• Tweets

• Ok i think we may have the issue, so its been just over 6 months since i was banned and when i defended the case and it should have been rescinded. I have just spoken to the courts, and they informed the DVLA that the ban should have been overturned. Now you need to reapply for your license when you have been banned, and they give a window of 45 days i believe after it has expired. The dates add up, what i think has happened is that my details have been removed from the system because i was banned for 6 months (when i shouldn't have been) and the additional days on top. If this is the case then i surely i can sue these idiots until the cows come home, i have been driving whilst banned (again when i shouldn't have been)  and this can affect my job, imagine i had been pulled over with my son in the car, they would have just arrested me and not listened to a word of my story.  
    • First thing to do is what the the DVLA website extract says - write to the Central Casework Group with full details of your licence, adding that you spoke to DVLA call centre xx/xx/xxxx and they told you they couldn't see the details either.  Get proof of posting. Are you in physical possession of your Driving Licence Photocard? And the card shows it is still current? If so include a photocopy of it when you write to DVLA. There's no reason for you to assume that the licence has been cancelled or that you have been banned. Just some IT problem at DVLA. I wouldn't go into all the stuff about your court case last year. There's no evidence that the current glitch in the DVLA system is anything to do with it and it will just muddy the waters.  Most comparision sites ask for your licence number. You can get quotes without the licence being checked but when you take up an insurer's quote they then check your licence number against the DVLA website to make sure it is valid and to check if any Points for motoring offences are recorded. If you are unable to access your licence details on DVLA then insurers won't be able to either so they will refuse to proceed and cancel their quote. 
    • How about posting the full email, rather than just the bits you want us to see??
    • Hi Folks,   Thank you for your help so far. Please find below the correspondence so far from various parties. If I've missed anything, please let me know. Again, apologies for not posting the correct stuff. I thought I'd lost it all, turns out it was on a rarely used pc Letter advising of change of address will be posted shortly, with proof of posting not tracked. Buncrana 1 Edited Notice To Keeper ECP.pdf 2 ECP Back of PCN.pdf 3 DRP Edited 25012021.docx 4 DRP Back of letter.docx 5 POPLA Appeal redacted.pdf 6 DCBL 30:04:24 Redacted.pdf ESSO Cobham Signage.pdf
    • Thanks just looked at SARequest It wouldn’t make ebay have to say why they suspended me. all their email said was that it was related to buying activity. But under that bike buying activity there are about five different reasons why it could’ve been. But they haven’t specified which of these five reasons it was.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Callum, please can you tell us with a simple yes or no answer if you received a letter from the Defendant telling you that your PI claim was statute barred already like they claim in their Defence?

This is very important to your appeal.

Not that i can recall.

I received little bit no correspondence from the solicitor if i am being honest.

Once i made the formal complaint against him his secretary would email what he was stating which again was not very much.

Not that i can recall.

I received little bit no correspondence from the solicitor if i am being honest.

Once i made the formal complaint against him his secretary would email what he was stating which again was not very much.

You'll need to do better than "not that I can recall" if you get your appeal.

If the other side produce copies of letters they claim they sent you then it's likely that the Court would believe that on the balance of probability they were sent.

If the other side can so that they sent you letters or emails advising you that your claim was already statute barred then that is your main negligence claim gone.

All you would be left with is your complaint about them being slow to act which wouldn't constitute professional negligence.

You might be getting confused as you can either include an injury claim under the disrepair protocol or you can make a separate injury claim under the personal injury protocol.

If they were including the injury claim under the disrepair protocol then the correct procedure would be to obtain copies of your medical records to prove your injury.

Nothing wrong with what they did there.

Chronology of PI claim.

29/0913 Initial details taking from the client with reference to the fact that the client suffered PI as a result of the disrepair May 2010. (this was the only meeting )

9 Months later-

18/06/2014 The client is advised that in relation to his PI claim (2110) limitation has expired.

02/07/2014 Solicitor chased Council for PI compensation.

29/07/2014 Solicitor advises Council that their offer is to low and reiterate that the client seeks repair of the lean-to as well as damages for PI detailed in their letter sent to Council on 02/07/2014

10/09/2014 Solicitor ask client for evidence from GP in respect of injuries sustained in 2010 which the client pays £50 for medical records to be released and considered by solicitor.

01/10/2014 Solicitor advises the Council that the offer of compensation is to low and not enough giving the injuries and stress.

02/10/2014 Council say that they have not received evidence of general damages or schedule of special damages but increase their offer.

03/11/2014 Solicitor advises client that the client needs to obtain evidence from his GP and state that in order to get around the limitation issue the Court have the discretion to dis-apply the 3 year limitation.

08/12/2014 Solicitors send Council copies of the clients GP and hospital records and argues that whilst three years has passed the Court would be no doubt sympathetic in applying the extension of time.

Thank you that is very useful.

Can you show us exactly what those last two letters say? (03/11/2014 and 08/12/2014).

It may be well just be posturing from your solicitor to the Council hoping that if they bluff the council will back down and make a better offer.

Again i would ask what would be the standard of procedure that a solicitor would have to comply with in order to claim any legal funding from the Legal Aid under the Legal Help at Court scheme.

Would a request for payment be made once the funds had been exhausted, a yes or no would be very helpful if someone can enlighten me.

Can you show us exactly what those last two letters say? (03/11/2014 and 08/12/2014).

It may be well just be posturing from your solicitor to the Council hoping that if they bluff the council will back down and make a better offer.

Lol, posturing.

That's how litigation works.

What being armed with evidence and medical evidence and not making a two minute application for the limitation on a PI claim to be merely extended which was what the evidence now quite clearly shows was the course of action he should could and would have succeeded in had he been in a position to do that.

Clearly and as with the other applications that his missed whilst representing me the client, had he had a legitimate contract in place he could have done so much more, he made the choices not me.

So the myth that about the limitation has also now been put to bed.

Its a shame the judge who through the case out did not want to consider this evidence that he refused to even consider.

Like i have always maintained my one year old granddaughter could have got this claim struck out, if you are only motivated in considering one parties argument there can only be one outcome.

It is not clever it is just a few little people abusing what little authority they have been giving.

Miscarriage of justice, anyone ever been a victim of this

Lol, posturing.

That's how litigation works.

Absolutely.

The solicitor knows the council can use the statute bar as an absolute defence, and that the court MIGHT disapply it, not WILL disapply it.

They try and apply pressure in the council by saying "would be no doubt sympathetic in applying the extension of time."

They know the court likely won't allow the disapplication of the statute bar but want to remind the Council of the possibility (and that they tried to get the council to settle), as a tactical move.

It seems the OP wants to find fault, even when they were trying to ensure the OP got something, not nothing.

What being armed with evidence and medical evidence and not making a two minute application for the limitation on a PI claim to be merely extended which was what the evidence now quite clearly shows was the course of action he should could and would have succeeded in had he been in a position to do that.

Clearly and as with the other applications that his missed whilst representing me the client, had he had a legitimate contract in place he could have done so much more, he made the choices not me.

With the fact you had commenced a PI claim and it had been struck out, it is highly unlikely you would have been allowed to have the statute bar disapplied.

An application for relief from sanctions and to disapply the limitation period under section 33 is nowhere near a two minute application. It is a long, complicated application and it would have almost certainly resulted in an adverse costs order against you if it had succeed, which I don't think it would have.

It's a red herring anyway as you had already issued you PI and had it struck out so the application wouldn't be to disapply the limitation period anyway, it would be to set aside the strike out and reinstate your claim. This would have been even less likely to succeed in my opinion.

The only realistic choice your solicitor had was to try and include your injury claim within the disrepair protocol.

So the myth that about the limitation has also now been put to bed.

Its a shame the judge who through the case out did not want to consider this evidence that he refused to even consider.

Like i have always maintained my one year old granddaughter could have got this claim struck out, if you are only motivated in considering one parties argument there can only be one outcome.

It is not clever it is just a few little people abusing what little authority they have been giving.

Miscarriage of justice, anyone ever been a victim of this

There is no myth and nothing has been put to bed at all, quite the opposite in fact.

The limitation period is strictly enforced and it is very, very difficult to get around with the Court.

But as I said previously, it's a red herring as the correct procedure would be to apply to reinstate your stuck out claim.

A section 33 application isn't relevant here.

Not that i can recall.

Earlier in the thread you mention several items of correspondence from the solicitor,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462017-Solicitor-negligence-claim&p=4924732&viewfull=1#post4924732

"I have gone through all the emails received and two there are two that stand out.

The first one states we await legal aid before we can continue with your case, and on the refusal of legal aid, we do not do conditional fee agreements for this type of work!!!! as has been suggested by Legal Aid to us."

Despite asking several times, you have yet to reveal the contents of the second that 'stood out'.

Please Callum, you can only be helped if you provide the information asked - regardless of whether you think it is relevant or not, it all has to be taken into account. Just like the complate defence that the solicitor filed, which are still waiting for (paragraphs 15 onwards).

Whilst letters can be considered "compelling", emails complete with the full email header can be more so, as they demonstrate the date and time of sending. Please, post up the remainder of the defence, and other relevant emails.

There is no myth and nothing has been put to bed at all, quite the opposite in fact.

The limitation period is strictly enforced and it is very, very difficult to get around with the Court.

But as I said previously, it's a red herring as the correct procedure would be to apply to reinstate your stuck out claim.

A section 33 application isn't relevant here.

But it can be enforced GM SECTION 33.

As could an application to reinstate the claim.

The case has be thrown out as in any event it would be status barred that's what the other-side and others have claimed on this thread.

The chronology of facts shows (a) the solicitor was aware of Section 33 and has clearly stated to the Council this course of action was viable, to claim that this was a red-hearing because they did not got go after the correct application to either extend the limitation or to re-instate the claim makes no sense.

Or are you now of the opinion that because the solicitors own evidence would now demonstrate a Section 33 could have been applied for you are now highlighting that it matters not because in any event they went after the wrong order because the latter of the two applications was the only way forward?

The solicitor mentions the section 33 to try to apply pressure on the council, but knows it is only a theoretical possibility, and won't actually happen in real life. So, it isn't "a red herring" but a tactical ploy to try to get the best outcome for you.

If the council ignore it (knowing it is an empty threat) or reply "we don't share your confidence in the court agreeing, so make that application if you want to" ; you've not lost anything.

So, it was a valid tactical ploy, but doesn't mean S.33 had any chance of being used to disapply the statute bar : trying to use it to claim that you WOULD have had the bar disapplied wouldn't pass muster in court.

You also COULD have applied to have the strike out set-aside, but again : due to the time elapsed no realistic prospect of success.

But it can be enforced GM SECTION 33.

As could an application to reinstate the claim.

The case has be thrown out as in any event it would be status barred that's what the other-side and others have claimed on this thread.

The chronology of facts shows (a) the solicitor was aware of Section 33 and has clearly stated to the Council this course of action was viable, to claim that this was a red-hearing because they did not got go after the correct application to either extend the limitation or to re-instate the claim makes no sense.

Or are you now of the opinion that because the solicitors own evidence would now demonstrate a Section 33 could have been applied for you are now highlighting that it matters not because in any event they went after the wrong order because the latter of the two applications was the only way forward?

No it can't, what are you basing this on?

It's yet more nonsense and faux legal speak.

The chronology of facts as you put it shows absolutely nothing. That your solicitor tried to bluff the Council by threatening a section 33 application is not evidence of anything, especially not that the Court would allow any such application (it wouldn't).

The solicitor could have told the council that the moon was made of cheese, it wouldn't be evidence that it was or make it true.

No it can't, what are you basing this on?

It's yet more nonsense and faux legal speak.

The chronology of facts as you put it shows absolutely nothing. That your solicitor tried to bluff the Council by threatening a section 33 application is not evidence of anything, especially not that the Court would allow any such application (it wouldn't).

The solicitor could have told the council that the moon was made of cheese, it wouldn't be evidence that it was or make it true.

Go on then, i have giving reasons and why the solicitor was in evidence advocating and with good reason section 33, the red herring theory is just that, a myth and another excuse, you tell me why neither applications were applied including the one that puffed and chipped away from the original application because the solicitor was that clever that he deflected and ignored following correct procedure because he failed not once but twice.

And he still made a profit:lol:, a fraud and not a very good one tbh.

Go on then, i have giving reasons and why the solicitor was in evidence advocating and with good reason section 33, the red herring theory is just that, a myth and another excuse, you tell me why neither applications were applied including the one that puffed and chipped away from the original application because the solicitor was hat clever that he deflected and ignored following correct procedure because he failed not once but twice.

And he still made a profit:lol:

This is gobbledygook and doesn't even make sense. You haven't given any reasons at all.

A section 33 application would not have been the correct application to make (you should have appealed/set aside your strike out). Even if it was then the Court would not allow it after such a long time. Despite what you think the limitation period is strictly enforced by the Court.

I assume that you didn't tell the solicitor that you had already made a PI claim that was struck out. However, even if you did then Bazza has already explained that threatening the council with a section 33 application was just tactics and a bluff.

The solicitor mentions the section 33 to try to apply pressure on the council, but knows it is only a theoretical possibility, and won't actually happen in real life. So, it isn't "a red herring" but a tactical ploy to try to get the best outcome for you.

If the council ignore it (knowing it is an empty threat) or reply "we don't share your confidence in the court agreeing, so make that application if you want to" ; you've not lost anything.

So, it was a valid tactical ploy, but doesn't mean S.33 had any chance of being used to disapply the statute bar : trying to use it to claim that you WOULD have had the bar disapplied wouldn't pass muster in court.

You also COULD have applied to have the strike out set-aside, but again : due to the time elapsed no realistic prospect of success.

And pigs will fly as well, as per norm ifs buts and just maybe's, BUT NO REAL SUBSTANCE.

This is gobbledygook and doesn't even make sense. You haven't given any reasons at all.

A section 33 application would not have been the correct application to make (you should have appealed/set aside your strike out). Even if it was then the Court would not allow it after such a long time. Despite what you think the limitation period is strictly enforced by the Court.

I assume that you didn't tell the solicitor that you had already made a PI claim that was struck out. However, even if you did then Bazza has already explained that threatening the council with a section 33 application was just tactics and a bluff.

OK i get it because Bazza says it was just a bluff lol, it must be true and set in stone, if only.

And why are you assuming again it is much easier to deal in fact rather than keep assuming but on the other hand we will just rely on the assumption that section 33 was JUST TACTICS AND ONE BIG BLUFF

Still this must be true about the tactics and not forgetting the bluff the solicitor is a professional when it comes to this, PREMIERE LEAGUE standard.

He is that good at it that those representing him are blessed with the same enigma, bluffing the last judge (cougth) or wannabee judge that never will.

The only one with little substance to their argument is you.

Bazza is telling you how it is.

What the same Bazza who before today saying that the claim was status barred but now has suddenly decided on the fact of evidence that hold on the claim was not just status barred the solicitor was merely bluffing, lol, you could not make it up Gn.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks