ... all dropped of course. The usual mix of revealed and non-revealed numbers apply. But at least now the duration and precise time are being recorded by an independent 3rd party. All fun to watch the futility of it all whilst doing boring software installs :)

They normally phone between 7:30pm and 9pm so it may not be over for the day but what the hell huh?

These creatures are just an irritant and I have to say thanks again to you guys. Your help has been invaluable and I'm nothing like as stressed as I was about this whole situation thanks to your advice.

D

Have they stopped calling your wife?