CEL ANPR PCN - POPLA unsuccessful -PAPLOC - Now Claimform - Morrisons, Butterfly Walk Car Park, London SE5 8RW - paid have receipt too! ***Claim Discontinued***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening all, 

I am about to submit my defence. Last day is tomorrow (7th November). 

There is a section that ask if I wish to make a county claim? I mean, I would like to claim for my time preparing for this. Is it appropriate? Or shall I leave it for now and wait until their claim is dismissed? 

Many thanks! 

costs dont enter into things until/ unless it gets to the WS exchange etc then its an add on 

do you work, will you have to take a day off work?

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I do work and if I do need to attend court, I will need to take a day off work. 

For now, shall I say 'Yes' I would like to make a county claim or 'No' and just leave it? 

If I select 'No' and leave it and I do have to go to court, will I be able to make a new county claim and claim my time for going to court? Or is it better to put it on the defence now? 

Thank you Dx

you do not counterclaim ever.. where did you get that idea from?

if you take time off work and you eventually win, then you stand to get atleast £90 in costs.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh right. It was on the defence form. One section asks if I wish to make a counterclaim. I haven't submitted yet, was waiting for you guys to advise. 

I will select no then submit. 

Thanks a lot, Dx. You are amazing!

Edited by Annabooo

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All, 

So after submitting my defence earlier November, I haven't heard from anyone. 

Court wrote to me explaining that they have sent a copy of my defence to the claimant, and they may contact me directly to attempt resolve this dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will inform the court that they wish to proceed and then the court will inform me what will happen.

Claimant have 28 days to contact the court. I haven't heard anything from anyone. It has been over 28 days. I have just logged into my MCOL and the claim is not there anymore. 

Does that mean they are not proceeding and I can forget about it? 

I was getting excited!

if the claim gets autostayed, then it simply remains as the last status is your defence filling.

if the claimant has issue a notice of discontinuance, they usually copy it to you too.

in either case, mcol still shows the case.

i suspect its simply an mcol database error which is VERY common.

try again in a few days.

dx

and they

Oh right, I have just logged on and it is there now. How strange. 

So now the claim is currently autostay. I believe if they still want to proceed, there will be an extra cost to lift autostay because it has now passed 28days. 

I'd not be flying a flag for another week or 2.

Dx

and they

std letter means nothing.

go read like threads

simply sent to harass and intimidate.

watch status to see if n180 gets mentioned.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Yes I am aware. Will watch my MCOL to see if it changes. 

I have read the threads previously and can see each step that is happening. 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

EXCLUSIVE: The parking giants are on track to demand up to £1billion in fines this year because the Government has withdrawn parts of a long-awaited code of practice.

I saw this last week. Crazy how they make so much money!

• Like 2

I always do my research and read up before I ask questions. Thanks HB. 

I also have the court letters sitting on top of my desk to remind me to follow up on it with all the dates in my mind. 

This group has been amazing, and I am forever so grateful for the support. 

Mediation is of no use in a parking case as its either you pwe or you don't so a pointless exercise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, I hope you are all nearly ready to celebrate Christmas this weekend! 

I want to keep this thread updated. I have received a Mediation letter at the beginning of December and then yesterday DCB Legal sent me another letter saying their Client is prepared to make me an offer to conclude the matter. 

My MCOL says: 

DQ filed by claimant on 13/12/2022

DQ sent to you on 13/12/2022

But I have not received a DQ from the court due to post strike! Hopefully it will come through soonest so I can deal with it. 

Also, DCB Legal still hasn't responded to my CPR requests I have sent about 2months ago! 

Do I just wait for the court to send me the DQ and watch out for N180? So far, I don't see anything about N180. - Many thanks

Hope you all have a wondering Christmas break!

Mediation Lett Dec 2022.pdf Offer Letter Dec 2022.pdf

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track-correct-at-sept-2016/#comment-5088148

3 copies

yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket)

1 wit you

Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (read all the posts in N180 link above for the reason)

the rest is obv

1 to the court

1 to sols (omit phone/sig/email)

1 for your file

dx

and they

If you're worried about missing court deadlines, simply download the form and fill it in.  It's just a short, simple, form.  There's nothing special about the version sent by the court.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track

Following dx's instructions, fill in & sign one version, then scan & e-mail it to the court.  Make sure to put the claim number and the names of both parties in the subject field.  Click on "Return Receipt".

Send the fleecers' theirs without a signature, 2nd class post as that's all they're worth, and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track-correct-at-sept-2016/#comment-5088148

3 copies

yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket)

1 wit you

Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (read all the posts in N180 link above for the reason)

the rest is obv

1 to the court

1 to sols (omit phone/sig/email)

1 for your file

dx

and they

Thank you both so much! I didn't realise the DQ is N180. What would I do without you guys. 

I will download the form and fill it in and then send it to the court then. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Will update this thread in the New Years with some good news!  

And their sols .

Read and follow the guide I posted carefully.

Dx

and they

Thank you DX. I will follow your instructions carefully. Today, the DQ came through the post and the deadline to submit this is on 30th December 2022! 

I have filled out the online DQ and would like to send it by email because the deadline is soon. I have been reading on MCOL and there is only 1 email address - [email protected]. Is this the correct email address I can send my pdf version to? 

I will also send a hard copy by special delivery tomorrow and a 2nd class copy to CEL & DBC Legal (the unsigned version). I will save an electronic copy onto my laptop. 

Again, many thanks for your help! 

The e-mail address is fine.

You don't need to send to both CEL and DCBL, just to the one address they put on the claim form for service of documents.

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim. 
(AOS, DEFENCE, N180 ETC)
If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL
you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead. 

If you send your response by e mail 
please send it to [email protected] 

ensure you quote “Claim number xxx xxx (type of response i'e AOS , Defence, N180)” in the subject field. 

though i would not worry , you cant really be penalised for it being late. 

whatever you do dont ever give the fleecers an email address

dx

• Like 1

and they

5 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

The e-mail address is fine.

much better to use the specific email set up for active claim responses.... not the general northants court email.

• Like 1

and they