Please Post How Far Back You Have Managed To Obtain Statements

Guest bong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can bankfodder shed any light on this?

what was his source that Abbey keep records back to the 1920s?

did Abbey state when the records were destroyed do we know Lula?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am currently chasing HBOS for an old Bank of Scotland joint a/c which they are denying all knowledge of. Has anyone managed to get statements from a dormant account or one which was closed over/around 6yrs ago?

SM:razz:

would either of you have had a salary paid into this account? employers' records of your account number perhaps?

can bankfodder shed any light on this?

what was his source that Abbey keep records back to the 1920s?

did Abbey state when the records were destroyed do we know Lula?

BF has an affidavit signed by someone who states that when they worked there that records were held back to 1926

Someone else on the Abbey forum received statements back to something like 1996 only late last year

I have constantly said that Abbey should be providing people with Certificates of Destruction/Deletion as a requisite of the SAR.

Someone with a contact at the Information Commissioners Office is going to check where we stand on this.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Just had a letter from the Northern Bank in response to my SAR.

They are claiming that they dont have to comply, under the "disproportionate effort" exclusion.

They claim account closed 1995, though I have no recollection of asking for the account to be closed.

They also make the observation that I may wish to use the data requested in a legal action to reclaim charges.

They also say that in this event, they will hide behind the Statute Barred defence should I make claim against them.

The War goes on.

BF has an affidavit signed by someone who states that when they worked there that records were held back to 1926

Someone else on the Abbey forum received statements back to something like 1996 only late last year

I have constantly said that Abbey should be providing people with Certificates of Destruction/Deletion as a requisite of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

Someone with a contact at the Information Commissioners Office is going to check where we stand on this.

It would be an odd time indeed for a change of data retention policy!!! this would appear to bear the hallmarks of a deliberate ploy to obstruct claims. I wonder if the ICO have the powers to demand to see minutes of board meetings etc.

I feel in this case it would justify estimated claims being put in, since Abbey did this at a time when they were aware of their liability to give refunds to customers. Would anyone else agree?

I feel in this case it would justify estimated claims being put in, since Abbey did this at a time when they were aware of their liability to give refunds to customers. Would anyone else agree?

Sadly not. The Data Controller can determine the company policy for data retention and change it as they see fit. NOtwithstanidng other reasons for them to hold data, the DPa doesnt provide any guidance as to how long they have to hold data and places the choice in the hands of the data controller.

However, if you were to ask for data and it was destoryed outside of the company policy then its possible that would be breach and could give the subject a right to sue not sure which part of the DPA this would be though off the top of my head.

An estimated claim would in these cirscumstances be a reasonable respose, however, i would sue under the DPA sec 7 for failure to comy and use the estimate as a claim for damages under Sec 13 i think it is.

This is efectivley what i will be doing to GE moeny they lost some data and therefore i will estimate a claim and sue them under the DPA.

HTH

PS sorry if im peeing on the camp fire, make sure you dont stand in the smoke.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Bong,

Having been able to get some old account No's over the counter at my old HSBC branch(These date back to pre 1999) I am about to send the following S.A.R. What do you (and anyone else) think. Anything more I need add or leave out. Sorry to highjack your thread a bit, but there is not a lot of info. about HSBC yet. I have floated it on my own HSBC tread and would like to throw it open for everyone.

HSBC Bank Plc

Service Quality Team

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

30th April 2007

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBERs:

MIDLAND VECTOR ******** **-**-** Mr and Mrs lex

ADDRESS

MIDLAND CARD SERVICES **** **** **** **** Mr lex

MIDLAND CARD SERVICES **** **** **** **** Mr lex

HSBC Bank Plc ACCOUNT ******** Mr lex

Longwaydown

Cornwall

And any other accounts I have held or I have held with my late wife Mrs M Lex with HSBC Bank Plc and The Midland Bank between November 1974 and Jan.1999 while residing at ether

Welsh Address

Or my Devon Address above

I require you to address the following :-

1. Please supply me with a complete list of accounts,transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organization. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable. I also require a signed copy's of the CCA 1974 act on each and every one of my credit card accounts.

2. Please note that I require ALL information on ALL of the accounts that I have held with you whether this be in the form of statements, fiche or other recording method. Also any data that has been archived into any archival system used by your company, including outside companies.

3. Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

4. If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

5. I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply fully with my request. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them.

6. I also require certificate’s of proof, signed by your Data Controller, if any of my account/s history has been destroyed for what ever reason. I require the name of your Data Controller for any future correspondence

7. If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally used in the past to communicate my private business to me and which you had hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from any local branch.

Yours faithfully,

Lex

Thanks in advance

Alex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi,

I'm with Nationwide and have this morning done a internet search, it would appear [read here: Software on steroids | Information Age] that Nationwide had a microfiche system, and when they switched over to a electronic one during 1998/2001 they put 2 years data on the system - I strongly suspect said data still exists as it might also hold pension/tax details as well.

Anyone care to comment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-775995.html

Bong

Have you seen this thread?

Particularly the post I have put here.

It appears that the Bank declared that the information requested had been "destroyed" or "wiped". They declared as much to the Claimant, the Court, and the Information Commisioners Office.

The Claimant has now got the Police involved..... and lo and behold the Information has now miraculously been "found" !!

This means they could posssibly have been lying to the Claimant, the Courts and The Information Commisioners Office !!!

This is going to be VERY interesting !!!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

No worries. Thanks Dr Hunter - have updated the summary

Abbey - 1926 -80 odd years!

A&L -

Barclays - 12 years

Barclaycard -

Clydesdale (per debt_mountain's thread) - 1996 - 11 years (account opening)

Co-op -

Co-op credit card (per Glenn's thread) - 1997 - 10 years

HBOS:

Bank of Scotland - 10 years

Halifax - 1991 - 16 years

HSBC -

Lloyds TSB -

NatWest - 1992 - 15 years

Nationwide -

Northern Rock - 1995 - 12 years

RBS - 15 years

Yorkshire - 7 years (possibly 10)

Hi Bong...Ginges here, sorry to drop in like this but I got 5.5years worth of statements a few weeks ago and wrote request the rest all the way back to September 1995 only to get more to March 1997.

I know its their game of slow coach and ignorant so I've threatened them with FSA and OFT to try and push them along abit.

If you read my thread you'll get a more indepth story...

Hi Bong...Ginges here, sorry to drop in like this but I got 5.5years worth of statements a few weeks ago and wrote request the rest all the way back to September 1995 only to get more to March 1997.

I know its their game of slow coach and ignorant so I've threatened them with FSA and OFT to try and push them along abit.

If you read my thread you'll get a more indepth story...

Who was this with?

Whats your thread title?

Like HBoS !!!!!!!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Co-op and Smile sent me since account opening (about 3 years) for current accounts and credit card

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Now here's an interesting observation.

Under my SAR, from Lloyds I also requested copies of some correspondance on my account.

Recieved samples of them today.

Okay, here's the interesting bit.

The copies of letters go back to June 1999.

Now, surely if they have copies of such letters, then surely they must ALSO have copies of the statements on the accounts that these relate to ?

It would serve no purpose otherwise to retain copies of letters, if there was no corresponding statements of account to clarify and back them up?

So, it is a logical presumption to make that Lloyds keep statements etc back to at least June 1999.

I have also requested statements and info on another account going back to 1993. I have already been informed that this should be possible, and I should recieve these within a few days. I'll keep you posted.

Photoman

I am having trouble with Lloyds - just been speaking to some guy in customer services who is assuring me that they only hold data going back six years! I don't believe him!

He has said he would call my branch to get them to call me and possibly put that in writing, but no call so far.

I can't get through to the copy statement unit

Any advice appreciated

Nationwide. I have been told yesterday and today that they can give me back to when the account was opened in 1991 and 1993! not actually had them yet but apparently the request has been sent internally to the Northampton address to their achives. will keep you posted.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT