style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Paper presented to Parliament 12 months ago says:-

"As the UK leaves the European Union (EU) and we bring free movement to an end, different rules to the current ones must apply to migration here by EU citizens. We will take full control of migration by bringing all of it under UK law and institute a new border and immigration system, to serve the UK public and the economy, and to enable those who come to the UK to integrate and make a positive contribution. Everyone will be required to obtain a permission if they want to come to the UK and to work or study here. This does not mean there will be no immigration – as we take full control, we will continue to welcome law-abiding people from around the world who help make the UK a diverse society and dynamic economy. But the end of free movement gives us an opportunity to reset the conversation on migration." 

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

It wasn't what was in that post - I deleted the stuff that it 'remembered' as i had re-typed it

Seems to happen when you are trying to quote from other pages - why Idon't normally bother anymore.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

2 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

Most EU railways are part owned or subsidised heavily by their governments, but in 2023 the Forth rail package comes into force which will force those governments to replace some of the routes with private ones.

The fourth package is intended to reduce state subsidies and empower state regulators and universal quality standards

and open up the market

.. a process which given the lack of proper regulation has failed miserably in the UK

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Hopefully the fourth will make it better for them ...

We'll be stuck with the same old ... s...ame old

LOL

Time for family

Happy new year to everyone ....

The Tory Legacy

18 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

The present franchise system in the UK has definitely failed.

I guess that depends on where you live and which franchise you used. Living in the midlands, Cross country (DB) we’re generally good, Virgin West coat was good while London Midland was beset with problems on its cross city route in Birmingham with lack of capacity and cancelled services. The new operators have fared little better. 

Northern (Arriva)  seem ok around Manchesterbut further north and in Yorkshire are dire. 

All these companies make profit which goes to shareholders while the state picks up the cost of network rail. Seems wrong to me

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

TJ 

I said or because for example , you might be in the position of have a skill a particular firm wants but can not fill the vacancy but it is not enough to score you the required number of points. 

The start of a new decade outside Europe with a determined government and real power, so here's to you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Britain can do this, you'll see.

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

I wish I shared your optimism. The £ is still struggling and foreign holidays are going to be expensive.

I think negotiations are going to go very badly with Europe and they're already talking about an extension. If we go in with the same attitude as last time, it's going to be very slow or we crash out with a disastrous no deal Brexit and wreck the economy.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Lets hope some common sense comes in, EEA/EFTA is best way to exit,  but Johnson talks of Brexit as an Event not the long process it is.   Johnson seems fixated on stitching stuff up with Trumpster rather  than being serious about EU links.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1 hour ago, Maharg1 said:

The start of a new decade outside Europe with a determined government and real power, so here's to you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Britain can do this, you'll see.

I hope you are right I truly do but not only do I share HB’s concerns I also fear for the many. Post 1979 Conservative governments do not have a good record on Social Policy such as education, the NHS . One by one they will knock down the protections against the five giants 

Edited by fletch70
Clarification

Daniel Hannan hit the nail on the head  -

Freedom includes the freedom to fail. We could become a Singapore, or we could become a Venezuela – or we could become somewhere in between the two, and that will be our decision. That’s the great thing about responsibility as an electorate, that I would rather live in a country where people are free to make mistakes than live in a country where officials who are immune to public opinion tell me what I’m allowed to choose.

I’ve a good feeling about this decade, we have a good Prime Minister and a new Government one that has the strength to get things done and not have to argue the point with the very left wing Labour party.

Of course we won’t always agree with what they do but we will be free to make our choices and can now forget the continual arguments about remain or leave which has ripped this country apart, we will at last obey the voice of the people, all pull together and make this country great again.

This country has been great for many years. It is thanks to the EU we got out of the mess of the early 80’s. In the north and midlands there are countless projects funded in part by the EU.  We didn’t need to leave the EU which only makes ya stronger imho. 

I am not sure about a good PM. Being a proven liar and buffoon are not great qualities for a man to lead the country. 

The EU aren't funding anything except their own pockets, that is just pennies of the £billions we pay into them being returned.

12 minutes ago, fletch70 said:

I am not sure about a good PM. Being a proven liar and buffoon are not great qualities for a man to lead the country. 

Ok, lets list these lie accustions  that are continually bandied around ????

9 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

Ok, lets list these lie accustions  that are continually bandied around ????

Well, he was sacked once from the cabinet for lying?  Just last year the telegraph had to print a retraction because he made something up...

40 new hospitals

350 million a week

Regulation in shape of bananas

I don’t comment on other people’s children 

Labour would immediately have the highest rate of corporation tax in Europe 

All the above have been shown to be lies and there are so many more

Oh and I forgot about being dead in a ditch but we can’t have everything 

1 minute ago, Maharg1 said:

That's general talk, lets actually list the lies he has told ??

Mate, it's new years day.  Do I have to go through the news articles and link them here for you.

A recent one - 350 million per week for the NHS, which wasn't true.

Saying there would be no customs checks in Northern Ireland with his deal, even though there would have to be.

What about the lie he told his wife?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks