Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide..

dar£n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My first post on here, being going through the system for several months now. Received only today a General Form of Judgement or Order, for a hearing on 30th July 2007, when I am away.

I am surprised by the short notice, I've submitted all the correct forms as I've been asked, that just leaves the court bundle I guess. So my questions are;-

1. Do I need to attend?

2. Can I send the Court bundle before the date?

3. Can I or do I want to get the hearing adjourned

I've e-mailed 3 of the dudes at Litigation, in the hope I can find out who is representing them and whether it will be settled before hand. is there much more I can do? Hope to hear from someone.:confused:

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what type of hearing is it and what directions have you been given ?

It just says that District Judge Cooke upon reading the court file IT IS ORDERED THAT The case is allocated to the small claims track and listed for trial on 30th July. Later it says there are a number listed for the same day

so it doesnt say claimant must submit a)b)... xx days before

defendant must ....

1. Do I need to attend?

1 yes

2 yes

3 you can try to get it adjourned due to being away

Hi all,

has anyone had any dealings with Sharon Daboul, she does reply to emails but I never feel there's any information given. Does anyone have any ideas how close to the court date she leaves things to and is she likely to settle?

Thanks for any advice given.

It just says that District Judge Cooke upon reading the court file IT IS ORDERED THAT The case is allocated to the small claims track and listed for trial on 30th July. Later it says there are a number listed for the same day

Are you in Birmingham or west midlands area?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi all,

I have just received a notice of hearing in relation to the two claims I have against Barclays, scheduled for 02/10. I appreciate this is some time off but would you suggest I contact Barclays nearer the time or does it have to be an actual court date before they will act?

Hi john 1422,

I had the same letter through with a hearing on the same date, with the same judge, in the same court.

It does state in the letter that you have to send all documents off at least 21 days before the hearing date but obviously this is impossible, I called them and they said this was fine and just send them in as soon as poss, I suggest you do the same. I also called barclays on fri and they said they would call me back next week with the intention of settling in full so you might want to give that a go.

Guess I'll see you in court next week if they dont settle with us. (but I doubt that will happen).

Barclays Bank - WON :-D

Virgin - Sent N1 form

Lloyds TSB - waiting for court case to end

Egg - WON :grin:

Barclaycard - statements sent for

Halifax - statements sent for

Yes I am Birmingham based

Make sure you have everything prepared AND everything clear in your head IF you have to go to court, this is one of the judges who threw a claim out saying it was unjustified.

Hi all,

I have just received a notice of hearing in relation to the two claims I have against Barclays, scheduled for 02/10. I appreciate this is some time off but would you suggest I contact Barclays nearer the time or does it have to be an actual court date before they will act?

They probably wont even acknowledge you yet

Hi john 1422,

I had the same letter through with a hearing on the same date, with the same judge, in the same court.

It does state in the letter that you have to send all documents off at least 21 days before the hearing date but obviously this is impossible, I called them and they said this was fine and just send them in as soon as poss, I suggest you do the same. I also called barclays on fri and they said they would call me back next week with the intention of settling in full so you might want to give that a go.

Guess I'll see you in court next week if they dont settle with us. (but I doubt that will happen).

Make sure you read my reply to john

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments thus far, dar£n thanks for the warning I suspected as much. Fitzos hope not to see you. I'm just thinking of the waste of paper if I have to print out the pack. Do I need to understand it all too?

I had dealings with PQ. I couldn't get him to answer my phone messages at all. In the end I had to go via one of his collegaues (Sharon - who was very good) to get messages to him. After some confusion between my case and that of another with the same name as mine (although obviously a different claim number) we did get there and I was offered a full settlement a day before before going to court. My advice when dealing with him is to hassle and keep on.

BTW - I saw some posts suggesting that people were hoping that the BLT would start suffering from stress. Having suffered stress myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, at the end of the day, they're only doing their jobs.

1. Do I need to attend?

Hi John1422, I also have the same problem being away on the court date, I have just spoken to the court & they said that a few people have been on holiday & there is no problem with them not being there, they have still won the case. Obviously you have to get your bundle to the court & defendent with a letter saying that you will not be attending.

While on the phone to the lady she did say that it looks as if the tables may be turning, and the banks are looking for ways to not pay up, she said by christmas it may be a different story, so i guess to not delay the date would be a good idea!

Just an update.

No surprise that I still have not received my settlement even though PQ assured me that the money would be in my account by Friday.

Anyway, the week extension is up on Wednesday, I have just called Lit team and spoke to Greg Thomas (did call Dino's number), he was extremely friendly and has said that I should check my account regularly and that he will put a note on file about court date and urgency of settlement. I won't hold my breath just yet, I just hope that I do not have to go back to court.

I will no doubt be back here asking for help on Wednesday morning when my money doesn't appear.

Good luck to all in same boat,

babyjaine:rolleyes:

Hi John1422, I also have the same problem being away on the court date, I have just spoken to the court & they said that a few people have been on holiday & there is no problem with them not being there, they have still won the case. Obviously you have to get your bundle to the court & defendent with a letter saying that you will not be attending.

While on the phone to the lady she did say that it looks as if the tables may be turning, and the banks are looking for ways to not pay up, she said by christmas it may be a different story, so i guess to not delay the date would be a good idea!

All good advice - although bare in mind what Dar£n said about this judge already bumping at least one case off. Barclays may just decide to turn up for this one! (and if they do you'd want to be there to state your case.)

The important thing now is that you COLLATE AND SEND IN your court bundle, start ringing and harrasing the Lit team, and remember to keep sending them an up to date SOC whenever possible.

Stay at the top of their page, and hopefully you won't need to go to court. If you get ANY emails from Barclatys Lit team saying they are ready to pay up just waiting for confirmation, SAVE IT, PRINT IT, and ADD IT TO YOUR BUNDLE. I am currently using a similar email from Dino in my claim for wasted costs. These emails are NOT without prejudice, so can be used - be sure you get the date and time printed with it as well.

If you're feeling extremely brave, you could try sending anything liek that in before the bundle, to show the judge that the bank have been wasting both yours and his time.

Also, make sure you have a copy of the terms and conditions from the year you opened your account. This seems to be the new thing - the burden of proof is on you for this.

In terms of delaying - I wouldn't. I was also on holiday when my court date was due - I just didn't tell anyone, and Barclays paid up the week before the court date - phew! It's a risky business, but someones got to do it!!!! I just phoned the court (from abroad) and said that Barclays were settling out of court - they asked me to send a letter, which I did (I already had it printed and in an envelope - I got my bro to post it for me!)

Hope some of this helps?

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

dear fitzos

i had the same line spun from tom hickey about 2 months ago, told me he would settle beginning july.....still waiting !

latest correspondence he gave me the impression that i'm probably not going to see anything soon. the court date is 2 weeks away.

i do think that i am going to have to appear at court (fine by me, not scared)

i checked and they have not sent a bundle to the court (surprise), and i am going to add some last minute things to mine before the date, i'm not leaving this to chance after 6 months of waiting

the LIT TEAM do seem nice and helpful, but i do feel like they are spinning everyone along at the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

hey andyman

Im not suprised thay drag it to the very end, obviously hoping we'll get scared by the impending court date. My court date is in two weeks aswell, Id put money on the fact we get a phone call very soon. sending off my bundle tomo morn. the only thing I dont have that I wish I did is the T&C's for my account, but noone seems to have them for 1997.

Good luck andyman, I'll be following your case to see how you go

Barclays Bank - WON :-D

Virgin - Sent N1 form

Lloyds TSB - waiting for court case to end

Egg - WON :grin:

Barclaycard - statements sent for

Halifax - statements sent for

thanks fitzos

i finished up all my stuff today, t &c's, updated statement of evidence, updated schedule of charges etc. to add to my court bundle which is already at court.

i think you have to be prepared to take this all the way

i think everyone has the feeling that sometime soon the banks will start turning up at court or something, so we can't afford to be un-prepared for when that happens

keep the faith ! :D

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

just as an update, i had some further correspndence with Tom Hickey today, don't want to say anything yet, but will let you know over next couple of days..............:cool:

Just had a default judgement against barclays and tom Hickey appears to be dealing with it.

They want me to agree to a set aside and sign a few forms ...hmmmm

Should I sign?...or ask them for some further recompense as compensation :)

they are willing to pay the default judgement (its only £200 ) if they go for a set aside it will cost them a further £65 then If I have to attend I'll ask for a wasted costs order as well....

what do you guys think?

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

They will want you to set aside so they dont get a ccj against them :)

I had already guessed that :)

Do you think i can squeeze a bit more out of them to comply with their request :)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D