style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In court monday with a really dodgy private parking company.

It's been a long drawn out fight where they just refused to be reasonable.

THe Landowner has a managing agent looking after the site , the PPC are the agents of the agent...

I Contacted the Landowner on late monday afternoon ,

i wanted to find out if the PPC had authorisation to take people to court.

Eventually i spoke to a lady in Admin ,

explained to her what happened ,

how the PPC havn't been agreeable at all

and she said she would find out which dept manages the site and get them to call me back

to be honest i thought i was being fobbed off.

about 30 minutes late i got a call from the managing agent ,

who told me he was calling the PPC

and instructing them to drop the case.

I was driving at the time and told him i would call him back in 20 minutes.

20 minutes later i'm on the phone and was told that the ppc have been instructed to drop the cas

e and i would have an email in the next 2 mins to confirm this.

i was also told to ignore any correspondance from the PPC

i have this email...

for what it's worth the email is an official company one.

this all happened on monday late afternoon ,

it's now thursday and i haven't heard anything ,

i checked the court listings and my case is still there..

so my question is....

do i go to court and take the email with me?

should I wait to see what happens and if the case goes ahead then appeal or have it set aside???

If it is still listed at the court, yes you should attend and provide the email. Ask for your costs, by providing these. E.g costs in dealing with this and transport to court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If it is still listed at the court, yes you should attend and provide the email. Ask for your costs, by providing these. E.g costs in dealing with this and transport to court.

will the email be sufficient though?

all it says is "as discussed we wanted to confirm that any action by XXXXX has been cancelled in respect of the above vehicle being parked at XXXXXX last year on xx/xx/xx"

it's an official email from the company , with contact numbers etc

Should be OK, as it is quite clear.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, as you have been advised, you must go to court.

As you have been advised very late in the day that they are going to drop the case, then if I were you I would go and see the judge if the case is called and asked for some cost towards your fares and so forth.

Please see our customer services guide. You will see how much emphasis we place on recording the calls and you really should have done so on this occasion – as you now understand.

County courts are very inefficient and you might find that the matter is still listed even on the day of the hearing despite the fact that you have been told that it has been withdrawn.

If you are unlucky enough that the other side decides to turn up then you will lose and a judgement will be given against you and you will then have to go through the hassle of applying for set-aside together with all of the expenses and inconvenience that that means.

If you are unlucky enough that the other side decides to turn up then you will lose and a judgement will be given against you and you will then have to go through the hassle of applying for set-aside together with all of the expenses and inconvenience that that means.

Why would we lose if the other side decide to turn up ? Is the email not enough?

Did you mean we will automatically lose if we do not attend or lose anyway?

I think we had a very strong case in the first place and i'm hoping that confirmation from the landowners agents that the matter is dropped is enough to put an end to it?

Why would we lose if the other side decide to turn up ? Is the email not enough?

Did you mean we will automatically lose if we do not attend or lose anyway?

I think we had a very strong case in the first place and i'm hoping that confirmation from the landowners agents that the matter is dropped is enough to put an end to it?

You are likely to loose if the other side turn up saying they want the case heard, and you don't turn up..... You should turn up to be sure as stranger things have happened.