Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is not directed at you dave but holding someone to ransome, even B's is not a good idea, if you have received (or are going to) all you have been charged then that should be the end of it.

At the moment the consumers have the law & the moral high ground, if we start acting as badly as the banks have then it could change.

Just my honest opinion.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had already guessed that :)

Do you think i can squeeze a bit more out of them to comply with their request :)

Dave

Dave I would consider wasted time costs Which I got from Barcs, ask the judge to consider WTCs when you send the court a letter of settlement.

Ring the court up a few days later and see what the judge has commented. I had to go to the mercantile court to argue my case for WTCs Barc didnt turn up mind.... ( examples of them wasting your time, breaking deadlines, oh and the wasting of valuable court time.

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Dave I would consider wasted time costs Which I got from Barcs, ask the judge to consider WTCs when you send the court a letter of settlement.

Ring the court up a few days later and see what the judge has commented. I had to go to the mercantile court to argue my case for WTCs Barc didnt turn up mind.... ( examples of them wasting your time, breaking deadlines, oh and the wasting of valuable court time.

Already in my letter :)

thanks

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Ok, this isn't strictly a Lit team Q, but I have a Q I need some help on, and this seems the best place to ask it. I have a thought about letting BCard take me to court in this post and would like some feedback on it.

Basically it's a an opposite way of getting to the end, but without goig through the initial stages.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

COME ON WITHOUT, COME ONE WITHIN, YOU'LL NOT SEE NOTHING LIKE THE MIGHTY QUINN!

Apologies to anyone who doesn't remember these lyrics from a Mannfred Mann song in the late 1960s! (P.s. I'm not that old I just have a much bigger sister!)

Deposited funds in my account 1 week before hand - I do not believe this and will check again tomorrow. There is a warning attached though He offerd me less than was due through the old 3 card trick, suggesting interst and court costs were added when they were not. I will need to check the exact level of deposit because I scribbled it out along with the confidentiality clause when I faxed it back. The cheeky monkey surely cannot claw back my interest just because he's settled at the 11th hour can he? PS i am not claiming victory just yet. I want wasted costs and my interest if it hasn't been included. Will check tomorrow. Think I'll let him sweat for his discontinuation notice! It can be at the 11th hour as well - but I'm still going to court to get wasted costs unless adviced from this site suggests otherwise! PPS I won't take any advice from barclays lurkers. Responses good folk?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Congrats on getting (some) of your cash, don't settle untill your claim has been dealt with to your satisfaction.

I've resigned myself to going to court due to the holidays, but am fully prepared for it anyway.

To the others out there don't let them get you down or wind you up.

Andrew

Dead Right Kopstar. Don't believe a word that comes out of their corporate mouths. The default position should be that it's all BS until you KNOW otherwise.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I've been reading through this thread with interest having received a court date for a directions hearing in august.

Following several peoples advice on MSE I called 0207 116 1943 hoping to speak to the litigation dept and fingers crossed to get a settlement.

It appears that this number is NOT being answered.

I then tried 0207 116 4753 (krysta) - this goes to voice mail and informs you that she can only speak to people that she is dealing with.

Any other numbers? Or should I just concentrate on my court pack?

Thanks!

Yes, I did

it seems that they are not even talking or responding to e-mails unless your actual court date is between 1 and 2 weeks away, so I wouldn't expect any resonse for a while yet......

frustrating i know..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

My case is two weeks away and I have been offered a settlement way below what i was asking for on the basis they will not pay the c.i. interest of 27.5%, i know a lot of cases have won with c.i. what do you think my next step should be as i dont want to lose my interest as it is a lot more than my charges any ideas? cheers

im no expert as i've not got my settlement yet, in my (dubious) opinion unless you have dotted every i etc... and you are sure that they or the judge can't get you on any technicallity, then continue to push, however, I'm a bit of a coward, and i just want the money owed to me as quickly as possible, so i used the calculator for simple interest of 8%

if it goes to court it could still be weeks before you get any money, for a variety of reasons......

i'm rooting for ya anyway....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

KinkyJohn,

Further to my PM to you, have a look here as an example - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/104103-adding-interest-contractual-not.html.

There are others but, if you want advice, post on a thread in the Barclays Forum.

Hope this helps, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Not That I've Dealt With Sharon (i've Had The Infamous Pq Who Was As Slippery As A Rattlesnake + Just About As Rude!) Hats Off To Sharon!!! She's Getting Some Top Postings. Pity Barclays Will Fire Her For Being Too Popular Amongst Litigants. Or Maybe They Could Promote Her? And Rebuild Their Rapidly Declining Reputation.mmm. Just A Thought.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi Guys,

Presented Court Bundle today in Torquay County Court.

14 days from Court date 1st August.

I e-mailed Dino at the beginning of July to ask if he could tell me who was dealing with my case, he responded same day and said it was him.

I e-mailed a couple of days later and said i understood that it was a relativly low amount and would be beneficial to both parties to arrange settlement prior to going to trial. ( HAD NO RESPONSE)

E-mailed again yesterday to ask if he had a direct address to send bundle to to save time, i got an out of office reply saying he was away till 23rd July, but to contact his colleague Greg Thomas.

I did just that and still have NO REPLY!!

I have their copy of the bundle waiting here, what is the best address to send it to?

I guess i'm on my way to court as well now, should be fun.. has anyone made it into court with (or without them)?

Any advice would be great as i no longer have any nails and me bones are looking mighty tasty!!

Cheers M

x

:D B & Q Store Card *Settled* - £365 (912 AUD)

:D First Direct 1 *Settled* - £1089 (2722 AUD)

:D First Direct 2 *Settled* - £469 (1172 AUD)

:D Goldfish *Settled* - £372 (930 AUD)

:D Barclays *Settled* - £903 (2257 AUD)