Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Absolutely. And not just on this subject  but if I remember correctly, it was a partial court transcript 
    • i would not be believing anything you read on the net without actually knowing the judgement CCJ number and looking up the actual judgement exists and that is what really happened and if thats true,.
    • the issue with trustonline is you have to know the address used on the actual claimform else you will never find it, you cant just search by name. thats where a credit file becomes useful, as if a ccj was registered somewhere in your name , then the address would automatically be added to your credit file under linked addresses. although the CCJ itself vanishes from showing under credit file public judgements section after 6yrs, paid or not, the linked address would remain. i really wouldn't fuss about this, unless you've comms where lowell directly state a ccj was awarded against you on (date). now if they've given a CCJ number as well anywhere thats even more useful, as you can get details from northants bulk directly on the phone. it could all just be someone else with the same name as you, but its unusual for them the write as well? was this before you sent the SB letter? cause if it was, then they got your current address from your credit file, so some evidence of the judgement must be there. go look on the 3 credit file providers sites. experian, equifax and i think credit kalma  dx  
    • thanks dx  much appreciated as always  sorry to keep asking stupid questions but would the register that i checked show the same information as credit files, as for  when we were sofa surfing was not registered anywhere for anything we were very ill and to be honest lost the will to live literally     
    • I did read a something about comma data. I believe it might have been pra group/ hsbc where comms data was challenged by the defence. A hsbc employee was bought in to give evidence …. And the judge accepted his version on the balance of probability….. which is why I was asking
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Eden Housing Association/Karbon Homes Failing to do Boiler repairs and not responding to complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I wonder if any one can help me. I hope Im posting this in right section. I live in a brand new build house. I rent from local housing association. I have lived here for 2 years right since they finished being built.


When we moved in we found the drains very dangerous. The seals that the drain lids sit on are not secured or even sunk in to ground. 2 drains one right in front of my front door and another in my back garden stick right up and can be easily tripped over. The lids to the drains can easily be moved, just by kicking gently or running across they slide across. A child could easily move drain lid and fall. I have 4 young children


I complained when we moved in and have been complaining since. They keep promising to come and sort it out but never do. It has been 2 years and the drains are still the same. My neighbours have complained as well.


Recently my neighbours daughter fell Down one of the drains and got quite bad injuries. My neighbour took photos and sent to housing association but they are still not doing any thing. Yesterday one of my children nearly fell down drain out side house.


We can't let are children play out any more for the fear that they might fall down a drain or trip on them and hurt them selfs.


Complaining to our local housing association has got us no where. What would are next step.be. What can we do to get them to listen. We have thought about contacting our local council would they be able to help. If so what department would we need to contact. Would it be environmental health.


Any advice would be very much appreciated


Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Teddybear154


Shocking attitude of that housing association right when you say over the years you have complained about the drains has this been by phone calls only or have you put it in writing also who did you complain to was it just the housing officers?


Which housing association is it so I can do a bit of research to assist you.


The one thing I will say is this is a Health & Safety issue to start off with the first thing to do is phone your housing association and report this to the repairs team/section and report both drain as a health & Safety risk.

(Now make sure you get the individuals name, are told the priority for repair i.e. Emergency, Urgent, Routine)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...

I wonder if any one can give me some advice. Back in September I was eating a meal with my children down stairs. We were all sat around dining table.


We heard a bang up stairs, my daughter went up stairs to see what it was next thing I hear my daughter is screaming. I go up stairs to find her bedroom window smashed.


It was not my children as they were all down stairs with me at time. I have no idea what happened. I have asked neighbours but none saw any thing.


Any way I reported it to housing assocuation straight away as window was still making cracking sounds and did not want window to shatter every where and my children to get hurt.


They sent some out who removed glass rather messyly carying broken window through house putting glass every where.


They put a scrappy piece of wood in that has slots and holes in it and foot prints all over in and left.


It has been over a month and window still has not been fixed. I phoned them a week ago and they said it takes a minimum of 20 day for a new glass window to be made is this true. I had already been waiting over 20 days when phoned. I was told it should be fixed with in a week.


But have heard nothing and still window has not been repaired. My daughters room is freezing with just the scrappy piece of wood. It's so cold at night she can't sleep in there and rain is leaking in. She has been sleeping on sofa down stairs for about a month.


The rest of upstairs is cold to even with heating on.


I need window fixed but they are not doing it. They just keep say with in a week.


My youngest son shares room with my daughter, he has been sleeping in my bed. he is very poorly and has got to have major skull head surgery in a few weeks. I need a warm dry home to bring him home to after. Or there could be a high risk of infection. I have tried to explain this to them but they would not listen and did not care.


Where do I go from here to get window fixed.


Any advice much appreciated


Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

in some double and triple galzing units if the air gap is the wrong size or the glass not toughened you get thermal stress and one pane of glass goes.

If they have to replace a sealed unit then 20 days is not unexpected, if it is an older house with single glazing then half a day would be a reasonable time scale.

You will need to raise an official complaint and make sure that your circumstances are properly explained. The additional heating costs should also be mentioned. Write to the next person up the chain to who has been dealing with things so far and copy to the chief exec/chair of trustees so they can pass it down and blame someone else if the matter still isnt sorted in a decent time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi thanks for your replys, windows and frames look like upvc on out side but on inside have slight wood grain effect if that makes sence. They are double glazed windows.


I live in a semi detached house, it is a fairly new house was built 6 1/2 years ago have been living here since house was finished being built.


I don't know if this helps. Also both side of glass shattered first inside then The out side started shattering.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is unusual for thermal stress, it sounds as though the frame has suffered from straining by one method or another. Any sign of slight twisting? ie gaps around frame/ cracks in plaster around frames, things like that?

How big is the gap between the panes of glass? What do the glass shards look like? long bits or smashed up into smaller pieces like a car window when it is shattered. DG units that are toughened wont break into tiny bits but will still have a distinctive pattern to the breaks

Link to post
Share on other sites



I don't think there are any cracks or gaps in or around frame but will have another look when get home. When it shattered it was like when a car window shatters tiny bits it stayed in tact until he removed glass. But you could here it popping and cracking.



The gap between the panes of glass it quiet big. At least 1 1/2 cms

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Teddybear154


This sounds just typical of a HA lets not update the tenant on the repair progress and you are having to do the chasing.


Now word of caution as the HA may or may not try to bill you for the window so you need to be aware of this.


You should not be chasing this repair the HA should be keeping you updated so I would now use the HA Complaints procedure and


Make a written Formal Complaint pointing out that the contractor employed by them to initially fix the window left glass particles

thoughtout your property to the front door and as you have children this was a Health & Safety risk that you were left to clean up.

You would also like to know why you have not been kept updated on this repair and due to this require copies of the following documents:


1. Complaints Policy (not the Complaints Leaflet)

2. Customer Care/Standards Policy.

3. Repairs and Maintenance Policy.

4. Right to Repair Policy.



(Now the reason you want the Policies as these are what they will use against Tenants/Service Users so you need to read for yourself whether they have actually followed there own Policies, if not you mark/highlight)


Also with the above check the HA Website to see if they are their and available to download.

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


the d/g unit was of toughened glass ( good) and it didnt suffer from thermal stress as the air gap is large enough to prevent such things.

This then means that it has undergone some external straining to make it break which is why I said look for cracks in the surrounding areas.


Generally UPVC frames absorb an awful lot

so this is unusual but that doesnt mean it has been damaged by an external force (ie people throwing stones etc)


so as Stu says be prepared for an argument over what they say has happened and who is responsible.


Sometimes toughened glass can go due to a tiny scratch.

When the shattered glass stays in place you can often work out what has gone wrong but when all the tiny pieces fall out it can be imposiible to point directly at a fault.


Ultimately they are responsible unless they can prove negligence of some for on your part but they will try and reverse the burden of proof as it saves them money

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi every one


Thanks for your replies


I thought I would give you a update.


Window still has not been fixed.


I phoned housing association today to find out what's happening.


To be told glass was never ordered.


They say they will order glass today but it will be at least another 20 days until they have glass.


And they are so busy that they recon they won't be able to fix before Christmas.


They really don't care and won't listen.


I feel so Angry.

House is so cold.

Rain is leaking in around wood.


My youngest son goes in to hospital for surgery next Monday.

He has long term health problems. .

I can't bring him home to a cold house after surgery.

It's costing me a fortune in heating to try and keep house warm.


I have asked for their complaints procedure today and they are putting a copy in post to me.


Where do I go from here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Teddybear154


Please do as I mentioned in post#7.


I can appreciate your frustration with not only the length of time this repair is taking but they compunded the matter by the HA maladministration in failing to order the glass which you only found out when chasing the HA for an update on this repair.


You should not be chasing the HA for an update on this repair they should be keeping you updated and they also should have informed you if this comes under the Right to Repair (so you need to request a copy of the Right to Repair Policy and whether that repair is a Qualifying repair under there Right to Repair.


Due to the HA Maladministration the glass was not ordered until you chased them for an update to be informed of this again this should not have happened. (yes replacement glass due to numerous different sizes etc may take time to arrive to be installed but the HA failed even order it until chased prolonging this repair)


Do Not be afraid to challenge the HA if they say to you it's xyz policy or procedure just think how do you know if what they are saying is correct you don't without seeing copies of those xyz policies and procedures that they may refer to so you can see if they have actually followed there own policies and procedures always challenge and ask for copies of them.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi stu007 thanks for your reply.


I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm not following your advice.


I have asked for the full complaints policy and the others you stated

the person I spoke to said they did not know what the other policy's were.


In case it helps its Eden housing association.

I have found their complaints policy and repairs and maintenance policy on website.

But cant find the other 2.

But it all seems so confusing and not sure what im looking for in it.


In the repairs and maintenance policy it has a tiny piece on right to repair

but just says for Minor repairs I'm not sure a window would be classed as a minor repair.


Can you Help me at all to understand the policy's and give me a idea as to what I'm looking for.

I'm going to write a letter of complaint in the morning.


The only reason I phoned is because I have a lot going on with my son going in to hospital on Monday and trying to pack.

And just wanted to find out what was going on I did not have time to start sending letters but will make time to type and send a letter in morning.


Thanks again for your advice

Link to post
Share on other sites

What you do when you get the policies is sit down with a highlighter or some maker and think to yourself from reporting the repair to theirs action to date and as you read the policy think to yourself "DID THEY DO THAT", if they didn't highlight/ mark it and when done you have a list of what they did not follow as per there own policy/procedure.


You then use there own policy/procedure against them by pointing out the policy and area of it they have failed to follow and ask them to clarify there actions. (always in writing to keep a good paper trail)


Can't wait to see the reply if they think the policies I mentioned you to ask for they may not have.


Couple of links for you to look at:


The Secure Tenants of Local Housing Authorities (Right to Repair) Regulations 1994: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made


Disrepair - using the right to repair scheme: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/repairs-in-rented-housing/disrepair-what-are-your-options-if-you-are-a-social-housing-tenant/disrepair-using-the-right-to-repair-scheme/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

generally what is inside the property is your responsibility so broken sink etc you deal with The fabric of the building is their responsibility but if you were responsible for the disrepair (like kicking a hole in the front door) then they bill you for it. toughened glass for DG units does take time to obtain but what they quote is ridiculous and the schedule for works likewise.


A local glaziers would probably fit it within a day after the glass arived, suggest this to the HA and if they say no then press them as to why not. I would surmise it has more to do with who has got the contract to do the work and from my experience in the past that is not always based upon the best tender price. ( court case with local council when I lived in social housing and also my brother was head of a large district council housing direct labour org for a short while but left because of the corruption and interference by his political masters when he didnt give contracts to their friends at the lodge).

Edited by honeybee13
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 6 years later...

I apologise if I'm posting this in wrong place. I wonder if anyone can give me some advice.

This is going to be long again I apologise is advanced.

I live in a 3 bedroom housing association house with my 4 children. All 4 of my child have special needs and medical conditions.

Back at end Of November 2022 boiler went wrong phoned housing association many times could not get through. Emailed and kept ringing.

Two weeks passed and heard nothing from them and no one had been out to look at boiler. We had no heating or hot water, temperature outside was below freezing with thick snow on ground.

Eventually after 2 1/2 weeks a boiler engineer turned up. He was useless and started whacking boiler with a wrench then openly admitted to me he had no experience and did not know what he was doing. He said he couldn't fix and left.

Christmas came and went and still no heating or hot water. I continually chased up housing association.

Toward end of December 2022 just after Christmas two more engineers came out both just as useless and could not fix, one of which was Very rude to me, swore and yelled verbal abuse at me and left me feeling intimidated and scared in my own home.

I lodged a stage 1 complaint in January 2023 and in the housing associations response they were rude and just tried to blame everything on me and would not take any responsibility. They did promise they would reimburse me for the electricity that I was using to heat house with electric heaters and electric shower and electric hob to heat water to get hot water.

I continued fighting over the next few months, chased up every day, many more engineer visits and still boiler not fixed. By June I had had enough and lodged a stage 2 complaint.

The Beginning of July another Engineer came out and Finally fixed boiler.

In total we were left without heating and hot water for 7 nearly 8 months.

As of today I've still had no response to my stage 2 complaint.

They say they respond to stage 2 complaint within 20 days it's been 7 months with no response and I've never been reimbursed for the nearly 8 months we spent a fortune using electricity to run electric heaters and to get hot water.

I have continually chased them up about complaint and they just keep giving me excuse after excuse.

This weekend Boiler went gone wrong again

Woke up Saturday morning to find kitchen and hallway floor covered in water.

Turned out boiler was leaking and water was pouring all over electrics and control board from inside boiler.

Rang up yesterday and was continually put on hold. Spent most of the day trying to get through. Then was told it was not a emergency and that it was perfectly safe to keep on using a boiler thats pouring water all over electrics etc.😲

After alot more arguing they eventually sent a engineer out Saturday Evening. He came and was from same company as last time and was just as useless. He found where it was leaking, which was heat exchange. Said washers needed replacing.

He in my opinion he did a cowboy job. He didn't have quite the right size washers so they kept slipping out so he got, some glue, pipe weld or sealant and covered washer in it and used it to glue washers in.

Stuff he used was in a white pot and had a brush attached to inside of lid.

He then put boiler back together. It's seemed to fix leak, He then asked me to turn electricity to boiler back on, I asked several times if this was safe as water had gone all over electrics and control board. He insisted it was so I turned electricity back on l, He tested and everything was working so he left.

Sunday morning I woke up and house was freezing. I went to bathroom to have a wash turned on hot tap, water came out for a few seconds the flow suddenly dropped to barely a trickle.

Went downstairs checked boiler and all lights were flashing. Tried to turn on heating but boiler was not responding, would not do anything or fire up.

Boiler was completely broken, I don't know what engineer did.

Spent most of Sunday Morning on phone to Housing association.

They sent another engineer out Sunday afternoon who was just as useless. He turned up looked at boiler, turned it off and on, tried re setting it once which did nothing. He then removed 2 screws dropped down control panel had a quick glance lifted back up control panel then spent 10 minutes wrestling to screw screws back in to hold control panel up.

He couldnt even screw in screws properly. He jammed a screw on top of another and left it sticking out .

Over all he spent barely 5 minutes looking at boiler said he couldn't do anything. He offered me 1 Tiny electric heater to heat a 3 bedroom housing.

I'm beyond angry.

My questions are

First I want to go to housing ombudsman but according to housing ombudsman, They won't help until I've extinguished all avenues with housing association and got a final response to my complaint.

What if they never respond to complaint.

Housing ombudsman do not say what to do in this situation if you get no response from housing association. Any one know what I should do.

Secondly what are my right regarding getting boiler repaired.

I do not trust the company that they continually keep sending out. They are cowboys that don't know what they are doing. They took nearly 8 months to fix boiler. And even after they fixed I never felt boiler was safe.

They have terrible reviews online. Do I have any right to ask them to send a different company. I fear for the safety of any one who has had there boiler serviced or repaired by this company.

Some one needs to come forward a fight for the safety of tenants. They are putting cheap before safety. Using the worst cheapest company they can.

Every one on estate where I live has had problems with there boiler every one is sick of it.

I just don't know what to do next, I really don't want to go through another 7-8 months without heating or hot water.

What should my next step be?

Should I contact Housing Ombudsman? Councillor, MP.

What should be my next step be and where do I stand legally.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks in advance


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think you have a strong basis to make a court claim for the costs.

Firstly, I'd be arranging to have the boiler inspected by an independent contractor. Don't worry about the costs, we can get that back later.

Once you have an independent report, send this to the housing association giving them 7 days to fix it to a satisfactory quality or else you will be getting quotes and instructing the works to be undertaken at their expense.

Then start reconciling all your invoices to date (the extra electric they agreed to repay, cost of the electric heaters you had to purchase, etc) to come to the value of the costs you've had to pay to date.

Finally, make sure you keep paying your rent or so on. It's tempting to hold rent back due to this but that can open you up to legal issues in future, keep to your end of the agreement.

Once you have a figure (you can give a rough estimate to us, but use the true value in your letters) come back here and we can help you start drafting a letter of claim for your costs.

It's probably also worth submitting an SAR to the housing association requesting all information so that you have all the correspondence sent and received.


We could do with some help from you.



Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lolerz thanks for your reply I'll get on to it now.


Stupid question probably but if I get a independent boiler contactor in to do a independent inspection, could I get in to trouble for allowing someone that housing association hasn't authorised to touch boiler.


I know houseing association and they will try and blame any one but them selves or there contractors. I would not put it passed them to blame whoever I get out to do inspection for Breaking boiler.


Sorry if I'm overthinking it, I just know what there like and just worried.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Providing the contractor is legit and has all the Gas Safe accreditations they can't really argue that, I would be extremely surprised if they were to try.

We could do with some help from you.



Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I would add to the advice given above is to write a note the housing association and tell them that in view of the situation you are now getting an independent inspection and quotation in order to diagnose the issue and to a figure for the cost of repairs.

It helps to give advance notice and then wait few days for them to respond. Even if they object you should probably go ahead – but let us know

Link to post
Share on other sites


To add to the above.

You also need to inform the Housing Association that to date they have failed to respond to your stage 2 Complaint on this matter dated XX/XX/XXXX.

Section 11 Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 states that a landlord must keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the property that supply heating and hot water this includes boilers and as I had no heating nor hot water and with disabled children this should have been dealt with as an emergency which you failed to do.

Due to the above I should not have to also remind you of your responsibilities under the Equality Act which in this situation you also failed due to having disabled children and left with no heating nor hot water for months at a time.

On the last engineers visit due to the water from the boiler leaking all over the electrics your engineers way of resolving the water leak from the boiler heat exchanger was to use the incorrect size washers and use some sort of glue/sealant which is incorrect for this boiler.

Your Engineer failed to check the electrics were safe and the next day the boiler failed once again.

I will also remind you of the Right to Repair Scheme:

https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/right-repair-scheme#:~:text=The Right to Repair Scheme covers small%2C urgent repairs costing,or safety of the tenant.

I now require the following:

1. Clarification if those Engineers that came out to fix this boiler are Gas Safe Registered and there Registration Number.

2. Copy of your Right to Repair Policy not the leaflet.

3. Copy of your Complaints Policy not the leaflet.

4. Coy of your Compensation Policy not the leaflet.

5. List of your Nominated Contractors as your present Contractor seems unable to fix boiler issue or has no knowledge how to repair these boilers and wish to choose a different contractor which I am entitled to do so and if you refuse this I require full clarification as to why and which Housing Act/Legislation.

6. Due to the water from the boiler leaking onto the electrics and that I have lost any trust in your contractor ability to fix these boiler and the water leaking all over the electrics due to this safety issue I require an Electrical Inspection to be carried out and if this is refused I require full clarification as to the reason why with the relevant Housing Act/Legislation.

7. I require a copy of the details when this specific Boiler was installed into my property and a copy of the last Gas Safety Inspection Report.

Due to the above and your failures in this matter even ignoring a Stage 2 Complaint to date I now require a Letter of Deadlock so that I may proceed to the Housing Ombudsman on this matter.


Can you tell us which Housing Association we are dealing with?

With the above have a good read of the Right to Repair Scheme link as I bet they never told you about that nor that you are also entitled to ask for a list of there Nominated Contractors which they will have separate to the main contractor they are using as most Housing Association like to keep that hidden so tenants don't know about it


  • Like 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • dx100uk changed the title to Housing Association Failing to do Boiler repairs and not responding to complaint

Stu007 thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. You are right they never told me about Right to Repair or about nominated contractors.

I normally don't like to name and Shame but I have had enough so will this time.

It's Eden Housing Association and the company they keep sending out to fix boiler is Karbon Homes.

Karbon Homes are awful, just look them up online and read the reviews online.

Eden Housing  joined a partnership with Karbon Homes in 2022. Karbon Homes have been repairing and servicing boilers since then.

It's strange as never had any problems with boiler until they stated messing with it doing services. Might be a coincidence I don't know 

But if you search Google for Eden Housing and Karbon Homes partnership you can find alot about it. Read some of the press releases about it. Honestly they will make you laugh there a joke.

A lady from Eden Housing stated at time 

"We know how important gas servicing and repairs are to many of our tenants, and we are really looking forward to working in partnership with Karbon Homes to make sure our tenants receive a first-rate service"

The person who said this it same person who is dealing with my complaint and has failed to respond. Only response I've had is excuses like apparently the last few months she has been off sick not working and no one else there apparently who can deal with complaint. I find it hard to believe that they didn't have any one else who could take over complaint.

When I contact Eden house to tell them all you have mentioned above should I send to person dealing with complaint should I email or is it better to send a letter in post?

Thanks again 

Just to add I didn't mention this in original post as it was already long enough.

But this is not the only problem we have had with repairs it's a fight to get any repairs done. For example are roof started leaking at one point and it took them 1 year to fix, window exploded took over 6 months to fix. The list goes on.

There are other repairs that still haven't been done one of which I mentioned on my stage 2 complaint last year.

We have lived in this house 13 years since house was built. 

The day after we moved in I gave my children a bath in upstairs bathroom, got them out and pulled plug out. Started drying them when bathroom light went off plunging us in to darkness.

Went downstairs to check fuse box, got to bottom of stairs and water and sewage was pouring out of kitchen.

I thought at first a pipe had burst water was pouring through ceiling and boiler there was so much water. I turned off water at mains, and spent hours clearing it up. Boiler was damaged. Took them months to fix. We had to move back out.

It turned out that they never connected house to main drainage. There was a cap on drainage pipe coming out of house.

Upstairs light has never worked since.

Reported it back then 13 years ago never fixed. Should have run a mile then wish we had but we were desperate for a home and it was all that was available.

They just don't care. If we want a bath we have to do it when it's light which in winter means baths only in morning or lunch time as it gets dark so early so not practical. 

If we need to wash hands or use toilet in upstairs bathroom once it has got dark we have to use a torch or battery light.

Surely this is a health and safety hazard.

Lock on front door is broken can't lock front door from out side, reported to them several times still no repair.

Would so love to move and get away from this housing association but there is just nothing available that we can afford.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...