ParkingEye PCN - lease car - 11 mins stay - KFC Ellesemere Centre, Walkden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG,

I received a PCN for an 11-minute stay in the KFC car park (8:50am - 9:01am) on May 30. It seems this place is known to some people on this site. I have completed the questionnaire information and attached a pdf of the PCN. The PCN was received on June 15, presumably a little late as it's a lease car and the paperwork arrived via the lease company.

I was not aware of the car park restrictions and briefly parked up to drink a coffee (purchased from the drive-through McDonald's, next door). For an 11-minute stay at a time when the KFC was shut I find the fine of £100 (£60 if paid within 14-days) excessive and any assistance is most appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement

30/05/2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

02/06/2021

3 Date received

15/06/2021 (received via lease company)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes (arrival/departure times)

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Give answer here

7 Who is the parking company?

Parking Eye [edited - HB]

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

KFC Ellesmere Centre, Walkden, Manchester M28 3ZD

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

POPLA

Scan.pdf

Hi, welcome to CAG.

Thank you for posting up the information, it will help us to advise you. I see it's Parking Eye again and by the way, it isn't a fine, it's a speculative invoice to us.

They're on a sticky wicket with 11 minutes I'd say, see what the others think when they get here.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

11 minute stay, they have to give a minimum 10 minutes Grace period, Usually signage trips them up, as well, So they have a Prohibition of anyone parking outside KFC opening hours.  is the site Signege clear and easily readable.  Don't appeal the Team will be along with further advice soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

100's of like threads to read here

do nothing until or unless you get a letter of claim

Programmable Search Engine (google.com) <<clickme and read all the consumeractiongroup threads listed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is it me or is this the second invoice PE have spat out, that I have seen, that doesn't say what the alleged breach is?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well spotted!

I wonder if on page 2 they've got "it might have been A, or it could have been B, then again it may have been C" ...

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone and thanks for spotting that part of the PCN was missing. I have now attached this so people can see the Parking Charge Information. 

I will take a look at the car park signage later today and post pictures on here. In the meantime I will sit tight until/if I receive a letter of claim.

Thanks

Scan 1.pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Thread tidied
  • Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye PCN - lease car - 11 mins stay - KFC Ellesemere Centre, Walkden

Well what is it PE, was the stay authorised or unauthorised what is the breach of your fictitious T&C's?

They're not even certain of their own T&C's, first they mention 'by ''remaining'' at the car park for longer than the stay authorised OR without authorisation'' Which is it?

And then if you remain in the car park for longer than zero hours and zero minutes, so you can't even drive through it, then you agree to pay their invoice??

They really are thicker than a submarine door.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hello,

I've nipped down to the car park today and taken photos of the signage (attached).

There are two entrances to the car park.

Image 1 shows the sign for the first entrance.

I entered in the other entrance (image 2) displaying s small yellow sign advising the car park is for the use of KFC customers.

Once you enter the car park there is a larger sign with more information (Image 3).

This is not visible until you are inside the car park as the sign is facing the opposite way to the other two.

Thanks

pix.pdf

Well that's it then.

You went in the entrance which simply said you had to be a KFC customer, which you intended to be.

Once you worked out it was closed and read the signage you promptly left, in all of 11 minutes. 

Their signage is rubbish and you've proved it.  Well done on digging up this evidence.

They are on to a loser for sure

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 11 months later...

Hi Everyone,

On May 30th 2021 I received a PCN for an 11-minute stay in the KFC Walkden car park (8:50am - 9:01am). See above for details.

After receiving the excellent advice on here and not having received a letter of claim from PE I assumed the matter was closed, especially given that it was from over a year ago. However, I have today received a letter from Direct Collection Bailiffs (DCBL) title ‘Notice of Debt Recovery – Unpaid Parking Charge of £170’ and instructed to make a payment within 14-days. 

Any advice on how to proceed/react to this letter is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

you ignore them

if you read carefully it says they are not operating as a bailiff

just another powerless DCA whom can never be bailiffs .

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the previous  advice.

Since the letter referred to in my last post, I have received three further letters.

The first was a 'final reminder', followed by a 'Final notice of debt recovery'.

Today I received the latest titled, 'Notice of intended legal action'.

I have not responded to any of these, nor the original ones a year ago.

I'm just seeking reassurance that I should continue ignoring these letters from DCBL?

Thanks

On 20/06/2021 at 19:27, Moey8 said:

Thanks for everyones help. Will update if/when I receive a letter of claim from PE.

Dx

and they

what are dcbl?

dx

and they

You said it yourself... I will await a letter of claim from PE themselves.

Only the owner of a debt or a solicitor operating on behalf of their stated client - the owner..  can issue a letter of claim.

A DCA is not a solicitor.

They are not BAILIFFS

And have 

ZERO legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type 

Doesn't hurt to read a few PE PCN threads here too so you answer your own questions now and going forward - CAG is predominantly self help too 

Dx

and they

• 6 months later...

Open 

Dx

and they