can i get arrested for giving false details to environmental officer? threw down butt end upon entering shop.

Hi

i smoke cigarillo's, no filter.

just before entering a shop i threw my cigarillo into a drain.

came out of the shop, approached by a environmental officer, i panicked gave false details. was issued a £150 fine. 

i had to get back to my car which im guessing he saw.

I gave my dads name, hes not around anymore. 

im so frightened that ive done the wrong thing. 

i dont know what to do .. i dont want to be looking over my shoulder .. 

help?

• dx100uk changed the title to can i get arrested for giving false details to environmental officer? threw down but end upon entering shop.

simply ans is no.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to can i get arrested for giving false details to environmental officer? threw down butt end upon entering shop.

i was answering the thread title (now updated) 

no cannot be arrested for giving false info.

• Like 2

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX, thats really good to know.

when i search on the internet i keep seeing scary things, like criminal records and even prison for giving false info to the fake officers ..  they really  know what strings to pull dont they . 

i had a moment today where i just didnt want to go back outside ever.  

and i hope im not being annoying but you guys give me strength. 

Honeybee, thank you ..  cant find the forum ?

Ive donated as much as i can this month.  promise to give more next.

from the bottom of my heart , thank you

You're on the new forum, you automatically caught up with your thread in the Local Authorities subforum.

Thank you for the donation, that's kind.

At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, dropping cigarette, etc butts is littering [whether they have filters or not] and I believe dropping them down drains is also littering because butts can block the drains. That costs the local authority or water company money to deal with.

I don't know why you didn't find a bin or somewhere to stub out a cigarette but if you don't want this kind of thing to happen again, that's the way to go. :)

HB

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

il be  honest with you , ive been so manic ive just not been thinking straight .. the bin next to the drain was full up, hence why the officer was hangin around. never seen him before  in that area. . 

But I put my cigarette stub in a drain

Cigarette butts don’t disappear by disposing of them in a drain; you are still littering and causing additional problems. Cigarettes can block drains and cause pollution to waterways and the sea. Cigarette litter can also pose a hazard to animals and marine life when they mistake filters for food. The law applies to drains.

HB

environmental officers aren't 'fake' either. 

ok they have no legal powers other than to issue their tickets, but those can have serious implications if you dont pay them,

did they give you a copy of the Fixed Penalty Notice?

and they

Pay the fixed penalty notice ASAP.   Things can escalate quickly and end up costing much more. Example below.

WWW.GAZETTESERIES.CO.UK

A KINGSWOOD man has been ordered to pay almost £1,000 after being found guilty of littering in South Gloucestershire.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've just reached that conclusion as well, UB. If the council wanted to take the case to court because the FPN isn't paid, they might make more effort to trace khid and it could be far more expensive.

HB

HB,

yep wearing a body cam, honestly thought it was a scam, blistered on his face, messy uniform ... as all he had round his neck was a photo of himself with his name underneath.

doesnt have my name gave a different one ...

but did see me get into my car which i had to get into to pick up my child  (didnt want a fine for late pickup of my child from school) 

Yeah guess so. gutted. no idea how im gonna get 150 squid within 2 weeks. damn

expensive lesson learnt here for sure.

. thanks for all your help

have a good week guys

K

15 hours ago, khid said:

the bin next to the drain was full up, hence why the officer was hangin around

What an enterprising chap!

Wonder if the council have a tick system, or run a competion?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

a school cant fine you ! only a court can ever fine anyone.

i will guess this littering FPN is now outside of 14 days since issue?

• Like 1

and they

Next time:

1. don't litter!!

2. if an Enforcement Agent approaches you and accuses you of littering pick up the alleged litter and walk away, the 'offence' is not dropping a fag butt to put it out, it's leaving it there, pick it up - there's no offence.

3. The EA has no power to insist you provide them with ID nor can they follow you into private property so go into a shop, pub - anywhere that might have a back exit!. They also have to remain in an area so you can jump on a bus or get a cab and leave the area. Just ignore them until you can get away from them, they cannot stop you walking.

They are private company employees contracted to the LA to hand out these tickets. Do not comply!