Newlyn Notice of Enforcement for council tax Liabilty Order dated 19/02/2015

Hi all, 

I have received some great help here in the past and was wondering if anyone could assist me with this issue.  

I have just received a "Notice of Enforcement" from Newlyn's dated 12/03/2024.  The Enforcement details box just states "  Magistrates Liability Order dated 19/02/2015 for non - payment of council tax 31/03/2015 and nothing else and it's not clear what year it is even for.  I have to assume 2015.

I've attached a copy.

I lived in this property from late 2015 to June 2020 and paid all my council tax on a monthly basis and have no knowledge of these arrears or even this Liability Order.

I have lived in my current property since June 2020 and have never received anything other than this enforcement notification today, nine years after it was obtained. 

The council on the order were notified when I changed council tax accounts, in May 2020, as well as when and where I was moving too. 

At no point did they contact me to advise or even ask for these council tax arrears.

In fact I've received nothing from them at my new address.  

I've read up on Liability Orders and believe they have no time limit and are not covered by the 6 year rule, I'm just wondering if this is correct?

Also, that I had 21 days from the Order to appeal, but having no knowledge of this in 2015, is it too late to now appeal?  It's not to clear from what I've read. 

They've given me until 26/03/24 to deal with this, which surely is not right after nine years.

Thanks for any help or assistance given here. 

Order.pdf

ring the originating council and find out what is going on.

many are doing this under some new historic council tax debt unit that has been implement.

basically getting back old debts as they are short of money.

the NOE gives 7 days warning before further action, like a visit and its fee is £75.

should the bailiff then attend, the extra fee is £235, giving a total of £310 , thats all they can charge.

just remember there is no right of forced entry on CTAX LO's so simply ignore them and it'll go back to the originating council.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...