Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jeff2000

  1. This topic was closed on 09 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Hi everybody, It's been a while so I'll give a quick update. After a few letters to and fro with DLC, I made a gesture of goodwill offer to settle without admitting liability. This was last November. I was told that the offer would be passed to someone dealing with the account and a response would given in due course. Never ever got a response. That was the last correspondence until recently. DLC have passed it to Ruthbridge. The first letter from them demanded payment in full. I replied, pointing out my previous offer and that I was awaiting a response. They replied asking me to phone them to discuss the matter. Now I have received another letter threatening bankruptcy unless I pay by the end of the month! So, how do I deal with this latest letter? What response, if any, should I give? Anybody out there with similar dealings with Ruthbridge? Regards, Jeff.
  3. Hi manc, I will pm you with a suggestion of whom to contact. Jeff.
  4. Hi manc, Which person are you communicating with at Link? Jeff.
  5. Hi, You can either fax or e-mail your defence, so no need to worry about the post. Regards, Jeff.
  6. Yes, I see your point. It's a pity really, as they cannot refuse any offer, no matter how small. They may not like it. They may even return your payments. It's just that a record of attempted payments shown to the judge could help a bit. By all means get your wife to draw up a letter of objection, it can't do any harm IMO. Jeff.
  7. Hi, Do these other creditors know of the application for a CO? Sometimes the Court may make an order that the other creditors are informed. Your other creditors also have the right to lodge their objections to a CO being granted, as it would "unduly prejudice them". Furthermore, your wife has the right to object as an individual with an interest in the property. Oh, a question I meant to ask before. Are you still paying anything towards this debt? Jeff.
  8. Hi Wycombe, Do you have other creditors? Have any of them agreed to reduced re-payment plans? Have any of them agreed to freeze the interest? Do you have enough equity in your property to repay all of your debts? (Yours and your wife's). Regards, Jeff.
  9. Yes, but when did they make the application? See if you can find out. If your application for a variation was submitted before their application for an interim CO, then your variation MUST be heard before the final CO hearing. Jeff.
  10. Why not? The Charging Order Act says otherwise.. Jeff.
  11. Hi Wycombe, A quick question. Was your variation order submitted before they applied for the interim CO...? Jeff.
  12. Hi, So far they've sent a copy of an application form. The latest T's and C's. A reconstruction of an alleged default notice. It took some time for these to materialise. Jeff.
  13. Hi, I submitted a defence to the Court and am now awaiting the Claimant's response. Jeff.
  14. Hi, Some space in my inbox now. Jeff.
  15. Yes, let"s keep spreading it about. That's what we're here for.
  16. Each sale can consist of 60000+ alleged debts! Would you chance it on a probable 10% or even less failure rate! That's what we are up against. It's easily worth starting proceedings against the 10%
  17. Hi Paul, I'll PM you when I get a bit more time, if that's OK? Regards, Jeff2000
  18. Hi, The very best of luck Wycombe. Regards, Jeff.
  19. Hi, This just about reflects what happened with me regards BOS. They have now sold the account to Hillesden. Jeff.
  • Create New...