MERCERS and 2 faulty BC DNs **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You could always try the never fail method of ''Exactly what part of F**K Off do you not understand''

Tried that ... it doesn't work. Even the full 5 minute rant not allowing them to get a word in doesn't work.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried that ... it doesn't work. Even the full 5 minute rant not allowing them to get a word in doesn't work.
Well then we will have to try the old lift phone, set phone beside radio for half an hour ploy:D

who was it who handed the phone to his three year old daughter? i liked that idea.

delfi, dont worry mate, you're CAG now. its time to start enjoying this ;).

i didnt notice any mention of the basic CCA request anywhere on this thread.

Thanks mate, this site (and all of you lot) have been really helpful and I'm very grateful.

The CCA is on my 'to do' list but the first thing I want to deal with are the incessant phone calls which have been disturbing my sleep and thoroughly ****ing me off.

As I said in a prior post, I''m made of stronger stuff than most folks. This kind of unrelenting attempted intimidation must be awful for some. In fact, I seem to recall a suicide local to me last year because of this sort of thing.

I've been thinking of making life awkward for them by demanding all data that they have held on me including a full list of all calls made and all logs of those calls.

D

It is important that you get the CCA off to these mongrels as quickly as possible. They have 12 working days to provide it. Failing to do so puts them in default. A calendar month after that date they comit a summary offence and should be reported to TS and the OFT. Whilst they are in default they should not be calling you or harrassing you. They can not passs your details on to anyone else. This puts you in a stronger position.

To find out all they have on you you need to send them a SAR (Subject Access Request) although its generally better to do this to the original Creditor. A complaint to the Original Creditor is also another useful idea as they employed these lowlifes and as such are responsible for their behaviour. Inform Merders that you are recording every conversation even if you are not. If nothing else it will improve their manners so they should be nearly as mannerly as a pack of rabid dogs. Glad to see you are able to handle these numbskulls yourself but remeber if you need help thats what we are all here for

Yep, agree with ODC, for a quid and the cost of a rec delivery letter it is invaluable in putting you back in control and in the driving seat and a very good position and in the end you do actually want the calls to stop and this will assist along with the harassment letters

It is important that you get the CCA off to these mongrels as quickly as possible.

It will be winging its way to them on Monday.

Glad to see you are able to handle these numbskulls yourself but remeber if you need help thats what we are all here for

I can stand up for myself but the detail of how to deal with these lowlifes is what I need a hand with ... that's where you guys come in and you have no idea how grateful I am! This will not be forgotten.

Just being able to talk about this is useful.

Thanks again all.

D

I am dealing with mercers myself so can sympathise. But doesn't it feel good to come of here and take control lol :)

Mercers are already in default on my CCA request and shortly will be commiting a criminal offense :)

looking forward to reporting them to TS and FOS and anyone else who will listen hurrah.

Go get em

ali xxx

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

I am dealing with mercers myself so can sympathise. But doesn't it feel good to come of here and take control lol :)

Mercers are already in default on my CCA request and shortly will be commiting a criminal offense :)

looking forward to reporting them to TS and FOS and anyone else who will listen hurrah.

Go get em

ali xxx

Thanks Ali, I'm hoping the same happens to me ... I'm going to pursue these bastards remorselessly and relentlessly from now on.

All the very best of luck to you too ... go for the jugular.

They'll regret the day the ever took me on.

Update: 7 calls so far today and now they've been directed to my sipgate number and voice mail by my wife. No calls to that yet but I'm sure they'll call ... for once I can't wait ... I can sit here and mess around and watch their futile attempts being logged. I set the time delay for the voice mail to maximum in order to add maximum burden to their system :wink: Whilst they're waiting for me they're not hassling someone else right?

D

when did you send the telephone harassment letter off? And is the telephone line rented by someone else?

The harassment letter was sent at the start of July and they have been made aware that the phone that they are using is in my wifes name (and is hers). I sent a further letter 2 weeks later and they have been told on countless occasions when they call.

(Edit: the phone calls simply haven't stopped and they ignore any request to put anything in writing)

D

You can use this as a last resort:

Dear XXXX,

RE: OFFICIAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006

WARNING IMPENDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION

I have now, on dozens of occasions, informed your company that I am unwilling to communicate by phone on phone number XXXXXXX. I have informed you that this phone number is the property of my wife, and have given you an alternative phone number XXXXXX.

I have also asked that all corrispondance should be in writing. You are obliged, under the OFT debt collection guidelines, and both civil and criminal law, to obey my reasonable request in this matter.

I have sent you a harassment by telephone letter on 04/07 which I enclose in this letter, and given you plenty of opportunity to cease and desist this unwarranted and illegal harassment.

I place you under notice that, If I recieve any further calls from your organisation on my wifes private phone line, I will take further legal action on this matter.

If you continue harassing my wife and myself I may without further notice ask the court for permission to bring a private criminal prosection against the directors of your firm.

I reserve the right to seek an injunction from the court on this matter.

I place you under notice, under section 7 of the data protection act, that you must update your records to reflect my proper phone number, and to remove my wifes private phone number.

I consider your actions to be a significant breach of the law.

I reserve the right to seek an injunction against you.

I reserve the right to bring a formal complaint to OFCOM, the Police, THE F.S.O, THE F.S.A., THE OFT, and all other relevant regulatory Bodies.

Further, please note that this letter constitutes a formal complaint under the consumer credit act 2006.

Yours Sincerly,

XXX.

Get your wife to send this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-998000.html

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

It will be winging its way to them on Monday.

I can stand up for myself but the detail of how to deal with these lowlifes is what I need a hand with ... that's where you guys come in and you have no idea how grateful I am! This will not be forgotten.

Just being able to talk about this is useful.

Thanks again all.

D

All of us who help you have bneen in the same position with the scummy DCAs. But Knowledge is power. So treat them with the manners they treat you with

OOh love that letter, holding that in reserve (with a little tweeking) for cap one. We have repeatedly asked them to stop calling and put everything in writing, one of their muppets last week told hubby he "couldn't do that and you are legally obliged to speak to us" cheeky so and so. Just sent off a further phone harrassment letter and am waiting for them to default on the CCA request :)

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

OOh love that letter, holding that in reserve (with a little tweeking) for cap one. We have repeatedly asked them to stop calling and put everything in writing, one of their muppets last week told hubby he "couldn't do that and you are legally obliged to speak to us" cheeky so and so. Just sent off a further phone harrassment letter and am waiting for them to default on the CCA request :)

ali x

Same thing here ... they just phoned my wifes number at 8:55am and left an aggressive answerphone message demanding that I phone them back. They didn't however leave a number and this time the number of the calling phone was withheld. So, even though they've been given my new magic number they refuse to use it.

They're so full of BS it's beyond belief. 'Legally obliged' my arse! :)

D

Update ... that's 8 phone calls before 1pm today ... they really are keen. Shame that 8-)

Now my 'new' phone number has started to take calls and it's clear that they occasionally like to hide their number (making BT based blocking useless).

And some damned bot has started editing my sweary bits on this forum too ... :eek:

D

My personal ambition is to get a premium rate number from XXX and then entertain the b**gers in hour long calls. but I've never met a DCA quite that dim...

:lol: Love it TT :grin:

I bet there are some DCA staff out there that dim :rolleyes:

Update ... that's 8 phone calls before 1pm today ... they really are keen. Shame that 8-)

Now my 'new' phone number has started to take calls and it's clear that they occasionally like to hide their number (making BT based blocking useless).

And some damned bot has started editing my sweary bits on this forum too ... :eek:

D

You can get BT to block all witheld number calls. It annoys the hell out of the DCA monkeys

You can get BT to block all witheld number calls. It annoys the hell out of the DCA monkeys

They seem to have numbers in the range 08543 007 02* plus they also withhold the number occasionally. Sounds like a deliberate and cynical tactic.

D

Fight back Delfi, a couple of times I have asked Bcard/Mercers muppets (oh no sorry thats me lol) for the full name, address and date of birth or you can try dpick's tatics, (once you have sent the CCA) just keep repeating the account is in dispute, communication in writing only). The idea of these dratted phone calls is to keep you on the back foot, so take no notice of them, you might actually get addicted to giving them the run around but it is really important to get that CCA request off and mark it Account in Dispute.

My 'phone has suddenly gone quiet, on one of my threads I wrote complaining that my local TS was not prepared to do anything despite me producing a small forest in reports on the creditors, maybe they have now or maybe they're having a weekend off, doesen't bother me anymore, keep your chin up Delfi and keep the faith:D

They seem to have numbers in the range 08543 007 02* plus they also withhold the number occasionally. Sounds like a deliberate and cynical tactic.

D

The reason they withold their numbers is that if you recognise its the **** calling you will not answer. with all the 0845 numbers ignore them and when they hang up ring back using 141 before you dial to withhold your number just to see if it is the SCUMBAGS

UPDATE:

Late post today which I've just read ...

I cc'd my last Mercers letter (a STRONGLY worded complaint) to Barclaycard and their 'Customer Relationship Manager' has written back with a long letter stating the bloody obvious.

There's an apology for the delay and then an explanation which says everything has to be automated because they have so many customers. Fine, that means my debt can't be that important to them.

Apparently I should also expect telephone calls at any time that they choose with a frequency that they choose because I haven't made minimum payments. I've brought the lot upon myself and it's my fault. This is something that I've explained very clearly and I now have an acknowledgement that they have received ALL of the relevant documentation as well as my complaints.

It seems that I should call them on a regular basis if I can't pay them what they ask for. Letters simply won't do!

To cap it all they suggest getting in touch with the FSO if I'm not satisifed

and that I have 8 weeks to take the complaint further with them.

These stupid arrogant people evidently think that I'm not going to call their bluff. How wrong can they be? They clearly haven't read what I've sent them and they think that they can fob me off this way.

Barclayretard!

D

UPDATE:

Late post today which I've just read ...

I cc'd my last Mercers letter (a STRONGLY worded complaint) to Barclaycard and their 'Customer Relationship Manager' has written back with a long letter stating the bloody obvious.

There's an apology for the delay and then an explanation which says everything has to be automated because they have so many customers. Fine, that means my debt can't be that important to them.

Apparently I should also expect telephone calls at any time that they choose with a frequency that they choose because I haven't made minimum payments. I've brought the lot upon myself and it's my fault. This is something that I've explained very clearly and I now have an acknowledgement that they have received ALL of the relevant documentation as well as my complaints.

It seems that I should call them on a regular basis if I can't pay them what they ask for. Letters simply won't do!

To cap it all they suggest getting in touch with the FSO if I'm not satisifed

and that I have 8 weeks to take the complaint further with them.

These stupid arrogant people evidently think that I'm not going to call their bluff. How wrong can they be? They clearly haven't read what I've sent them and they think that they can fob me off this way.

Barclayretard!

D

This would appear their reaction to your complaints. Obviously they havent heard of the Administration of Justice Act, various Harrasment and Telecomunications Act. They have responded you are not satisfied. So goodbye Barclaycrap hello FOS and Barclaycard start of minus £400

A fair result for their moronic behaviour

This would appear their reaction to your complaints. Obviously they havent heard of the Administration of Justice Act, various Harrasment and Telecomunications Act. They have responded you are not satisfied. So goodbye Barclaycrap hello FOS and Barclaycard start of minus £400

A fair result for their moronic behaviour

All quoted. :wink:

Also quoted:

Article 8 (Right to respect for private and family life) of the European Human Rights Act 19988) which states in subsection 1 that ' Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home & correspondence'

None of these are addressed in the 'reply' which is clearly attempting to avoid provable criminal behaviour. But I think the important thing is that they've replied and so I have irrefutable evidence that they have received copies of ALL documentation I've sent them.

Mercers have no excuse either ... same company!

D