Landlord applying for warrant but i have a valid gas safety certificate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

i have a valid gas safety certificate until November the 3rd 2018.

my landlord(local council) uses a heating company for the gas safety check,... they are being very overzealous and have been calling to do an 'ANNUAL' gas safety inspection since the beginning of August...this seems very strange as its 3 months early and they know it expires in November.??

I have came home and received calling cards when I have been out and on one occasion a calling card was left when i was on holiday...as it was August.

today i received a letter from the council saying they are taking me to court to apply for a 'warrant to authorise entry'?

I would like to know if i can attend the court hearing (to show the certificate) and also can they do this with a valid gas safety certificate in force?

thanks,

Sonia.

why not ring the council and sort it out....

they are your LL and have to ensure safety..why is this a problem not to engage them but ignore them??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with DX - I think this is rather odd from your side here.

I wouldnt have an issue with the Gas Safety Cert being done as it is a legal requirement when renting a property etc.

Even if it is Nov... Its only 4 weeks away and doing it 3 months in advance to extend the validity of the Cert is perfectly legal. You should agree to do this with them.

Probably not what you want to hear - However we are in the business of offering help as best we can.

They are legal liable to make sure they have a valid Gas Certificate in place at all times. Allowing it to lapse can be very dangerous and also have legal implications.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

a bit odd from my side?? what? and you dont think its odd that they are taking me to court with a certificate in force?? thats strange from them and you!

i also know its a legal requirement, i havent ignored them (your assuming i have), im not disagreeing with them etc etc so lets put all your incorrect assumptions to one side which are irrelevant to my question because its not really what i asked....but ..the council are meant to be re-arranging a service call nearer the date...but instead sent this letter...i'm baffled.

all i need is factual information on the above 2 points.

so i thought if they want to take me to court i'd go and show them the certificate...so is there a way to attend as it doesnt say on the letter?

Edited by sonia_p76

also it wouldnt 'extend the validity' of the certificate...in fact it would shorten it...if its due in nov 2018 and they done it in aug 2018 it would expire aug 2019 not nov 2019...then if they done it 3 months early again...in may 2019 it would expire may 2020..and so on and so on...thats not annually!

also it hasnt lapsed? i wouldnt let it lapse...thats also irrelevant...so i dont know why you would say that..can we stay on topic?

Edited by sonia_p76

When did you move it?why have you had to pay for your own one?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In not it...sorry

Why have you had to get GSC done..not your problem

and they

In not it...sorry

Why have you had to get GSC done..not your problem

i havent had to..this is what i cant work out..they came nov 3rd 2017 and gave the certificate to me (lasts 12months)....then came beginning of august 2018 unannounced (on holiday) and then they rebooked it at beginning of sept without asking me(was out when they came) ...now today i received a letter saying they are taking me to court to gain access ..court date beginning of october..but on the court date the GSC will still be valid for another month until 3rd november...crazy?!

i could understand it if it had expired.

Edited by sonia_p76

thanks that makes more sense now.

it read that you had gotten one yourself.

its just a mix up if you like

they always came early with me, it doesn't really matter if they do or don't overlap.

it just the way the contracts with whomever they franchise out to their services operate.

jusr ring then up. [ the council]

explain whats gone on, they wont really care what it was [away, budgie died etc]

just that the timing was inappropriate for you.

though if I remember rightly I got a letter that gave a time window you ranf up the franchiser and booked it with them.

probably find the council didn't sent out a letter or something.

don't worry about the warrant stuff, its hot air

they are wrongly assume you are/have purposefully avoided the test.

should sort itself out on Monday when you ring.

and they

Hi

Have to agree it is better to contact the Council to explain what has happened and simply arrange an inspection.

What you need to remember is the Council or not just trying to get your property Gas Safety Compliant but numerous properties before the expiry of the previous certificate.

1. Look at what your Tenancy Agreement Says on Gas Safety.

2. Check the Councils Website for the Gas Safety Policy.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

How do you the application for writ to enter relates to GSC inspection?

Have you previously denied access to the property for any reason?

GSCs can now be conducted up to 1 month prior to GSC expiry and retain the last expiry date.

(similar to MOT test)

My gas safe registered guy on Friday told me that landlords have 30 days from expiry of previous certificate to have the inspection done.

In fact he said that many local authorities use this rule to have the inspection done every 13 months (Or just short of it) , thus gaining one inspection every 12 years or so.

He seemed certain of it.