Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Too right! I'm listening to a debate on 5Live as we speak. The OFT are going for full disclosure, although all cases may be well be on hold as a result. However the banks WILL LOSE. Yorkshire bank now impose a £2 charge. Also the banks are now getting together for the challenge and risk getting branded as acting as a CARTEL. OOOH! Bluudy hell thay are taking one hell of a risk. THat's EU law, if I'm correct They are going to hell in a hand basket when they lose. Automatic refunds everywhere, default notices ordered to be removed - the possibilities are endless.

Oh Well. THat's the ideal but because they are big and powerful, there will be some fudge. Once again the less well off subsidise the better well off and the less well off get even less well off as a result.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay heres a thought, if we cant reclaim our charges until a ruling has been made,, does the same apply to the banks applying charges, have they been told to stop charging until the ruling.....I bet they aint!!!!

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Wonder what they will do when asked for full disclosure ......... that will be interesting :)

they will get a toff to walk round and see how charge letters are produced and all the staff will be sweating because of all the labour thats involved.

Have claim in with Barclays and unfortunately it has been stayed and now delayed by the floods in Gloucester. Must admit I am now at the end of my tether with Barclays as they do not reply to any of my emails/letters and have just dragged their feet. Have the feeling that they stalled as they knew what was going on. Only way I can think of to atleast derive some satisfaction is to close down my 4 accounts and my families 4 accounts with the bank and move somewhere else. Can anyone recommend a fair (if there is such a thing) bank where I can take my money and business? Petty you guys don't have an online bank and we could all join and let the highstreet banks rot.

So what will happen to all the claims in the pipeline now do we think will they all be put on hold until a decision is made?

just heard on radio, all present claims on hold,dont know if that includes ones with court date.

I feel so very very sorry for everyone who was so near and now it seems are so very very far away.

I understand this had to happen but to just announce it in this way is just not fair.

The banks have known about this for some time.

It all becomes very clear now the delay in refunds and my friends experience with Bar clays the other day.

I went through the process with Lloyds, and that was stressful enough , but what about all the court bundles submitted and people relaying on there money soon,

The way Barclays litigation team have not been replying to calls and e mails, the storys I have read about, untruths told.

I think it is just not fair.

Market watchdog the Financial Services Authority (FSA) will allow banks to suspend dealing with any claims for repayment of overdraft charges filed against them until the test case has been decided.

However, the banks will still need to make a note of any claims lodged, and will have to honour offers to settle that were made before the test case and FSA waiver were announced.

Hi all

What a shock eh!!

My hubby got his court date yesterday morning (7th September) In the afternoon we learn that all claims are suspended until after the test case.

Obviously the courts have been aware of all this, it was probably instigated by them because they couldn't cope with all the cases. (someone probably vetoed all the overtime).

And now it explains why the banks have been delaying the claims. It all makes sense now.

I am sure that the case will go for the consumer, it has to as the implications are horrendous. Not only for those in the red, but those in the black as well.

Did anyone see Angela Knight on TV this morning. I shall hold my thoughts as I don't want to be had up for libel, etc.

maggiebroom :confused:

She was likened to that of an MP,, talking a lot but not saying anything.

which is quite apt really:

Knight was MP for Erewash from 1992 to 1997, when she lost the seat to Labour's Liz Blackman. She was Economic Secretary to the Treasury from 1995 to 1997.

i heard on the telly this morning that the outcome of the oft court case was only expected to be the end of next year !! so anyone with a court date might have to wait until then ? will the courts still be issuing court dates to people ? i cant believe i have got so far and then this happens sods law !!

linda

Can I just add, although it has now been plastered all over the forum, in case people missed it:

Do NOT stop your court actions.

If you have court directions, follow them. If you were about to file, file.

Why?

1) The claims in court are not systematically stayed. The banks may be stopping paying out outside of court, but a court action will take a judge's decision to stay to stop.

2) It will take time for a binding legal decision. If you wait until then, some charges will fall beyond the 6 years "limit", and most people are not prepared to argue SOLA 1980.

3) While your claim is ongoing, interest accrues. If you haven't filed, and the OFT wins, and the banks get ordered to systematically repay, the sums will not involve the 8%, as it is a COURTS decided benchmark.

I feel sorry for you too Linda as my hubby is in the same position. We have had this Barclays thing going since just before Xmas last year and now it doesn't look as though it will be sorted before Xmas this year.

We were sort of relying on this money coming through to help us out of a lot trouble.

Serves us right really as we should have known not to rely on anything with banks. (especially Barclays)

Lets hope it gets sorted soon.

maggiebroom :)

Just to end on a lighter note.

Now all the judges will not be hearing bank cases.

Does this mean they will all be having a holiday?

Maybe we will see them in the discos in Ibiza, tripping the light fantastic, getting drunk and being sick in the toilets?

Ibiza

Don't you mean the Seychelles or the Maldives Daaaaaarling

They will have to spend all that profit soon, because I am confident that the case will go in favour of the consumer, and they will have to return it all.