• Tweets

• we have known for a very very long time that 9/10 the OC never knows IRRWW are chasing debtors nor  in some cases even taking money from them that the OC never ever see!! IDRWW pockets it -  free money - lets all go on a staff holiday. there was an article some years back whereby that quoted some +£4M debtors had paid to IDRWW on UAE debts that when contacted the originating banks knew nothing about....😎  
    • let the ombudsman do their job. you'll win handsdown you dont obv owe OVO p'haps anything at all.  dont worry about Past Due credit or any other DCA ( THEY ARE NOT BAILIFFS!) as for you being added to the debt, thats quite OK, you were a resident adult and equally liable under law. once you start getting things moving via the  ombudsman dont forget to get your credit files cleansed of any negative data & seek compensation for distress etc, again the  ombudsman should sort both out for you. as you are now NOT a customer of OVO, there is very very little they can do to you now.  
    • A question - did you use the supermarket or the restaurant? I see the restrictions are different. Sign.pdf
    • DN is ok DCA NOA is ok, though not one from Newday saying they've sold it. agreement states esigned on a sunday at 11am?? really??  but no typed names or tick box nor any IP address used. if the date is correct then poss ok, it that your correct address for that time of take out? but if not, then that could simply be a copy of someone elses they've used with you details copy'n'pasted over theirs. the agreement details separate T&C's in at least 8.4. a full set of T&C containing your correct address for the time MUST be included. failure renders the agreement unenforceable... have you the T&C's too? dx
    • Npower and Scottish Power and others have always had regulations that require them to treat customers fairly - the threads here and my experiences demonstrate that those regs are little more than useless.   Even Octopus recently spent month after month saying they needed to increase my monthly payments despite my credit balance slowly going up TWICE I had to reset it online back to prior payment as they unilaterally increased it unilaterally. Raised formal complaint and they than said i was paying too much and reduced the payment, again without my agreement, although that time at least they told me they were doing it.   .. and Octopus has been one of the better ones.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Jase1982 said:

😂 are you aware I'm not fletch, or have you been on the vino early celebrating new years... you seem to get fletch and myself conflated with eachother quite a bit...

I did refer 'you two' so that a poor avoidance tactic you (two) are using

I ask these questions of both but refer to the one I quote.

13 minutes ago, Jase1982 said:

so open door seems ok to me. 

Thanks for a looooong overdue straightish answer (from 13th Nov)

so now,

How do you prioritise nurses over nutters and job seekers over jihadists with an open door policy?

Fletch was was also asking about those people we need - after miss interpreting my stance, and mis-interpreting the impact of the Corbinite policy he was trying to promote.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

and just in case ANYONE thinks I am anti-immigrant, I think I have probably put up the most detailed justification for the benefits of migrant and immigrant workers of ANYONE in the Brexit threads.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

Its bad enough searching back 10 pages, let alone hundreds in multiple Brexit threads HB

but i might give it a go.

Rather pointless I think though

The Tory Legacy

34 minutes ago, Jase1982 said:

😂 are you aware I'm not fletch, or have you been on the vino early celebrating new years... you seem to get fletch and myself conflated with eachother quite a bit...

and I quoted YOUR post from the start of me asking YOU

Fletch joined in supporting YOUR avoidance of answering

The Tory Legacy

6 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

TJ, please let's not get into a discussion of sockpuppets. A far as I know, Jason and fletch aren't the same person.

This is pointless, let's keep on topic please.

I'm not accusing them of being the same person, just largely the same beliefs with the same questions to answer.

The post above yours should be read literally.

and the referred quote I refreshed

... actually doesnt link properly its

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

6 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

and I quoted YOUR post from the start of me asking YOU

Fletch joined in supporting YOUR avoidance of answering

Your favourite uncle Jeremy avoided answering every question he was ever asked

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

43 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

so now,

How do you prioritise nurses over nutters and job seekers over jihadists with an open door policy?

Fletch was was also asking about those people we need - after miss interpreting my stance, and mis-interpreting the impact of the Corbinite policy he was trying to promote.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Prioritise - that's an easy one A Points Based System

This will be a system where it is workers' skills that matter, not which country they come from. It will be a single system that welcomes talent, hard work, and the skills we need as a country.

• Like 1

Life is so much better and happier as an Optimist than a boring depressed Pessimist

7 minutes ago, Maharg1 said:

Prioritise - that's an easy one A Points Based System

This will be a system where it is workers' skills that matter, not which country they come from. It will be a single system that welcomes talent, hard work, and the skills we need as a country.

I do absolutely agree with that, and when we were part of the EU - even that was UN-necessary

but we are asking about the labour policy which given the strength of feeling of the referendum was quite likely the final nail in Corbyn Labours chances, despite that policy actually being detrimental to the needs of the nation and other Labour policies in a number of ways - including prioritising getting the skills and labour (migratory or otherwise) we need to rebuild our services after a decade of Tory cuts

... and it will undoubtedly remain a solid nail in the coffin of Labours chances unless its revised.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Labour has five glorious and uninterupted years to get their act together.  They can no longer challenge the government even

as a parliamentry party and I can't think of one of them I would promote to leader.

TJ

Did you actually read the manifesto as listed in the Guardian, probably not. 

It offered £10 minimum wage 

It was vague on immigration because they had plans for staying in the single market but nowhere did it mention universal free movement. They did vow to remove the minimum income that prohibits nurses etc from non eu countries coming here. 

We absolutely rely on immigration for many services and trades, funny thing is it is always polish builder/plumber stories we here not African or Asian. It is sad we live in such a racist country where people are openly hostile to non uk born people ( unless they happen to be their GP or nurse) . That is a bit like it was with LGBT people back in the day. 

I also do not see a mention of immediate benefits , mind that is hardly a life of luxury is it- subsistence. They did promise to do away with food banks but that’s different. 

Final point- I do not think I misinterpreted what you said although you might not have said what you intended. I am probably guilty of not fleshing out my thoughts and evidence but would you read a 4000 word essay?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The expected boundary changes could well put the Tory majority above 100,

and Corbyn candidates and advisor's could well reduce the Labour count in by-elections and local elections.

and yes, I read the summary manifesto, which does not change the parties intended policies as quite clearly stated

.. despite corbyn quite likely not doing whatever he doen't like - like supporting remain - but unlike supporting radicals.

You might call the immigration issue racist, and for some it undoubtedly is,

but far less than you seem to be inferring IMO and experience fletch, depends on the area you live and the people around you I suppose,

and regarding immediate benefits - look again. I'm not posting the quotes again for you to chose to see something else.

and neither you nor jase have answered that crucial question of how Labours stated immigration policies, open door or otherwise, allows the prioritisation of those people YOU quoted, and I think we all agree we desperately need?

- Let alone how it prevents undesirables - and yes there are undesirables here and elsewhere. and we may (CVrightly) be stuck with our own undesirables, but that doesn't mean we should be stuck with everyone elses.

Jase seems to think that the undesirables are people too so should be welcomed

- I may agree they are people but don't believe they should be welcomed any more than I would welcome a WASP or any other arsehole into my home and life

- let alone my more extreme (but very relevent) example case of 50-60,000 displaced non-turkish ISIS.

Tip of the iceberg of Corbyn issues though.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I doubt Corbyn was a true remoaner, he wanted to nationalise the railways, that is something the EU which requires governments to open up train services to the markets, wouldn't allow.

Edited by Maharg1

2 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I think I said recently that French railways, SNCF, is owned by the French government, as an example.

Exactly, one rule for them and one for us - roll on Jan 31st

@HB

I didnt bother answering that troll post as we already addressed it in detail.

Corbyn presumably wants to nationalise in a way which would weapon-ise the national industries to undermine private industry in a tax payer supported way.

About the only thing I can think of which would generate a response from a complaint to the ECJ as detailed not much earlier in the thread.

and no, I cant be bothered to link it, but it includes a linked example of the extremes necessary -  which probably no-one read.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Does anyone have a detailed plan of how to manage migration? Is it a points system or should it be an invitation system ( the employer gets the visa for you) 

I understand the taking railways back into public ownership would be done by not renewing the franchise and therefore the state getting profits not shareholders. 

From Jan 31st we will be in transition, still in the single market etc 

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

10 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I think I said recently that French railways, SNCF, is owned by the French government, as an example.

Most EU railways are part owned or subsidised heavily by their governments, but in 2023 the Forth rail package comes into force which will force those governments to replace some of the routes with private ones.

LOL just had a lost part typed reply to an earlier post pop up in this response - which 'vanished' while I was typing it

The EU courts will apply to

1 minute ago, fletch70 said:

Does anyone have a detailed plan of how to manage migration? Is it a points system or should it be an invitation system ( the employer gets the visa for you) 

why 'or'?

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks