I had to call an ambulance for my wife, but one of the paramedics was not happy, about the condition of our house, as it's cluttered. And he would only see to my wife, on the ambulance itself. After diagnosis they took my wife to hospital. My wife was ill for a few months, and received help from the district nurses.

We then got a call from a social worker, who wanted to visit us, and discuss ways to make my wife more comfortable. When I asked for more details, she became vague, but could give us a phone number, if she visited. I politely declined her offer, as I was coping, along with my daughter in caring for my wife. Then a letter arrived from another social worker, saying similar things, to the first. I didn't bother to reply.

Another letter has just turned up, from the social services legal department, which doesn't say anything specific, but refers to the other social workers trying to visit us. Coming from a legal department, has badly upset my wife, who's recovery was on going, and she now fears that someone will be coming to the house, to do whatever.

Do we have to respond, or take notice of these people.

Also we recently had a fire prevention officer come and fit, smoke and heat detectors.

He didn't voice any concerns with the conditions at the property.

Worried, Paul.

IMHO i would not call it harassment at all but help and you are overtly worrying and jumping to conclusions that are not there at all.

accept it and all the help you can poss ever get, it can't hurt you nor your wife at all.

they are most certainly are not going to nor can come with demands/threats that is done and the house is a smelly mess etc etc etc.

they will provide help to sort any issues

i cant see why you are worried...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Its to confirm, or not, if there are any safeguarding issues.

These people, as you unfortunately call them, are only there to help, as you and your family are too close to any issues to be objective.

Accept the offer, you might not get another chance.

H

Edited by Hammy1962

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Once social services become involved, it is very difficult for them not to attend a property. 

If someone died and later there was an inquest, social services would be under a spotlight about actions they failed to take, that might have prevented the death. This is the reason for the legal department sending the letter.

Not saying that anyone in your household is in danger,  but social services without visiting may be worried about the condition of the housing and possible risk to occupants.

I would suggest that you agree for social services to attend, just so that any concerns raised can be cleared up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread