• Tweets

• I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PT2537's CCA request against Littlewoods

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did someone mention pudding.............please dont tease the pregnant lady.

Good POC. Must invest in a dictionary to understand some of what you have put but l understand you are saying they have broke the CCA, the DPA and OFT guidelines on debt recovery and as a result you want the to leave you alone.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

did someone mention pudding.............please dont tease the pregnant lady.

Good POC. Must invest in a dictionary to understand some of what you have put but l understand you are saying they have broke the CCA, the Data Protection Act and OFT guidelines on debt recovery and as a result you want the to leave you alone.

Chrissi

Thanks Chrissi

if you want a good dictionary then Mozley & Whitley's Law dictionary 12th Edition by butterworths is excellent for legal definitions

i have a copy here at home with me, along with the 500+ other books which make up my law library at home

youve got the concept of what im claiming and hopefully they will resolve this without the need for court but you never know.

Do you have 500+ doors that may need to be kept open?:D

Yeah l get the basic concept.

They are currently ignoring me. see my thread for further details.

Chrissi

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Subscribing with great interest... best of luck with this, i hope this sends a warning to all those who think they can flout the regulations .

BTONBADGER vs

HSBC Current Account - Settled £400 and closed acccount.

Egg Loan - Settled £106.32

Nat West Current Account - full resolution thanks to BCOB's. Refund of £5k unfair charges and interest plus £80 compensation.

Hi Paul.

After many failed attempts in the past, tonight, i have finally managed to read through the whole of your thread. It's a fantastic thread and full of good info for others (including myself!) :p

Looking forward to the outcome.

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Have you heard anything yeat Paul?

Cheers Hopeful,

i have been contacted by the FOS, apparently they never received my complaint form? and they want me to re instate the complaint.

FWIW i am gonna, merely cause then if i goto court, the judge will see that i have exhausted all options before taking legal action

i doubt the FOS will do anything but lets see what happens

Regards

paul

Cheers Hopeful,

i have been contacted by the FOS, apparently they never received my complaint form? and they want me to re instate the complaint.

FWIW i am gonna, merely cause then if i goto court, the judge will see that i have exhausted all options before taking legal action

i doubt the FOS will do anything but lets see what happens

Regards

paul

How annoying! My tack will also be to complain to all about my catalogues. I have previously spoken to FOS and it did not seem they would be able to help. As you say though, making the complaint shows to the court that you have exhausted every avenue.

they never recieved your complaint, i think they mean they have binned it accidenlty of course.

Any way let us know how it goes.

Chrissi

well, i know they received it, because i had a letter from littlewoods saying that due to my complaint to the FOS they have carried out an investigation

so it has left me somewhat confused.

still im sure that nowt will happen and it will just hold up my issuing the claim by a couple of weeks. i have all the time in the world so im not really bothered waiting an extra few weeks

Regards

paul

Morning Paul :D

Nice Poc's!

I recieved a letter from the FOS on Monday regarding Littlewoods to say they have recieved my complaint and are investigating but that in some cases it can take between six and nine months:eek:

So I hope you're prepared for the wait lol

Rather strangely though I had a phone call from a lady at Littlewoods the same day ( they have ignored all my letters for almost two years now apart from the usual NDR,Moorcroft.etc and notes on my credit file ) so it came as somewhat of a shock when she said she would be thoroughly investigating the matter and it would take approximately 8 weeks.

Hmmmm I don't hold my breath but we'll see - I hope your response from the FOS will be much more speedy.

At the end of the day we all want the same thing and that's to be treated fairly and within the law:)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

good point Caz. Being treated fairly goes a long way.

Paul

If that has made you confused then they have defently confuse me. As we all know thought that is not very difficult for me tho.

Chrissi

Awwww Chrissi I didn't know you was expecting - I hope everything goes well :D

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Dear Mr PT2537

RE: Consumer Credit Act 1974

Thank you for you letter, dated 17th January 2008, and your email, dated 4th February, which have been passed to me to respond on behalf of Littlewoods Finance Company Limited (LFCo) and Shop Direct Financial Services Limited (SDFS).

Both companies recognise that there were failures in the processing of your section 77/78 (Consumer Credit Act) requests. Please accept my apologies for this. In response to these failures, the internal process for dealing with such requests has been reviewed in consultation with Liverpool Trading Standards.

Our interpretation of the wording in sections 77 and 78 is that the legal requirement to supply a copy of an executed agreement does not exist if there is not an executed agreement in existence. The fact that we cannot locate specific executed credit agreements for you would lead us to conclude that those agreements were not executed in the first instance. This conclusion would appear to be consistent with your own view.

Clearly, if these credit agreements were never executed then they will be unenforceable. However, in accordance with general contract principles unenforceable contracts are valid in all respects except that a party, in this case the debtor (you), cannot be sued on the contract by the creditor.

Regarding your credit reference file, as part of the Office of Fair Trading’s call for responsibility in lending, we and a number of other credit providers have agreed to pool certain types of information about customers’ conduct of their accounts. This information may be taken into consideration by other credit providers when they assess an application for credit. When you commenced trading with LFCo and SDFS, you will have been presented with a notice setting out how we use and disclose information relating to you and the manner in which your account is conducted. This information can be found in the back of our catalogues and also on our website help pages.

Any declaration under section 142 of the Consumer Credit Act could only declare that a particular credit agreement was unenforceable and it is already accepted by us that three of your agreements are unenforceable. A section 142 declaration would have no influence on the right of LFCo and SDFS to continue to provide the credit reference agencies with a record of how you have conducted your account. Of course, if you dispute the accuracy of your credit reference file, please provide me with details of any errors, together with any documentary evidence you have to support your claim, and I will have the matter investigated.

Yours Sincerely,

Well

i have had a reply from my friends at Littlewoods

ok breaking it down, ive got what i wanted, they have confirmed in writing well will have when i get the letter in hard copy, that they do not have an enforceable agreement

so that kinda blows the 142 arguement out of the water.

so i now have to take the issue to the ICO by the seems of it and look at the data protection issues.

what a pain,

still i need to research the legal position as we stand now with this new development

oh well.

regards

paul

hmmmm basically we hold no agreement with you but we'll do what we like with your details ( even though you haven't agreed ):mad:

Good old Littlewoods it's a shame about the section 142 I was getting excited about that!

Best of luck with your digging.

Well

i have had a reply from my friends at Littlewoods

. When you commenced trading with LFCo and SDFS, you will have been presented with a notice setting out how we use and disclose information relating to you and the manner in which your account is conducted.

No I wasn't presented with any notices unless you can prove otherwise

• 1 month later...

keep up the fight:), I am in a similar position with littlewoods i.e no credit agreement but being hassled with letters from DCA's and a default on my credit record.

I have finished my law degree and like you are considering studying consumer law as a side interest. I have had some time out from this forum and am trying to get back into it all again, alot of the advice has changed on here regarding CCA's and it is hard to keep up.

Sandy

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Hi Pt as you know I am going the FOS route with Littlewoods to get two defaults removed from my wifes CRA files, result so far the default applied by Legal Direct Recs, credit control manager, Littlewoods finance has just disapeared from the CRA files now only the one record and default. Will update you with any further due to FOS investigation.

dpick:)

Hi Pt as you know I am going the FOS route with Littlewoods to get two defaults removed from my wifes CRA files, result so far the default applied by Legal Direct Recs, credit control manager, Littlewoods finance has just disapeared from the CRA files now only the one record and default. Will update you with any further due to FOS investigation.

dpick:)

Good stuff Dpick :)

Looking forward to the next installment, Paul.

To be honest though, i don't how you find time to deal with your own issues with all the defences / advice / info you're giving to so many others, including me (thanks to HFC :o ) :p