DebtManager/Call Serve LTD - barclaycard

Phonesurgeon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent a CCA to this lovely bunch of daffodills:rolleyes: recorded and that, re a barclaycard account that keep bouncing from DCA to DCA.:o

This morning a letter with a lot of tick boxes::???:

"We are no longer instructed on this account. Please referto our client directly":???:

This arrived after they threaten me with court actions.:mad:

I will fire a SAR to barclaycard first thing on monday and TAKE THE BARCLAYBULLY BY THE HORN.:-D

Sent a CCA to this lovely bunch of daffodills:rolleyes: recorded and that, re a barclaycard account that keep bouncing from DCA to DCA.:o

This morning a letter with a lot of tick boxes::???:

"We are no longer instructed on this account. Please referto our client directly":???:

This arrived after they threaten me with court actions.:mad:

I will fire a SAR to barclaycard first thing on monday and TAKE THE BARCLAYBULLY BY THE HORN.:-D

Ahhh, the power of the CCA!

Just hate every DCA out there

When it all happened this morning i felt like

KING ARTHUR WIELDING EXCALIBUR:-D

I had cca'd a DCA a few weeks back- A week or so later I got two letters from them on same day. 1st one i opened was a LBA :o the 2nd one i opened was, 'Re your requests, we have closed our file on this debt' :grin:

• Haha 1

Moorcroft or Debitas by any chance?:D

No cooment on their content, this is the 4th DCA barclays has passed the debt to.

By my reckoning i wouldn't think even barclaycard has got a copy of the executed agreement, just a thought though.:D :D :D

Moorcroft or Debitas by any chance?:D

No cooment on their content, this is the 4th DCA barclays has passed the debt to.

By my reckoning i wouldn't think even barclaycard has got a copy of the executed agreement, just a thought though.:D :D :D

No harm in CCA'ing Barclays to find out eh ?

Mhm! Thats a marvellous idea. I will do that first thing monday morning.

WoW b'card gonna get SAR and CCA.... they will not know what hit them?

Payback is coming CAG style...

If they cant come up with the OA, you could 'politely' request as to why they are giving this to all these DCA's when the legal pperwork doesn't even exist ?

• 2 weeks later...

Update

This morning received a letter from call serve ltd stating

"Re: debt managers ltd-barclaycard

to avoid legal action you were given the opportunity to make arrangement with our agent for payment of the above debt.

However your account remains unpaid and we are left with no alternative other than to consider County Court Proceeding unless a payment and repayment proposal is received within 7 days."

Now i have to say i requested a CCA from this lot and debt managers ltd have stated: WE ARE NO LONGER INSTRUCTED IN THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE REFER TO OUR CLIENT DIRECTLY. Call serve limited defaulted on the 15/03.

I am inclined to wait for the court papers to arrive and then strike out their claim on the basis of no credit agreement=no debt.

Update

This morning received a letter from call serve ltd stating

"Re: debt managers ltd-barclaycard

to avoid legal action you were given the opportunity to make arrangement with our agent for payment of the above debt.

However your account remains unpaid and we are left with no alternative other than to consider County Court Proceeding unless a payment and repayment proposal is received within 7 days."

Now i have to say i requested a CCA from this lot and debt managers ltd have stated: WE ARE NO LONGER INSTRUCTED IN THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE REFER TO OUR CLIENT DIRECTLY. Call serve limited defaulted on the 15/03.

I am inclined to wait for the court papers to arrive and then strike out their claim on the basis of no credit agreement=no debt.

Look at the red bit- says it all...'consider' :lol: :lol: yeah right...I'd be as tempted as you are to do the same.

• 4 months later...

Hello boys and girls i need some help on 3 "situation".

1) OH has a debt with Barclaycard and their henchmen Mercers are trying to still collect. CCA request well past the 12+2+30 days still i keep receiving letters. Barclaycard S.A.R + claim for charges already filed in court.

Mercers won't aknowledge OH letters and on friday we received someone else debt details...:eek: the whole lot address, account number.... Spoke to ICO and also sent a letter to Mercers telling them...

I ve yet received their 48 hours notice and their famous postcards.

WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

2) OH has an "alleged" debt with Abound catalogue, she CCA them and needless to say... yep they haven't got it. OH sent a s10 dataprotection notice, to which they replied that the "alleged" debt exist, but it is merely unenforceable. She wants to get rid of the default on CRA file.

3) my own battle against Studio catalogue, CCA come back "negative" and my s10 data protection notice reply came in the form of a statement of account, nothing else. i want to get rid of default on my CRA file.

All the help appreciated from all of you!

Send a letter to Barclaycard pointing out that they are responsible for the actions of Mercers. And Mercers are in breach of the Consumer Credit Act by continuing to try and enforce a debt when they know they have committed a summary offence already by failing to comply with your CCA request within the requisite time.

Advise Barclaycard that you are sending a copy of the letter to your local Trading Standards office as you believe the fitness of Mercers to have a

Consumer Credit Licence should be queried. And ask them to get Mercers to

cease all contact with you until they can furnish a copy of your original

agreement. Any further correspondence from Mercers will lead to you

calling Barclaycards fitness into question as well. And do send a copy to

TS as Mercers are in serious breach of the Act in two ways at least.

In situations where a contract governed by the Consumer Credit Act has an

oustanding CCA request of more than 50 days, then any derogatory data

on credit files must be removed as no permission can be shown to permit

such processing. Furthermore, it is a stipulation by the CRAs that companies

do have permission from their customers before they process data on their

credit files.

Received yesterday:

A poor attempt for barclaycard to comply with OH CCA request, a bad copy of the front page of the application form together with terms and conditions.

And a letter saying basically:" you ve got what you asked for now pay up".

Letters to both Mercers and Barclaycard and also TS are going to be fired off today.

Received yesterday:

A poor attempt for barclaycard to comply with OH CCA request, a bad copy of the front page of the application form together with terms and conditions.

And a letter saying basically:" you ve got what you asked for now pay up".

Letters to both Mercers and Barclaycard and also TS are going to be fired off today.

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation with Barclaycard.

They send a poor excuse of an agreement. I wrote back, pointing out their shortcomings. They then sent exactly the same document. I have now wrote back to them basically saying the agreement is not worth the paper it's written on and I am stopping all payments so take me to court!

I'm now waiting on their next move.

Regards, Jeff.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys and girls i ve got a question, and i hope someone would point me

in the right direction.

I had a barclaycard(been defaulted thanks to charges). Now in hands of debt collectors.

I ve sent a CCA request(£1, recorded delivery) to Mercers(BC in-house monkeys?). Never had anything.

Then it got passed to Call Serve and again another CCA was sent...Nothing received.

From Call Serve got passed to Credit Security(same DCA different building floor), nothing received from them either.

Call serve and Credit Security AFAIK have been/are being investigated by my local TS.

When all this was going on i have never received any notice of assignement from anyone.

Today i ve received a letter from Barclaycard informing me that the debt have been sold to Lowells....

Am i right thinking that there may be some Data Protection issues?

No one to date has provided me what i have asked more than a year ago.

Also where do i stand regarding Lowells?

Thank you in advance

Send Lowells this >

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the CCA 74.

As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing

Yours faithfully

xxxx

Edit to suit and DO NOT HAND SIGN.

Edited by stikky62

I would think after that lot a complaint to TS & FOS regarding Barclaycard is in order regarding their actions.

They are clearly ignoring you S78 and now they have sold an 'account in dispute'

Regarding Lowells, you colud just send them the 'account in dispute letter', however with the new regs that came in 28th May, it could well be worth sending Lowell another section 78 as, if they ignore it, they are in the poop.

David

I know it is because of bank charges that you defaulted, but in the interest of sorting out the mess once and for all, have thought about making them a F&F settlement offer. Naturally you tell that you willing to wait it out as they havent got a legel leg to stand on, but you are making the offer because you want to sort it out becasue its been going on for so long

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=84&a=128

have a read of this, i think the same implies to cc charges

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Long story short... Barclaycard debt... claimed some charges... outstanding balance never cleared. February 2007 3 DCA appear on scene: Call Serve LTD who instructs Debt Managers to harrass me into payment, and Credit Security LTD who again harrass me into paying.

CCA'd the lot... Debt Managers run away, and nothing at all received from the other 2, and they still tried to collect... reported to trading standards and investigated by them... result unknown.

In March 2008 Barclaycard sells the debt to Lowell Portfolio I and they start the merry-go-round... I have in no uncertain terms that the debt is in serious dispute... their reply: thank you for letting us know we will investigate the matter, that letter was almost a year ago... 24/7/0 8.

Today i ve received a statement of accounts.

Question time:

1. Should have barclaycard sold the debt especially knowing that i ve requested copy of the agreement.

2. What am i gonna do with lowells?

3. it is my opinion that lowells owns the debt... can i claim the charges that barclaycard applied to the account?

All help appreciated.