2*Parking Eye PCN's for gym use - i've paid them, but more are i feel coming!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

just received two parking charge notices from PE today, £100 each for overstaying at a retail car park.

new member of The Gym at the retail park and thought I get 4 hrs free parking after registering my vehicle on their self service machine.

didn’t realise that I have to do that each time I visit.

Unfortunately I have paid both charges before I found these threads.

is it too late to do anything now?

another worry is that I have been going for a month, I am unsure how many times I could have overstayed.

I might get more PCN from Parking Eye

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera captur

1 Date of the infringement   21/12 and 22/12

2 Date on the NTK  25/12 on both 

3 Date received. 29/12

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Y

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? Y for 22/12, N for 21/12. appealed through parking eye website and has unfortunately identified myself as the driver on 22/12

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly?   Great Hormer Street District Centre, Liverpool 

Appeals body - BPA

PARKING CHARGE.pdf PARKING CHARGE 2.pdf

well you could try and do a chargeback to the debit card provider.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to 2*Parking Eye PCN's for gym use - o've paid them, but more are i feel coming!!
  • dx100uk changed the title to 2*Parking Eye PCN's for gym use - i've paid them, but more are i feel coming!!

as feared I have received 3 more PCN from ParkingEye today. 

Date of the infringement   12/12, 14/12 and 19/12

2 Date on the NTK  24/12 all three

3 Date received. 31/12

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? No for all three

7 Who is the parking company?  Parking Eye

8. Where exactly?   Great Hormer Street District Centre, Liverpool 

any advice on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated. thanks. 

parkingeye PCN

PARKING CHARGE 3.pdf PARKING CHARGE 4.pdf

MEMBER OF THE.pdf

These are the pics of the car park and the signs. The gym is in the retail area.  I know I have to input my vehicle registration details on the self service machine in the gym to get an extra 2 hrs free parking (max 4 hrs) but nowhere did it say that I have to do this EACH time. 😩

Pls let me know if I have a case, or if I should pay the reduced charge before deadline. Ta. 

Photo.pdf

Photo_2.pdf

the instruction to enter then vehicle registration detail for EACH VISIT can only be found on The Gym Group website FAQ section. 
from reading the ParkingEye signage, I wrongly assumed that once I’ve done it once I’m covered for future visits. Sneaky. 

Edited by Irt8787

I normally don't either, I'm not too sure about these ones but I have a friend who has mentioned this company before so let me ask him and I'll update my post.

Just posting so I don't forget.

neither the sign nor the screen blurb, which is your contract to park mentions paying PE a fortune for not obeying a contract you havent been offered.

Put simply, you dont owe them because they havent offered you anything bu way of a contract to break.

They will now this but dont care and hate the idea of being caught out and having to pay back everyone else so they will try and stick it to you up to the last hurdle,

What to do? sit on all of these until you get a lba and then let them know abotu the lack of contract and lack of any conditon breached by way of the signage and screen. They may try suing to get you to drop the matter, esp as you ahve paid them before

If you  look up "invitation to treat" and then consider waht is and isnt a contract you will realise that this sign deosnt apply to you and nor to anyone else if they dont like it

YOUR contract is the blurb on the check in machine and that says nowt about paying them for anything.

You have to understand they tell lies to make money out of the gullible and uninformed. dont be in those groups and learn a bit about contract law as it is not about parking at all

I’ve looked it up but finding myself still confused after reading them. I’m not very good with legal stuff. 

on the check in machine, after entering the vehicle registration I think there is a warning about ensuring the detail is correct or I might be fined. I’ll take a pic of that when I go in again. 

so it’s ok to ignore the PCN for now? what is the likely next step by PE? debt recovery?

thanks. 

It's not a fine and if they do try court you defend and win, you could sue them for the cash you already paid them others will be along with advice as well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

re check in machine

- if it tells you somehting after you enter your details then that isnt a fair contract either as you cant have considered it before pressing the button.

Why are you so keen on setting yourself up to fail rather than learning how to defeat these bandits?

Do nothing and say nothing until you get a lba from them but in the meanwhile read and read some more on the subject of these issues.

Start with a couple of hundred of the threads on here and then read a few years wrth of the Parking Pranksters blogs and you will then understand why we urge peopel to fight rather than give up and pay up. i

t is a very rare charge that is actually legal

• 5 weeks later...

So out of the 5 PCN I paid for two before I came to this forum for advice. I accepted that. received more letters from PE for 3 unpaid ones asking for full £100 each which I ignored

now I have received a letter from Equita debt collection for £170 (see attached). that’s for 1 PCN. I am expecting 2 more. Equita is threatening court action. 

so I understand the advice is to not engage until I get LBA. only issue is I am expecting to move out to a different address in coming months. How do I make sure that I don’t get 3x CCJs for missed LBA(s)? 

Thanks. 

Debt collection 1.pdf

you write to PE informing them of your address change WHEN you know you are safety be moved in and will get mail

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no PE ignore equita they are a DCA in this guise

and they

They might use their letterhead that indicates they are bailiffs, they are the ones many Councils which are infested by a Capita Revenue office outsource to Enforce on Council tax Liability Orders. but here they are merely DCA with no more power than a dead battery.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...