Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OneofaKind

Totally agree - But unless the Court asks for full disclosure, then its never going to happen. The best would be the banks saying, 'ops, our mistake!' and that will be the end of it. The OFT will take a drop in chrages as a success, the cout will have a case where they can say, we find partially in favour of the claimant - but will only in future award for £12 and above charges (and then only the difference) and the banks will claima small victory, as they have been able to keep doing what they do best for nearly a year, have been told they can charge, and will end up paying half of what they normally pay, less 8% and costs, as they will pay up quicker...but not that quicker!

The problem is, the FSA are now hiding under the OFT and the OFT are hiding under the FSA, between them, we don't have a hope in hell of getting what is right, just what the banks will settle for! Its turning into a bit of a Judgement of Solomon thing, The OFT/FSA and the Banks are holding the baby, but the OFT/FSA will be the first to let go when threatened...although I doubt a judge will be as wise a Solomon and award to the OFT for being nice!

ARGHHHH!!!!! If only we could all withdrawer all our money and set up a bank of CAG! lol

Peter

• Haha 1

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

just been looking at the Brennan and Natwest case,in toms case the barrister for Natwest argued that the case shoul not be dealt with under the Tort of breach of statutory duty as it was a breach of contract which had occured between the bank and tom brennan. how is it then that the banks in this test case which i understand Natwest is one, can plead that their charges are a fee for a service? i

I'm hoping that I get a settlement offer in my case - or at least still get it heard in court.

The Judge ordered the directions from this site (with the disclosure bits etc) and the case is allocated to the fast track with Barclays having to submit their statement of evidence a week before the 15th August.

I'm just hoping they still won't want to reveal their costs.

Soulfish- my case is set for 8th August, I'm very bothered like you must be that it is stayed and will effectively sit in limbo for may be a year or more. Yes of course the 8% will continue to accrue, but who knows what rulings will come into place during that length of time which may make all the hard work we have done redundant.

How confident do you feel ? and have you contacted B's yesterday.

I know a little about the court procedure- anybody got an imminent hearing date? If so what are you doing? My Court has had no directions as yet (fingers crossed)

My case is scheduled for the 12th October, however Barclays have til monday to file and serve witness statements and evidence they will rely upon at the hearing. if they fail and it looks like they will, i will be asking for their defence to be struck out as an abuse of the process and will ask for judgment. i think that too much is being read into the OFT case, we should all continue our claims until the judge directs otherwise.

regards

paul

Given that the Judge followed my request for directions, and given that I suspect Barclays won't be complying with it I'm fairly hopeful that I'll be able to get them to settle, or their defence thrown out!

the courts are clear that offers made before day must still stand. get your money, don't give up. look into entering judgement in your favour at the court (form on the court website Request for Judgement i think) and get the court to set a date by then they must pay. If they don't pay by that time fill a Request for Warrant of Execution and send in bailiffs to collect your money. hope this helps x

Me v NatWest £1.5k settled after Disc App

Jo v Barclaycard settled after Disc App

Jo v Cap 1 settled after Disc App

Jo v Abbey Disc App sent to court

Jo v Natwest cag3 let due

Nikkii v Barclays judgement in default against Barclays

Nikkii v B’card directions returned

Nikkii v Natwest settled

Laura v Lloyds – directions & aq sent

Luke v Lloyds – AQ & directions sent to court

Mark v Halifax – settled

Liam v A&L settled

Liam v Lloyds part settled - still going

Vanya v RBOS, CAG 3 let sent

Vanya v RBOS Awaiting statements

Vanya v Virgin issue on 30/03

Carl v Natwest settled

Dean v Barclays – disc app issued

Dean v B’card – disc app issued

Dean v Cap 1 – awaiting statements

(another 5 files that won't fit) busy me!

That's not as silly as it sounds. it would be an idea for us to approach the least tenacious of the banks (halifax in may experience, they pay up quickest) and offer them our business if they offer an account (with a small monthly fee to cover their admin) which guarantees no charges. everyone on this site has had a cash flow problem not a huge cash problem overall. the majority of us work and have a wage and the capacity to save (when we're not being shafted with charges). we'd be great customers ;)

• Haha 1

Me v NatWest £1.5k settled after Disc App

Jo v Barclaycard settled after Disc App

Jo v Cap 1 settled after Disc App

Jo v Abbey Disc App sent to court

Jo v Natwest cag3 let due

Nikkii v Barclays judgement in default against Barclays

Nikkii v B’card directions returned

Nikkii v Natwest settled

Laura v Lloyds – directions & aq sent

Luke v Lloyds – AQ & directions sent to court

Mark v Halifax – settled

Liam v A&L settled

Liam v Lloyds part settled - still going

Vanya v RBOS, CAG 3 let sent

Vanya v RBOS Awaiting statements

Vanya v Virgin issue on 30/03

Carl v Natwest settled

Dean v Barclays – disc app issued

Dean v B’card – disc app issued

Dean v Cap 1 – awaiting statements

(another 5 files that won't fit) busy me!

well im afraid i have to disagree- have tried all ways to contact lit team aside from turning up at offices.....and have heard a big fat nothing from them........going t court on wed 1st- just preparing my bundle now which has to be in before the day .........was hoping not to have t bother but seems like its going all the way.......probably to no avail after the latest OFT press release......totally fed up.

They will have a reason ...... the outcome of a high court case

if thats case i reckon royal mail will be busy next week letters from banks to courts.why take chance on losing when they can do that.

well im afraid i have to disagree- have tried all ways to contact lit team aside from turning up at offices.....and have heard a big fat nothing from them........going t court on wed 1st- just preparing my bundle now which has to be in before the day .........was hoping not to have t bother but seems like its going all the way.......probably to no avail after the latest OFT press release......totally fed up.

Bery AND EVERYONE ELSE.

I realise it seems futile to continue but until you are directed by a judge please take it as business as usual.

If you quit now you will DEFINATELY lose out.

if you continue you MAY lose out but then again you MAY still WIN.

COME ON PEOPLE YOU ARE A LOT STRONGER THAN THIS,

I was pst off too this morning but hey if we dont continue they win automatically is that what you want.

Also, until further notice the Litigation Team are not open to negotiations.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Just emailed to FOS:

You will see from the date of this original email that quite some time has passed since you contacted me.

I duly replied and heard nothing.

now with yesterdays ruling that the banks are allowed to sit back and relax while all claims are suspended my complaint to you obviously fell on deaf ears, so what is the point of your position, you obviously do not back consumers up like you claim to.

The ruling that consumers can not make claims relating to unlawful charges is unfair in the way that the same ruling has NOT been applied to the very banks who are applying them..

Why have they NOT been instructed to suspend all unlawful charges until proved otherwise.

once again it seems the consumer bears the brunt of the high street giants and are backed by those who are supposed to govern them.

Why not prove us wrong and actually back the right side for once.

Regards

it may not be worded perfectly but i have never claimed to be an english teacher ....if there are any typo's....i dont really care...LOL

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET.

Anyone any idea which bank is the "fairest", as I want out of Barclays and want to take mine and all my familly's money with me. I am days away from court and given the ruling then fear that it will be years if/when I get the money they nicked off me (and continue to do). Presume that I can claim moneys back even if I closed the account?

My simple brain tells me that if enough people walk to a single point (fair bank) then the highstreet robbers may get a double sting - loss of customers and the prospect of eventually having to pay those that no longer bank with them (how sweet would that be:D ).

Seems that people move when it comes to power companies and they have turned into cut throat operators - might this happen with the banks?

We might not all have millions - but take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves (or that is what my Mum always said).

Nah...... theyre all the same :(

If I didnt know any better I would say it was like a cartel !! each one scratching each others back........ I'm sorry to sound so negative, but "the old boys network" is alive and well

rgds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

I have a court date next week! Do you think it is worth calling the litigation department and if so what do I say to them!!

hi anne marie, what day are you in court and where? im in same boat, have tried lit team, not replying, likely they knew something was afoot and closed the doors , metaphorically speaking! so loo ks like we are in court....good luck!

Well guys as unbelievable as this may sound to some of you. we got settlement from Greg agreed on Tuesday, we sent the stuff back and demanded a cheque on Wednesday, this morning in the post a cheque for the full amount (written on a Woolwich cheque).

What can I say, we seem tio have been so lucky just got it in on time and they settled with a cheque within 2 days.

I'm sorry for all of you who are still waiting and wish you luck, but for us it was simple Greg 10 out of 10, did everything he promised and more:) :) :) :grin: :grin: :grin:

This one to the OFT:

In connection with the recent ruling allowing banks to stop processing complaints in connection with consumers reclaiming unlawful charges.

This ruling has put a stop to all claims from consumers attempting to get back charges applied to their accounts by not one but all banks throughout the UK.

Now can you advise to why the banks HAVE NOT been told to STOP charging consumers the very same charges that are in dispute in this ruling.

If the Claimant is to stop all action then so should the Defendant.

i look forward to your reply.

I have just emailed the Litigation Team attempting to get an answer to if they have suspended all negotiations with the enemy...

will repost if any reply comes back.

hi Darren - which person did you email- i havent got an allocated member, so just did it randomly to someone on team and got no reply- this was before all the hoohaa

Yes Barclays have clammed up. It appears we are all in the same boat ie without the paddle of experiences shared to steer along our individual paths.. no one has been here and so we're all p**sed off.

I had Mr Quinn promising an email from Monday onwards, my court date is 8th august but I am away from tomorrow,emma thompson re-iterated Quinns promise when it was only her who would pick up the phone.

I'm gutted!!!!!!!!!! So I rang customer relations who have honoured my initial settlement figure (SORRY DAR£IN TO CONTRADICT YOU WHEN YOU SAID " They will NOT honour their offer if you intend to continue! in a nother thread) because they have (it was for 1495 against a claim of 1605). I lose interest and £120 court costs but i am confident of claiming that back from MCOL.

I have also rung the court who have no directions to halt existing hearings, Barc lays have not filed bundle and I have so i will cancel previous settlement on Tuesday after weighing up court update with the 1495 to fall back on...think everyone and weigh it up based on your own circs.

im still in the running and lets face it who even thought about 8 or 37% interest, we just wanted the dosh back....ps DAR£in no offence mate your contributions have been inspirational but we would all do well to not get carried away with the tide if success on here previously and think of ourselves..and I should know I ve been victim of the cant lose school of thought myself!