he has never paid council tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a question

i know someone who has never paid council tax

he lives with his grandmother last 20 years rent free food free everything free

he does not work and he has no respect for her. she is 89 .

i would like to tell the council but i know he will just get her to paid it !!

she has dementia, and does not no what she is doing.

would the council hold him accountable for the recovery or his poor grandmother ?

Ctax is per property not person

So I'd expect granny gets it free anway?

But as said he's a shock coming soon...

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What do you mean he has never paid it?

Is he liable for it?

If he lives with his grand mother,

is she the bill payer?

Does she not already pay it?

Do you know what their agreement is?

Does he help with her everyday needs to earn his keep?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you come across as a nosey parker rather than a concerned family member etc.

I mean no disrespect, just need more info before we can evaluate and decide who might owe what.

i have a question

i know someone who has never paid council tax

he lives with his grandmother last 20 years rent free food free everything free

he does not work and he has no respect for her. she is 89 .

i would like to tell the council but i know he will just get her to paid it !!

she has dementia, and does not no what she is doing.

would the council hold him accountable for the recovery or his poor grandmother ?

If you are concerned about possible elder abuse, then phone up social services and explain why you are concerned. Simply saying he doesn't pay council tax is likely not to be taken seriously..

yes i do understand what your saying about being a nosey parker but i have not given the full story . its not a happy relationship she wants him out the house she pays for every thing and the social services are now involved due to his neglect . she does not pay council tax as exempt but he told her not to say he lives there .

OK if she receives CTax reductions then anyone living with her may impact on entitlements.

You could in theory make an anonymous report to the LA but in doing so may harm the person you intend to protect as any extra liability would be the bill payers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As SabreSheep says this could all end in tears as the chances are nothing has been said about him living there & the chances are she has had Single Person Discount applied on top of any associated Benefits. He, no doubt will get off scot free whilst the old lady could even end up with a criminal record - sounds as if this should all be approached sensitively and may need the help of Local Councillors. Best sorted before it gets any worse.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As SabreSheep says this could all end in tears as the chances are nothing has been said about him living there & the chances are she has had Single Person Discount applied on top of any associated Benefits. He, no doubt will get off scot free whilst the old lady could even end up with a criminal record - sounds as if this should all be approached sensitively and may need the help of Local Councillors. Best sorted before it gets any worse.

yes thank you everyone for your help as it will affect my grandmother so i will just stay out of it all thanks