amigo loans claimform - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well according to their T&Cs they are allowed to contact the Guarantor...it doesn't say where...but it is considered bad practice by the FCA..With regards to them not contacting you and they sate they have within their particulars...then again you can deny that they followed Pre Action Protocol and failed to comply ...again these are minor defence points...and not enough to justify defending the claim...IMHO.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would that and the fact the account is in dispute not be a good enough defence, as i would be happy to start making payments again and come to a resolution with them

if i did defend what is the worst thing that could happen

also at the time the defualt was issues i was only 66.37 which is less than one month payment can the default still be raised at that time

also at the time the defualt was issues i was only 66.37 which is less than one month payment can the default still be raised at that time

Yes because it was a fixed term loan...repayable on demand if defaulted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

andy i thought a defult had to be three missed payments not just one

andy here is the defence i intend to submit at the min as i was thinking the default was not correct

It is admitted that I did take out an agreement xxxxxx on the 21st of january 2015.

this account is in dispute as they have never accepted to send out and income and expenditure form,

when they were informed of the changes to my circumstances,

they have also failed to give an accurate picture of the account when calling mrs xxxxx by informing her that we are two months in arrears when we are not.

they have also failed to follow correct precourt action protocal by not contacting Mr xxxxxx since august when the account entered dispute and raised with the ombudsman.

I would also like to bring to your attention that the defualt notice was raised after only missing one payment,

that payment was made shortly afterwards

a part payment being made to try and bring the account upto date at this point

i did request a income and expenditure form, to try and resolve the issues i was having at the time,

however amigo loans then raised a default notice as the account was not even a full monthly payment behind.

Therefore for the above reasons the claimant is denied the relief claimed or any relief.

andy should i still incldue abouth the default as i had not missed a full payment at the time it was raised i had made a payment for over half that month

you need to align your replies to their POC sentence numbers

like andy did in post 37

however, there appears to be nowt of relevance in your defence.

pers I'd be going for a tomlin.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you look at the T&Cs under " Our Rights " you will see that they can accept partial payments or even late payments without losing their rights.......there is no way around the agreement or the defaults or how many missed payments........the T&Cs......well you would have to be mad to accept them or pretty desperate to deal with them.

no rules against either.

its for you to resolve debt issues

theres no rule that they cant issue a default after 1 month.

and anyway, all they'll do issue a correct default notice and that settles that issue.

a faulty DN is no concrete reason alone to defend a claim.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

hi guys

i am in court with this on friday

i have tried to come to an agreement with them but they were having none of it.

dont know what to expect

i have had a document come throught about all the points they have made

and i know some of them are wrong but i dont have the evidence of the calls to back it up,

i will be going

does anyone have any advice on what to expect etc

so you tried approaching them regarding a tomlin/consent order as andy suggested?

and they refused?

and they

" i have had a document come through about all the points they have made and i know some of them are wrong but i dont have the evidence of the calls to back it up, "

That will be their witness statement ....have you complied with your directions and submitted your witness statement and standard disclosure by the dates stated in your notice of allocation?

Andy

Didnt ask you that TB...have you complied with the court directions ?....if not you will not be able to rely on any evidence or witness statement on Friday.

Didnt ask you that TB...have you complied with the court directions ?....if not you will not be able to rely on any evidence or witness statement on Friday.

I haven't yet I didn't read it fully will look at it again today

I haven't yet I didn't read it fully will look at it again today

It will be too late as your in court this Friday

You could try and email your disclosures and witness statement across today to the court and claimant...cross your fingers its accepted.

At the very least attend...otherwise you will not stand a chance having not submitted your disclosures or witness statement.

thank you every one for your input,

i attended court last week and the judgement was entered

i have 14 days to pay the full amount

i am going to fill out an income and expenditure form to try and arrange payments with them,

just a quick question

it was a joing judgement,

what does this mean

i believed it would just be a judgement on my self not a joint one,

It simply means that you are both liable for payment and both have a CCJ registered against you...but payment is only from one of you.

Application to vary payment to monthly.(fee £50)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Sept-2015**

Regards

Andy

i was told to fill out an income and expenditure form to see what i can afford to pay so do i still need to pay that £50 to vary the payment or would sending that sort that out for a monthly figure i can afford

Who told you to fill out an income and expenditure form ?

They mean submit an N245 as per my post#71 above