MERCERS and 2 faulty BC DNs **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right that's the required time for a default on producing the CCA stuff ... 2 phone calls on my sipgate account today and one on my wifes number again.

What next?

D

Will get back to you on sunday. unfortunatly, relatives are coming:) all interent activities cease:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

OK I have now received the Barclaycard conditions of use and an application form that I signed.

It quotes the CCA. Is this sufficient or do they need to supply more?

Amazing how this reply was sent first class and yet they've failed to reply to anything else.

D

OK I have now received the Barclaycard conditions of use and an application form that I signed.

It quotes the CCA. Is this sufficient or do they need to supply more?

Amazing how this reply was sent first class and yet they've failed to reply to anything else.

D

it's best to scan & post it, minus personal details.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

it's best to scan & post it, minus personal details.

There's no way that it'll scan ... it's blurred as it is.

Just by my sig it says ... 'This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its terms.'

if its an application form and also blurred then there is no way that it can be enforced

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

It's clearly marked as 'Application' and the only thing that refers to the CCA is the above sentence. The rest is just personal info that I've filled in ... my 'employment details' are not in my handwriting and must have been filled in by a B/C employee.

if its an application form and also blurred then there is no way that it can be enforced

I've scanned this carefully and the key thing is (I think) that the application form that I signed makes NO reference to the terms and conditions that they've supplied as a separate sheet. Even those conditions are vague with no specific credit limit etc.

They refer to this badly copied document as an 'Application Credit Card Agreement' in the associated letter and then state what my current credit limit is and what I owe etc etc. At no point is this stated on the document that I signed. It's just an application form.

Ideas anyone? It sounds to me like they're bluffing here.

I'd genuinely like to stick it to this lot but I need to be sure before I take them on.

Funny though ... Mercers didn't call today at all. Do they believe this stuff that they've sent to be true or are they backing off?

Equally odd is that once the law is mentioned regarding the legal status of this debt they can reply in writing very quickly and using first class post. The CCA request was sent to Mercers and the response (letter included from a B/C legal department clerk) was from Barclaycard.

The letter contains the usual nonsense about going over my credit limit (only because you applied punishing interest you gits) and all of the rest about paying unfeasible amounts to them in a couple of weeks.

What next guys?

D

Just an update ... Sipgate continues to work and ring silently approximately 5 times a day. I've had the delightful 'Sarah' and 'Ann' leave messages (after 100 secs delay), so congratulations to them, they win this weeks 'stupid juice' drinkers award for services to harassment. That's an unreasonable length of time for any attempted call.

I've also received another of those strange cards in a blue envelope with the comic sans font used on the address label. I'm supposed to ring them ... did they miss the idea that I want stuff in writing?

Next week the war with Barclaycard begins as I dispute the evidence that they've supplied for my CCA request both by direct response and through Trading Standards (a multi tiered complaint). I have a job interview to prepare for before then and that has to take priority. Wish me luck folks :)

D

Just an update ... Sipgate continues to work and ring silently approximately 5 times a day. I've had the delightful 'Sarah' and 'Ann' leave messages (after 100 secs delay), so congratulations to them, they win this weeks 'stupid juice' drinkers award for services to harassment. That's an unreasonable length of time for any attempted call.

I've also received another of those strange cards in a blue envelope with the comic sans font used on the address label. I'm supposed to ring them ... did they miss the idea that I want stuff in writing?

Next week the war with Barclaycard begins as I dispute the evidence that they've supplied for my CCA request both by direct response and through Trading Standards (a multi tiered complaint). I have a job interview to prepare for before then and that has to take priority. Wish me luck folks :)

D

Now that you know what these stupid envelopes contain just photocopy them and mark them RETURN TO SENDER and place in your nearest post box

They have no right of access to your property. Tell them where to go ... better, write to them and tell them that they are not welcome. They have to make an appointment with you NOT tell you when they're turning up.

Do not consent but I'd have a camera ready anyway :)

D

They have no right of access to your property. Tell them where to go ... better, write to them and tell them that they are not welcome. They have to make an appointment with you NOT tell you when they're turning up.

Do not consent but I'd have a camera ready anyway :)

D

Under Common Law you have a legal right to remove any trespasser using minimum force. However best thing is too diall 999 and report a breach of pece to the boys in blue. A doorstepper from a scummy DCA has ABSOLUTELY NO LEGAL RIGHTS

Thanks both, had already reported them before when they popped a postcard in the door to say they had called, got an incident number and then when the local agent rang told her what I'd done and that Bcard had no legal right to collect the debt. Could tell she was rattled! Great idea about the camera.

When Ruthbridge were threatening doorstep visits we happened to see someone selling CCTV cameras so we bought one and we just have to press record on the video and we get both pictures and sound of anyone at the door (Surprise surprise they never turned up!!!) but it was worth the £40 for peace of mind.

Update ... now they've gone quiet.

No letters or calls for 3 days ... bliss!

(Oh and it looks like I landed that job ... the interview went very well)

I'm suspicious though ... what are they up to?

D

Update ... now they've gone quiet.

No letters or calls for 3 days ... bliss!

(Oh and it looks like I landed that job ... the interview went very well)

I'm suspicious though ... what are they up to?

D

The single DCA braincell is on loan to some other DCA at the minute. They have to wait for its return so as they can continue harrassing you. Enjoy the peace and quiet. It will soon be interupted.

Congrats on the job BTW

The single DCA braincell is on loan to some other DCA at the minute. They have to wait for its return so as they can continue harrassing you. Enjoy the peace and quiet. It will soon be interupted.

I thought he was on holiday ;)

My congrats on the job too *hugs*

Great news about the job Delfi, fingers crossed (that'll explain the typing then!), no doorstep visit but daughter got two more letters threatening visits, have got template from another thread by Priority to reply.

Fed up though because sent report to Citi's local TS on husband's behalf only to be told that as he is resident where he is , they can't deal with it and sent it back to TS where I live grrr - they could have sent it back to me, took me ages copying that lot!!!Only sent it there because local TS reply was less than helpful:evil:

Good that its quiet for you on the communication front, strange though how you start to become addicted to it, long may your peace continue - cheers:D