• Tweets

• next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
    • Hi,   I am not sure if I posted this already here but I don't think I did. I attach a judgement that raises very interesting points IMO. Essentially EVRi did their usual non attendance that we normally see, however the judge (for the first time I've seen in these threads) dismissed the notice and awarded me judgement by default because their notice misses the "confirmation of compliance" paragraph. in and out in 3 minutes (aside from the chat at the end with the judge about his problems with evri) Redacted - evri CPR loss.pdf
    • Just to update this. I did apply to strikeout and they did not attend the hearing. I won by defualt and the hearing lasted 5 minutes (court only allocated 15). The judge simply explained that the only matter he was really considering is if the Defendant could have any oral evidence to defend the claim. However he said he had decided that based on their defence, and their misunderstanding of law, and their non attendence he did not think they had any reasonsable chance so he awarded me SJ + Costs on the claim form + the strikeout fee. Luckily when I sent the defendant the order I woke up the next day to a wire trasnfer for the full sum of the judgement
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who is claiming victory, i have not suffered a loss at all, quite the reverse.

The other-side have now played all their cards, and took all those risks, this time, in court.

Again, you have mis-read, the barrister went the colours of the rainbow when he knew the application was to be considered, and not after it was consider, do keep up.

If you haven't suffered a loss, how would you describe having your case struck out?.

I got that you described the other side's barrister's face at time of hearing your application was to be considered, hence me asking about "a few moments later" '(when they heard the application was dismissed), and also later when your case was struck out.

Neither are cause for sadness or concern for the barrister as they were winning!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you a question, requesting a case being moved because the two parties share the same post-code, i would call that a lottery, and most certainly not in the interest of justice.

Previously answered. It is one factor, for the costs reasons previously stated.

You don't know that this was the only reason considered by the court.

I've already suggested others that might have had an impact.

If you didn't argue your submission adequately: Tough!

It is an adversarial process ; if they were better at it than you - you should have listened to the advice, got a CFA, and let the solicitor who you claim told you you had a good case run it for you.

Were the issues that complex though?

From what I read, the solicitors were instructed on a housing repair matter, you asked them to reserve your position to make a connected PI claim. Unclear whether or not they did this, but either way, the limitation period for the PI claim was missed hence your allegation of professional negligence. They are disputing they were negligent in not issuing the PI claim by saying they weren't instructed to do that.

Am I oversimplifying?

The fraud allegation was baffling tbh...

But they were instructed to do that, but they decided to deny that, like the council did with the disrepair for a number of years.

If they had admitted what they had done from the start, all the other matters including alleging fraud would not have surfaced.

They dug their heels in, and so have i.

They have had ample opportunity to show where the funding came from to represent me, if that funding was never there for a contract, which now seems to be the case, they should not have represented me because there was no motivation or desire to represent me on a standard a client would expect from a solicitor, and the most probable reason why the instructions were ignored.

They were entrusted to look after me and my family by Shelter, they acted the complete opposite, but were paid handsomely to do the complete opposite.

If if is ok for a solicitor or any other profession without a legitimate contract as to protect both parties, and this is accepted as being par for the course, those who accept this, have every right to accept this, but those who don't be criticised if they have a right to object, that is all i am doing.

By the way if this is right, I would have been tempted (depending how out of time you were) to find solicitors prepared to issue the PI claim out of time and apply to exclude the limitation period under s33 Limitation Act. Easier to have the limitation argument at Court against the Council, rather than the professional negligence argument at Court against your solicitors/their insurers.

I know, hindsight is a wonderful thing...

I did SV, I got a solicitor and a barrister to go after the Council, but the terms of the agreement and the fact that the solicitor failed to reserve that right, ultimately let the Council off the hook, so to speak.

So the solicitor, not me, said that because of the solicitors actions i have lost any entitlement to claim from the Council, and pointed the finger at my previous solicitor as that reason (professional negligence)

It is not as if i have gone charging in without cause to suspect that solicitor acted negligently, both a solicitor and barrister and after considering the evidence were both adamant, that was the case.

Everyone else who have not had the same benefit to look at the evidence are right, but me and a solicitor and a barrister who have had the benefit of all the facts are all WRONG, work it out mate.

Just looking at the Draft Order for directions, which was agreed by the High Court, as proposed by the Defendants, for a less senior Court/Judge to consider, the claim.

Can someone please explain why my propose directions were not considered?, but the Defendants were accepted.

what were your, and their, draft directions in full. post them up, lets see.

as was posted before (by me as well), transfer can be done on consideration as per the rules/statute linked already posted.

plus yr claim value wasnt above the 'auto' threshold (if memory serves you posed then inflating it).

so, it seems, that the ct was perfectly entitled to transfer it given what was before it at the time. did you object to the transfer when it was ordered?

Previously answered. It is one factor, for the costs reasons previously stated.

You don't know that this was the only reason considered by the court.

I've already suggested others that might have had an impact.

If you didn't argue your submission adequately: Tough!

It is an adversarial process ; if they were better at it than you - you should have listened to the advice, got a CFA, and let the solicitor who you claim told you you had a good case run it for you.

What are you going on about arguing submission, they were no better than me, if the judge wants to bury his head in the sand when told, a five year old would be capable of winning that application, representing them.

Its no mean achievement for a lemon being paid god knows, how much per hour when the judge and the court are doing the work for him, as was the case yesterday.

If you honestly believe that the order gained yesterday was based on evidence or how that evidence was presented, you are on a different planet my friend, and deep down you know how that decision was made, and it had nothing to do with what you are trying to preach, fact.

what were your, and their, draft directions in full. post them up, lets see.

as was posted before (by me as well), transfer can be done on consideration as per the rules/statute linked already posted.

plus yr claim value wasnt above the 'auto' threshold (if memory serves you posed then inflating it).

so, it seems, that the ct was perfectly entitled to transfer it given what was before it at the time. did you object to the transfer when it was ordered?

OK i will put both proposed directions up, please give me an hour.

There is a witness statement also in support of the directions that were also sent.

Would it be easier for me to email all of this over???

OK i will put both proposed directions up, please give me an hour.

There is a witness statement also in support of the directions that were also sent.

Would it be easier for me to email all of this over???

see what site says

for the guys to help fully, you need to post up/answer q's fully rather then seemingly being defensive/vague etc. as others have posted, you potentially have the benefit of good experienced advice here. up to you.

and, re a poss appeal of the hearing (not trial). as the guys have asked/posted, what (do you believe) are your required (substantive and/or procedural) grounds for appealing. and, heed the timelines. keeping in mind any costs consequences.

CLAIMANTS DRAFT ORDER FOR DIRECTIONS

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. ALLOCATION

1.1 THE CLAIM BE ALLOCATED TO MULTI-TRACK

2. COURT ASSIGNED TO DEAL WITH CASE

2.1 HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, QUEENS BENCH DIVISION, CPR 11 4 (a) (b) 5 (a) (b) as for jurisdiction, time barred

3 NOTICE TO ADMIT FACTS

3.1 THE DEFENDANTS DO PROVIDE WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ORDER THE NOTICE TO ADMIT FACTS, AS SERVED

BY THE CLAIMANT UNDER CPR 32.18 DATED 3RD JUNE 2016

4 HEARING ON APPLICATION TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE

4.1 A HEARING BE LISTED OR UNDER THE COURTS OWN INITIATIVE AS TO STRIKE OUT THE DEFENCE, PURSUANT

TO THE DEFENDANTS COMPLYING WITH PARAGRAPH 3 OF THE DIRECTIONS WITH THE CLAIMANTS NOTICE TO

ADMIT FACTS, OF WHICH THE CLAIMANT FEELS ARE OF SIGNIFICANCE AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE

COURT IN ANY EVENT.

SINGED AND DATED BY CLAIMANT / 22ND JUNE 2016.

That was what i sent to the High Court but never heard anything back, i will post the Defendants proposed direction up in a bit.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. ALLOCATION

2.1 HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE, QUEENS BENCH DIVISION, CPR 11 4 (a) (b) 5 (a) (b) as for jurisdiction, time barred

That was what i sent to the High Court but never heard anything back, i will post the Defendants proposed direction up in a bit.

Pure genius.

In 1. you requested multi-track.

Multi-track is County Court : there is no "multi-track" in the High Court. So, you were asking for the County Court.

That may not be what you intended: but it is what you asked for!

In 2. you correctly point out that you the defendant can no longer claim the courts of England and Wales don't have jurisdiction to hear the claim (by your reference to "CPR 11 4 (a) (b) 5 (a) (b) as for jurisdiction, time barred")

That isn't the same as saying "I think the High Court should hear the claim" even if you think that was what you were asking for!

Then again, even if the court managed to work out what you really wanted, where does your submission argue the reasons why the court should follow your view? Is it in a witness statement?? (Since we've not yet seen these!)

So, let's see the defendants submission, and both parties witness statements ; but even if they didn't make any submission, the court could have decided to send it to the multi-track on your submission alone!

Pure genius.

Multi-track is County Court : there is no "multi-track" in the High Court. So, you were asking for the County Court.

I could have phrased that better.

There is no need to say "multi-track" for a High Court case.

By saying "multi track" rather than "High Court" you weren't asking for the High Court per se, and without saying "High Court" you are asking for "County Court, multi-track"

Pure genius.

That may not be what you intended: but it is what you asked for!

In 2. you correctly point out that you the defendant can no longer claim the courts of England and Wales don't have jurisdiction to hear the claim (by your reference to "CPR 11 4 (a) (b) 5 (a) (b) as for jurisdiction, time barred")

That isn't the same as saying "I think the High Court should hear the claim" even if you think that was what you were asking for!

Then again, even if the court managed to work out what you really wanted, where does your submission argue the reasons why the court should follow your view? Is it in a witness statement?? (Since we've not yet seen these!)

So, let's see the defendants submission, and both parties witness statements ; but even if they didn't make any submission, the court could have decided to send it to the multi-track on your submission alone!

No lets deal with the Claimant's submission.

It was ignored, so if the Master was minded to put the case multi-track, why was my submission so wrong, was the Master QC so wrong to bracket the case under those proceedings, or is it yet another case of what you say goes, thoughts?

It was ignored, so if the Master was minded to put the case multi-track, why was my submission so wrong, was the Master QC so wrong to bracket the case under those proceedings, or is it yet another case of what you say goes, thoughts?

See previous.

Your submission wasn't ignored.

In paragraph 1 you asked for multi-track rather than High Court.

They gave you multitrack in the County Court.

You might have thought that in para 2 you were asking for the High Court.

You weren't : you were pointing out that the defendant could no longer challenge the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.

So, whilst you think you were asking for the High Court, you were actually asking for Multi-track, County Court.

Your submission wasn't ignored : it was given what it asked for. The problem is that you got what you asked for - just not what you thought you asked for, which has led you to wrongly believe your submission was ignored.

See previous.

Your submission wasn't ignored.

In paragraph 1 you asked for multi-track rather than High Court.

They gave you multitrack in the County Court.

You might have thought that in para 2 you were asking for the High Court.

You weren't : you were pointing out that the defendant could no longer challenge the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.

So, whilst you think you were asking for the High Court, you were actually asking for Multi-track, County Court.

Your submission wasn't ignored : it was given what it asked for. The problem is that you got what you asked for - just not what you thought you asked for.

Of course it was ignored, if it was not ignored, tut tut, or was the Master QC wrong as to suggest the claim should be multi-track, more to the point was i wrong to advocate what was being ordered by the Master QC. who was wrong ? me, the High Court Judge, or you, you decide:lol:

Of course it was ignored, if it was not ignored, tut tut, or was the Master QC wrong as to suggest the claim should be multi-track, more to the point was i wrong to advocate what was being ordered by the Master QC. who was wrong ? me, the High Court Judge, or you, you decide:lol:

You are funny, i will give you that:-D:-D

OK, then.

Where in your proposed directions do you think you requested the High Court?.

a) Para 1?

b) Para 2?

c) Para's 1 & 2?

d) Some other combination or individual paragraph? (if so, please state it clearly).

Bazza, you sir have the patience of a saint!

I hold my hat off to you.

It's OK, RT, I just like learning from

a) having the errors in my posts pointed out in great detail

b) with insightful legal analysis

c) backed up with references to statute, the CPR, and to case law.

(Can you let me know when that happens to me on this thread, from the OP, though!)

Bazza, you sir have the patience of a saint!

'patience' of a doctor :)

ganymede as well.

callum

it wld be good if you can post up your draft as well. and any statements (as has been asked). can then consider as a whole why you think that the court erred in transferring it to the cty, recalling s40 cty courts act/cpr (PD 29 etc)/courts and legal services act/the order etc, as posted before.

value - not high ct

in the high ct list - prof negligence? did you put that

multitrack - as has been said, cty court can deal with such

nature/complexity/importance... - what was before the ct at the time when deciding, you didnt specify why shld be high in yr draft?

etc

and, i asked before whether you objected at the time to the transfer. you didnt answer, so assume you didnt.

anyway, if you are thinking of appealing, then you need to look at any poss grounds for appealing the J's decision to strike out your claim.

ps, edited

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. ALLOCATION

3 NOTICE TO ADMIT FACTS

3.1 THE DEFENDANTS DO PROVIDE WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ORDER THE NOTICE TO ADMIT FACTS, AS SERVED

BY THE CLAIMANT UNDER CPR 32.18 DATED 3RD JUNE 2016

4 HEARING ON APPLICATION TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE

4.1 A HEARING BE LISTED OR UNDER THE COURTS OWN INITIATIVE AS TO STRIKE OUT THE DEFENCE, PURSUANT

TO THE DEFENDANTS COMPLYING WITH PARAGRAPH 3 OF THE DIRECTIONS WITH THE CLAIMANTS NOTICE TO

ADMIT FACTS, OF WHICH THE CLAIMANT FEELS ARE OF SIGNIFICANCE AND SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BY THE

COURT IN ANY EVENT.

SINGED AND DATED BY CLAIMANT / 22ND JUNE 2016.

ORDER RECEIVED FROM HIGH COURT re

Upon Directions Questionnaires being received by parties and the Court file being referred to Master ? QC

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1) The claim is to be transferred to the County Court sitting in ?(hometown) for case management and if necessary, trial

2) The Claimant is within 28 days to apply to the County Court in ?9hometown) of a case management hearing.

3) Permission to apply - such application is to be made to the County Court

11th July 2016

Upon Directions Questionnaires being received by parties and the Court file being referred to Master ? QC

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1) The claim is to be transferred to the County Court sitting in ?(hometown) for case management and if necessary, trial

2) The Claimant is within 28 days to apply to the County Court in ?hometown) of a case management hearing.

11th July 2016

Fully complied with by the Claimant, but as with all other applications, the Court were only prepared to grant one, the Defendants application to strike out, would have assumed that the Courts and the Judges are obliged as to secure the ends of justice, just considering and thereafter adjudging and throwing the other parties case out on those facts, could be deemed an abuse of process which both parties, and not just one party,! were allowed to implement.

It's OK, RT, I just like learning from

a) having the errors in my posts pointed out in great detail

b) with insightful legal analysis

c) backed up with references to statute, the CPR, and to case law.

(Can you let me know when that happens to me on this thread, from the OP, though!)

Will do..

Fully complied with by the Claimant, but as with all other applications, the Court were only prepared to grant one, the Defendants application to strike out, would have assumed that the Courts and the Judges are obliged as to secure the ends of justice, just considering and thereafter adjudging and throwing the other parties case out on those facts, could be deemed an abuse of process which both parties, and not just one party,! were allowed to implement.

On the 25th July 2016 made application for order allowing strike out hearing granted by CT to defendants to be set-aside, again, ignored by the courts, another application and within the compliance of the rules that have been adopted, but evidently ignored by the defendant, but more importantly by the court.

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

2) The Claimant is within 28 days to apply to the County Court in ?9hometown) of a case management hearing.

11th July 2016

That's the court's order in response to the proposed directions (+/- witness statement) from each side.

We are still missing your WS (if any), their WS (if any) and their proposed directions.

We still don't know which paragraphs of your proposed directions you think meant you were asking for it to be heard in the High Court.

We still don't know why you have concluded you were "ignored", rather than "the court considered both sets of submissions and decided bearing in mind both".

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks