Do you need a parachute account?

barracad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible to update the initial post in this thread?

I just opened a parachute account with Lloyds and was given a visa debit card. The only limitation on it is that you have to use a Lloyds cash machine to withdraw money but in can be used in shops and online without any problems.

What's your credit rating like - if you don't mind me asking! :oops:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I applied for Halifax easy cahs and have now got debit card and PIN - I am new to this site but have used the standard letters, SAR and preliminary approach and charges spreadsheet. My bank Yorkshire have responded quickly. I am trying to get my overdraft sorted to no avail and am considering closing my YB and asking to pay overdraft off in instalments to start me off again

• 4 months later...

Mrs Dogs and I have a credit rating that you would not want but, non the less, Yorkshire bank has given us an account with a debit card. I'll go to the foot of our stairs.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Did you apply in person or online Mr. Dogs!

My history: I had a Halifax account with overdraft. When I was taken ill and had to rely on Benefits they started taking all my Benefit Credits to pay off their charges, never leaving me money to live on. It all started by going 30p over the overdraft limit. Despite many pleas and over 40 years' history with them they would not budge so I took them to the small claims' Court and won an out of Court full settlement. 2 weeks after that they withdrew my overdraft facility. I was furious and they eventually gave me the overdraft facility for 3 months and then said it would close it down as my circumstances had changed. In fact, NOTHING had changed. They eventually started hounding me to pay back the overdraft , about 10 days after the 3 months' were up and then without warning closed my account.

I then had no debit card, and because of their Default on my Credit File I have never been able to open a bank account that provide's one, not even an Electron!

They sent in the Collectors for the overdraft debt, and I told them to go ahead and take me to Court, as I am sure the general public would love the read all about their actions. No word for over 3 months now!!

went in person, was upfront about our state, CCJs, Defaults etc and they gave us a basic account with a debit card. No cheque book but, we can pay direct debits, standing orders and bank on line with the account using electronic transfer. Not a lot left over to play about with but we can if we want.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

Hi, Did you apply in person or online Mr. Dogs!

My history: I had a Halifax account with overdraft. When I was taken ill and had to rely on Benefits they started taking all my Benefit Credits to pay off their charges, never leaving me money to live on. It all started by going 30p over the overdraft limit. Despite many pleas and over 40 years' history with them they would not budge so I took them to the small claims' Court and won an out of Court full settlement. 2 weeks after that they withdrew my overdraft facility. I was furious and they eventually gave me the overdraft facility for 3 months and then said it would close it down as my circumstances had changed. In fact, NOTHING had changed. They eventually started hounding me to pay back the overdraft , about 10 days after the 3 months' were up and then without warning closed my account.

I then had no debit card, and because of their Default on my Credit File I have never been able to open a bank account that provide's one, not even an Electron!

They sent in the Collectors for the overdraft debt, and I told them to go ahead and take me to Court, as I am sure the general public would love the read all about their actions. No word for over 3 months now!!

Have you tried the co-op basic bank account with visa electron card??

• 3 weeks later...

They have been great

Except for the £19.50 'commision' they take when they bounce a D/D ;)

Just hit me with one today :rolleyes:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nat West first said yes then sent THREE letters stating under no circumstances could I apply for a bank account or any type of account with them or their partners, it really made me feel like a criminal and this was back in May - since then I am still searching and will try Barclays.

• 4 months later...

Post all the banking problems is this still an issue out there? I feel a post office account best but having said that, does Nationwide account? Ie can you have an account with them and a bank as surely they would be first choice?

• 2 months later...
So what is a parachute account - the link in the original post points to another thread not the normal popup explanation.

A parachute account is an account with another Bank not associated with the Bank your with at the moment, this eliminates the chance of your Bank using the right to 'offset', taking money from one of your accounts to pay off or pay towards another where you are due them money.

My credit history is really bad according to my credit check. Before I put all my cards into dispute I opened an account with a bank I didnt have any issues with. After 12 months I opened a business account with them. I tried with other banks and they refused me because they did a full check. If you bank with someone for 12 months then they only do a part check and you are more likely to pass. Just my experience.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I was hoping somebody would be able to help me please.

I have a few outstanding debts from about 3 or 4 creditors. I have return to the UK and I would like to check my credit report, but in order to do so, I need a debit visa card. I have a basic account with Santander, which requires no credit check. I have asked for an upgrade and I do not qualify, not sure how to get a visa debit card to move forward...

PS my credit rating must be very very low...

Can someone please help?

start your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

korbantighugteen your post has been reported for breaking forum rules.............. goodbye.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi all

Just wondering I need another bank account. My Credit history is less than 5* :!:. I suppose I am asking which if any have the lowest credit score requirements.

Which of the Banks would it be best to try 1st. A Debit card would be a plus at 1st but I am patient and can wait for a year or so before I request one if I have to.

I used to have an account with HSBC untill last year but it got closed due to inactivity .... duh how stupid of me.

Cheers

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!

My credit ratings pants but I got a Natwest Step account no problem :-)

My credit ratings pants but I got a Natwest Step account no problem :-)

Thanks for that

Had a look. Did you get a Debit Card with it says Debit Card is under Additional Features.

Cheers

My Doctor says that I don't suffer from Paranoia

But I know what he's really thinking !!!