Vehicle Control Solutions & Rossendale Collects

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a little advice needed please. I received a Private Parking Invoice on July 22 in Manchester from Vehicle Control Solutions.

I looked on a couple of forums and the advice seemed to be to ignore it and don't make contact until the 'Notice to Registered Keeper' arrives.

BTW, the parking ticket states that 'The driver is liable for this PCN'.

This morning, I received a letter from Rossendale Collects, dated October 10, giving me 7 days to pay a balance (no mention of fine or invoice) of £130.00.

This is the original invoice of £100.00 plus an administration fee of £30.00.

The letter is, grammatically, terrible. One line reads

'You have ignored previous request for payment'

They also seem to have an aversion to the use of a comma too!

Also, there is no mention of the date the invoice was given or the address of the car park.

I heard that if the the parking company don't write to the registered keeper within 56 days, that is reason enough to cancel the invoice.

Has anybody had any experiences with these companies?

Shall I just ignore this letter and future ones?

Many thanks in advance!

Well if this is the first correspondence then there is no keeper liability.

The conditions of the POFA have not been met. Any debt collector connected to the private parking industry,who tries to chase someone for money, has no power at all. They can be ignored...

If you wish to find out to who , why and when your personal details were sold by the DVLA, then make a complaint and demand to know;

email - [email protected]

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

Agree with above, the more complaints the DVLA get about private parking companies abusing the system the greater the liklihood that something will be done to revisit sch 4 of the PoFA in parliament.

Ignore rossers, they have no interest in the matter. VCS are members of the IPC and they think that the law doesnt apply to their members

And as Rosser Collect are their DCA arm, any reference to them in their 'bailiff' capacity in any of their missives, MUST be reported to the FCA.

They like to intimidate people with their bailiff image.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

On July 22, I received a 'Parking Charge Notice' on my windshield in a car park in Manchester. The advice seemed to be to ignore it until I received a NTK through the mail. I received no other contact from Vehicle Control Services and on Oct 10 I received a letter from Rossendale Collect giving me 7 days to pay £130.00

Yesterday morning, I received another letter threatening 'a visit from a doorstep collector to obtain payment or discuss a repayment structure'.

It then goes on to read, in red, block capitals 'THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THIS MATTER MAY PROCEED TO COURT, WE RECOMMEND YOU MAKE A PAYMENT IN FULL NOW'.

Anybody out there have experience of receiving these letters? I suppose I should just keep ignoring, as VCS haven't followed the letter of the law?

Have you got a big dog? If so dont feed it for a couple of days and then they can have a free meal.

You wont get a doorstepper, even Rossers arent that stupid. If they were their employees would all be in prison and they couldnt carry on sending out pointless letters. Let them wate their money and time and only respond if you get a lba from VCS. They sometimes do court but lose each time

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I need some advice please on how to deal with this:

I received a PCN for overstaying in Manchester on July 22 2015, it was left on my window. I ignoredicon it waiting for the NTK to arrive but it never did. I then started to receive several letters from Rossendale Collects, the last one to arrive was mid/end November 2015.

Last week I received 2 letters in the same envelope. The first was from VCS Ltd saying the 'account balance' has been sent to BW Legal and to contact them about the charge. The second letter from BW states they will 'take our clients instructions to commence legal proceedings against you in the form of a county courticon claim form in the county court'. It seems really odd that 2 separate organisations would use the same envelope, maybe a way of cutting down on costs maybe? Is this something I can file under 'trash' or do I need to contact POPLAicon? Or has that window of opportunity closed? To be clear, I have never corresponded with any of this companies.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

So you still haven't received the NTK?

They are truly blagging it and are on a hiding to nowhere, there is no chance this will ever get near a court.

File 13.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for advice so far. This morning I received another letter from BWLegal claiming final notice and that if I don't pay the 'balance' within 10 days 'VCS has instructed us to commence county court proceedings'.

It also mentions the case of Parking Eye v Beavis and that this ruling eliminates my main defence. I find this quite odd, as they have no idea what my main defence is. They also add that if an appeal has been turned down by an IAS the county court will reach the same conclusion.

This relates to a parking matter from July 2015, of which I still haven't received a NTK.

Many thanks,

File it away under ignore.

But me being me would be welcoming them to take me to court, and I'd give them all of the dates I'm free to attend, they haven't a chance of this even getting a look in at court!

Youve already had your answer why. The conditions of POFA havent been met at all from the very first time they communicated with you. The judge would give them a proper kick up their rears if they tried and you went in with the info we give you. BWlegal also send out template letters en masse and cite the beavis case. A case which has absolutely no relevance to you or your situation as the PPC havent complied with the POFA in the first place.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D