MERCERS and 2 faulty BC DNs **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's not abusive at all ... if they want abusive all they have to do is ask :( I've been known to invent new expletives and combinations thereof when annoyed ;)

D

Very nice letter:)

For our purposes, you need to remain polite to then, 'cause you want them to look like the bad guys.

I would recommend a complaint to Trading Standards (yoiu have to do it through Consumer Direct - Contact us) , and BT / your telephone provider, today.

Next stage is the F.O.S.

Then The police.

Then court.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice letter:)

Took me bloody ages but thanks.

For our purposes, you need to remain polite to then, 'cause you want them to look like the bad guys.

I always am ... my wife has no such restrictions and anything that they hear in the background ... well, that's just background ;)

I would recommend a complaint to Trading Standards (yoiu have to do it through Consumer Direct - Contact us) , and BT / your telephone provider, today.

On the case now.

D

That's not abusive at all ... if they want abusive all they have to do is ask :( I've been known to invent new expletives and combinations thereof when annoyed ;)

D

I know, that's why it was in quote marks, I have heard it often myself, usually when you have made a point that makes them look very silly, just another call centre ploy to wind you up and scare you (not!!) ...... you carry on !! ;)

Letter of complaint cc'd to Mercers and sent - check

Letter emailed to customer complaints at Barclaycard with receipt acknowledgments - check

Trading Standards contacted - check

BT contacted, complaint made and registered (Mercers number blocked tomorrow) - check

Bring it on you chimps :) I'm a CAG member now :)

No further phone calls today but their pattern for me seems to be morning and evening so no great surprise there.

D

Past 7pm and all is still quiet on all fronts ... nothing since 10am.

I wonder what's keeping them so quiet?

Is it the letter from my wife, the CCA request or the formal complaint to their bosses?

D

Oh, drat!

I hope they don't give up, yet!

We haven't got anywhere NEAR the fun bit yet:) :confused::(:mad:

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Nah they are sitting in their trees peeling bananas scratching their bums thinking of the next series of calls

I've already done a first draft of the application for an injunction... i was going to enjoy posting that:(

Out of interest, who would make that decision and what would it mean for me in broad terms?

D

It's a minor business decision, so probably some spotted nosed oik minor manager in a bad fitting suit:)

They'd either stop calling you, and just write empty threat-o-grams, OR send the acount back to the O.C., or send it onto another DCA.

The chances of them suing you... given what they've been up to, is slim indeed, 'cause they'd lose, and lose big style.

Can they do that with the account in dispute?

Quite often, yes, if they can't collect. Average collection cycles about 3 months anyway... It's usually quite effective to send an in dispute letter & inform them that they are in breach of OFT Debt collection Guidelines etc staight way, i do the lot within 24 hours - CCA, In dispute letter, Telephone Harrassment Letter, Formal Complaint under the CCA 2006, and S.A.R. and Letter Before Action the old debt collector:)

Also, quite often the "new" DCA is in the same group as the "old" DCA... it's just a new strategy, e.g. they've played hardcore, it didn't work, now they'll pretend to be nice guys etc... Just good friends:)

always worth searching to check if the new DCA's an old friend:)

Also, quite often the "new" DCA is in the same group as the "old" DCA... it's just a new strategy, e.g. they've played hardcore, it didn't work, now they'll pretend to be nice guys etc... Just good friends:)

In which case the second word will still be 'off' when they decide to contact me.

D

In which case the second word will still be 'off' when they decide to contact me.

D

Hey, we can always hope they haven't changed their mind yet... All we need is another week or so:)

Well they stopped phoning at 10am this morning on all lines. I'd quite like to know what did this although I suspect their failure on my sipgate line and the threat of legal action by my wife may have been contributory. The latter would have arrived this morning.

Maybe my formal complaint to Barclaycard by email reinforced this. It was very strongly worded.

Frustration doesn't generate nearly enough of a bad time for all of the stress and grief that they cause :mad:

I truly loathe these red arsed baboons (a different monkey based insult invoking a less than endearing image :wink:) and I really don't know what I'd do if I met a DCA 'call centre drone' in person. Well, I do but I can't say that here just in case :lol:

OMMMMMM ... feel the CAG good Karma :cool:

D

UPDATE

Well, Consumer Direct have got back to me and my local TS will be in touch soon apparently.

Also, it's still ominously quiet which I guess is a good thing. It seems very odd that my phone isn't constantly ringing at all times. Not a single harassing call in nearly 24 hours now. That's the largest period of peace from these **** that I've had in over 3 months.

I'm still not entirely sure what stopped them as several harsh blows were delivered simultaneously.

I'll keep you all updated ;)

D

They have automatic diallers. When a phone gets answered a monkey picks it up - which is why there is sometimes a pause before anyone says anything & sometimes there are totally blank calls - because there isn't a monkey that gives a damn to pick it up. (Saw something somewhere (not very informative but I am getting old) that a silent call must be followed by a proper call - 2 silent calls in a row is naughty)

So when they don't get through or don't like what they hear, you go back on the list again.

I think that there are a few things that determine how often you get called:

How many monkeys turned up to work today

How many people they have to call - they probably get added by the bucketload so that might slow them down when the next bucket gets added

How much they want to harrass you compared with the remainder

Whether you answered last time or not

Whether there is a Y in the day of the week

How much you wound them up last time ...

2 calls so far and another '48 hours before we send the local hard boys around' letter sent 2nd class. Yeah Yeah ;) You do that Mercers ... you do that :cool:

I wonder which bit of 'eff off' they missed?

D

This is absolutely bizarre and I'm now convinced there's a behaviour change going on. Still only 2 calls on my Sipgate line today ... one open and with a masked caller ID.

It's stopped again now ... almost like it's half hearted. They've patently had an instruction to do something. Another raft of material will have arrived with them today including a copy of a formal complaint against them and a warning of impending legal action.

I wonder if Barclaycard have got involved as I threatened them with all kinds of action as the client and originator.

D