PRA PAPLOC - old Barclaycard debt

RodeMan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lots of Barclaycard debts sold to pra of recent. Quite a few in the Barclaycard forum 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

quick update PRA Group today sent me a letter saying they wish to speak with me to talk about a potential discount 🤣

Havent sent them CCA request yet.

also, after going through my paperwork B/C sent me a letter stating they would default me by June 3rd if i didnt call them to discuss paying minimum again and then defaulted me nearly 2 weeks prior to this deadline. Does that have any significance if up infront of a judge?

what do you mean by defaulted...

did they send a default notice giving 14 days notice before they could register a defaulted date in the debts summary line

or just d in the calander section that no-one bar you and them can see?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was sent a letter by BC saying that i wasnt making my contractual payments and that they were giving me until early June to contact them and start paying my minimum again or they will issue a default on my account.

They sent me a letter about 2 weeks before their self imposed deadline to contact them stating they were issuing the default regardless.

Just thought it was a bit premature to say one thing and then not honour their own terms.

so you've never received a letter entitled 

default notice issued under section 87 of the consumer credit act....

and they

• 1 month later...

PRA sent back my PO saying they dont charge along with something saying they dont have to send me details of their purchase and that they dont have to provide a copy of the original agreement with my signature but acknowledged it as unenforceable.

if they do provide the agreement, it has to have my signature and dated surely?

Not if they disclose a reconstituted version.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

the £1 is a legal fee, pra always send it back thinking it absolves them from not faking docs!!

Dx

and they

PRA Group have responded with a partial recon version and deemed unenforceable until they get the remaining (wasted time on their part in my opinion)

Where should I send it?

Just on the thread?

The actual agreement part is seriously tiny print I can barely read it so I hope it shows up on the scan.

yes here.

read upload

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

quick update. after PRA Group not providing suitable details in response to my CCA request they have now sent through 1 years worth of card statements from july 2020 to july 2021.

All details seem correct but their header letter to me says they have enclosed copy documents as requested.

To contact them within 14 days to speak to them to discuss a mutually acceptable agreement to settle the outstanding balance.

I find this a little strange as the CCA agreement requests the original agreement, statements would be part of starting the PAP route for legal. no letter of claim no mention this is now "enforceable"

could this just be the equivalent of attempting to look like they have me by the balls? without mentioning this being enforceable or sending me the original CCA details should I just look at this as a bluff?

I can scan up but are double sided and quite some paperwork. they have card number, original address and all looks correct.

they dont mean anything.

yours is not the next move.

its what dca's do, try and con people.

read a good few 10's of threads here.

dx

and they

we are all so powerful...not.

zero legal powers at all.

dx

• I agree 1

and they

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

today I received a Letter before claim from PRA Group who allegedly own the Barclaycard debt.

Please can someone advise my next steps.

Bare in mind I sent them a CCA request, they responded with a partial response whilst returning my PO advising this is unenforceable.

Months later I received a year statement of purchases and not the remaining CCA agreement. their covering letter made no mention of enforceability either and claimed to have enclosed information i requested.

Shall i respond to this as it isnt a letter of claim or is this just scare tactics?

If this is unenforceable still is there anyway I can make them aware I know this is all BS and to go for a long walk of a short pier?

if its a paploc with a reply pack wanting things like I&E then you must reply.

hit letter of claim

follow post 2, send a new cca too.

reason from your thread: despite previous requests, the claimant has failed to supply the necessary documentation to validate their claim

and they

not had people with that issue before?

repeat the cca request to the debt owner.  or attach it to your pap reply

dx

and they

I had a response today electronically with login details to a response giving me the same details on my cca agreement I had last time (unenforceable partial cca agreement, then a 2020/21 statement claiming they have sent the detail I requested)

I also received a reconstituted agreement from barclaycard that references my name and old address but as I can see no IP address or "e signature" 

They also claimed they don't have to send me deed of assignment redacted or otherwise unless the court asks. 

Il scan up and send across later today but I feel like I'm getting taken for a ride here

4 hours ago, RodeMan said:

I feel like I'm getting taken for a ride here

you are...:pound:

thats all DCA's in general can do...mislead people!

they have ZERO legal powers.

dx

and they

just to be clear.

Sending me part of a cca agreement deemed themselves unenforceable

to then send me a single year statement of accounts

to then state they have fulfilled their obligations to the request isnt going to stand in court?

Also, they have to respond with everything I have requested before they can proceed (or at least proceed with any chance of winning in court?)

By not doing this they at least they look as though they dont have anything court worthy to hold against me. 

a reconstituted agreement means no  alot?, no?

Sorry. Just need some clarification 

Edited by dx100uk
please don't swear

On 19/12/2023 at 13:34, RodeMan said:

they also claimed they don't have to send me the deed of assignment redacted or otherwise unless the court asks.

you didn't ask for the deed did you?

you asked for the notice of assignment.?

you wont an shouldn't ask for the deed we didnt say do that..?

as for a reconstructed agreement, that VERY much depends upon what is sent and who is the original creditor.

in particular barclaycard never provide signed online or otherwise to debt buyers, they never have from year dot.

you need to read a good few barclaycard claimform threads here to understand better for the future.

and they

thanks DX.

Shall i print out another response form for them? the original letter says I need to respond by the 8th of Jan. they have given me 30 days on hold but i dont believe this changes that date.

I will print out everything they have sent across to me in their response. I hope there is something glaringly obviously missing. I am still unconvinced the CCA response is complete as the only CCA agreement they sent across they deemed unenforceable from nearly a year ago and the year statement isnt part of it. the reconstituted version has me scratching my head.

They tell me they have fulfilled their obligation but I need the clarity.

also conscious if i were to offer a partial settlement offer this would be used against me also if it were to go to court as it would likely be seen as an admission of guilt.