UKPC/DCBL ANPR PCN - appealed PAPLOC Now Claimform - Mcdonalds Bristol Patchway, 562 BS34 5TQ ***Claim Discontinued***

The Court s pretty informal. The Judge [who you call "Judge" rather than Sir or madam] will not be wearing a wig and gown just a suit and it is advisable that you do the same and a tie.

Other than that the Judge will do most of the talking .If they haven't received a WS from the scrotes either the case will probably be thrown out straight away.

Usually the Judge will ask their lawyer a number of questions then ask for your take on things and then the case will be decided.  UKPC 0 Mystic Bertie 5. Then ask for your expenses time off work [if not being paid by your company while in Court, travelling and parking costs and occasionally they will allow something like 5 hours research at I think £8 per hour.

Later celebrate and post us the result and how much fun it was.

You will wonder  why you worried about it so much. Next time will be much easier.🙂

• Like 1

Jk apologies i thought you meant website by WS. No i have not received their WS. ;) 

Dx many thanks for your help  i shall read through the County COurt FAQ. The address on the front of the letter says - county court at Gloucester and Cheltenham, 1st Floor, Cheltenham magistrates court,  st Georges Road, CHeltenham, GL50 3PF.

lookinforinfo many thanks for you informative reply, i was going to go there straight from work but i can always come home first and put my suit on.. I wont be losing any money im afraid as im on the early shift this week and i finish at 2pm. I can claim for fuel, research and parking costs. I looking forward to celebrating lol ;) 

You can't claim for research and dont expect to be able to claim for fuel and parking costs, they're very heard to quantify

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Go for it Bertie!

Don't worry too much about how you dress.

Just remember the arguments we made in your WS.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

12 hours ago, mystic_bertie said:

No i have not received their WS.

Well thats the first point you need to bring to the judges attention.....failure to comply with directions.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Good evening guys many thanks for your posts and advice. Im sorry for the late reply but i fell asleep on the sofa when i got home. 

The good and bad news is that the case has been discontinued, the bad news is the claimant did not inform me of this. I wasted fuel and paid for 2 hrs of parking to find this out. 

Not that it matters now but the lady in reception told me that the county court was in Gloucester today and not Cheltenham however my letter clearly says Cheltenham. So i'm assuming the county court moves between the 2 courts.

I was actually looking forward to getting a judgement in my favour but it was not to be. The woman told me that the claimant should have informed me. 

Anyway guys i thank you all times a million for your professional assistance with this one. It looks like they new they would lose and gave up, its appalling that they allowed to waste the court's time as well as mine. ;) 

• Like 2

• FTMDave changed the title to UKPC/DCBL ANPR PCN - appealed PAPLOC Now Claimform - Mcdonalds Bristol Patchway, 562 BS34 5TQ ***Claim Discontinued***
Posted (edited)

I'm really lost as to why they say it was at gloucester. Your notice of hearing is clear that its at cheltnam. 

Yes the claimant should have informed you, but its likely DCB legal may have sent a letter you never got - it did seem a bit weird that you didn't get their WS

EDIT - I've checked courtserve and your hearing isnt listed on there, so as much as it won't help you, this might be a good guide for users to check the day before their hearings

Edited by jk2054
  • Like 1

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Hi Dave yes indeed we won and its wonderful news. This is obviously their way of being sore losers and inconveniencing me slightly lol. At least it it was worth it in the end and i did not have to pay their stupid over inflated pcn. ;) 

JK - I would need to ask them to find out the reason for the different location. Its a silly set up if you ask me. Im guessing its been discontinued and so the court assumed they did not need to inform me. 

I never got anything from DCB legal, the court letter is dated on the 25th Feb, i don't know at which point it was discontinued. 

Yeah that's a great idea and making sure people check before attending. I did phone yesterday but it was after 4pm and they were not answering the phone. Ill know for the next time. ;) 

• Like 1

You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day.

Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}.

I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂

• Like 1

A win is a win so well done.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking.

I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you.

I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.

brassednecked - many thanks ;) 

honeybee - many thanks ;) 

nicky boy - many thanks ;)