Should we leave the EU..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the British Cabinet?

Yes, that is a fair point that UK government is not any more open than the EU.

Some people who are anti EU are honest to admit that they don't like the EU purely because they don't feel part of Europe. They see the UK as an island nation that has different values to countries in mainland Europe.

I personally don't feel this way and that the UK is better being part of a larger union of countries, that seeks to gain agreement, where it is mostly in the interests of all countries and citizens. Nothing is perfect and the EU needs to be reformed. But Cameron has found out that he is unlikely to gain any reform, just because of an in/out referendum. He might think that other EU leaders will offer the UK some changes when the referendum draws closer, but the EU has other massive issues to deal with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am getting rather fed up with this usual USSEU Rhetoric and tin foil hat mentality by some posters. This constant spamming of Photoshopped pictures and personal YouTube blogs does not help. Why is it when ever you ask legitimate questions the No to the EU contingent will never answer the question, just post some obscure link?

I must say on this forum you can debate such issues without being called the usual Leftie, Commie Paedo default response.

The real problem is that it is always the negatives of membership being constantly rammed down our throats in the national press, never the positives or what impact any exit will have on trade, but more importantly employment security.

Some of us just wish for an honest debate without the usual political rabid dog persuasion from whichever side of the political spectrum you support

Wouldn't it be better if we posted the pros and cons of membership rather than going into long dialogues that don't really help.

I don't know enough of the benefits or negatives so I can be called a floater (if you wish)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Those who are against something tend to shout louder !

Newspapers like the Daily Mail like stories about the EU, purely because they encourage more views and comments being added. The more people viewing Daily Mail online, the more they earn from advertising. The Daily Mail owners or editors may be anti EU, but that is not the reason for negative EU stories all of the time.

Some newspapers like the Telegraph and Express are totally anti EU, because they think it serves their business interests. Telegraph owners live in the Channel Islands, where they would pay a lot less tax.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Web forums in the last five years have been taken over by UKIP zealots. I'd suggest this site to perform a bit of a cleanup. I have been active for three years but if I had joined now, I couldn't have recognized for what it was.

Conniff, good job for ** edited out ** this forum up. I hope you make some money out of it, because if you do it for free there must be something wrong with you.

Edited by Conniff
Remove evasion of swear filter

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

My main anti is that German, 'oh look I've got another Primark jacket,' woman who thinks she is the boss. There are a select few who are unelected, (at least our cabinet is elected), who tell all the others what to do.

If our Cabinet counts as "elected" (and I agree that it does) then so does the Council of Ministers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The bear garden is a bit different to the rest of CAG. It is for general chat mostly on current affairs topics. The rest of the site is for specific issues that are affecting peoples lifes.

Web forums in the last five years have been taken over by UKIP zealots. I'd suggest this site to perform a bit of a cleanup. I have been active for three years but if I had joined now, I couldn't have recognized for what it was.

Conniff, good job for ** edited out ** this forum up. I hope you make some money out of it, because if you do it for free there must be something wrong with you.

I find that comment a bit too personal for my liking. By all means contribute to the debate, but personal attacks will not be tolerated. - Only warning :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I am getting rather fed up with this usual USSEU Rhetoric and tin foil hat mentality by some posters. This constant spamming of Photoshopped pictures and personal YouTube blogs does not help. Why is it when ever you ask legitimate questions the No to the EU contingent will never answer the question, just post some obscure link?

I must say on this forum you can debate such issues without being called the usual Leftie, Commie Paedo default response.

The real problem is that it is always the negatives of membership being constantly rammed down our throats in the national press, never the positives or what impact any exit will have on trade, but more importantly employment security.

Some of us just wish for an honest debate without the usual political rabid dog persuasion from whichever side of the political spectrum you support

Ok, here's your chance to convert all the no's with your reasons why everyone should vote 'yes' ??

1. Free Trade Agreement (No customs duties etc)

2. Britain would still have to accept 75% of EU law to trade within the EU. (Four founding principles)

3. Britain will have to pay substantial fees like China to export into the EU.

4.Britain will lose credibility in negotiations with other world powers if we lose all negotiating powers at the EU top table. (World influence)

5. Britain's GDP will fall dramatic

6.Employment will be restricted for UK nationals wanting to live and work throughout the EU.

7. Major car manufactures etc will move to a member states with lower cost base. Britain will be hit with import tax into the EU and no doubt the British Government will also instigate an export tax as well.

8. Farmers will lose billions through EU subsidies.

9. Britain will be given the scraps that remain. Europe will look after its remaining 27 member states first before the little englander

10. Employment rights such as the working time directive, paid holiday and sick pay, maternity rights, employee Health and safety etc, etc

11. No world war for over 70 years

12. Britain gets far more back as to GDP and trade than its contributions into the EU (0.4%) which is set as to GDP. The return the UK gets is 62-78 Billion a year. (Source CBI)

13. No more EU development fund to promote Growth and employment in economic black spots with building projects

14. The UK Parliament still remains the supreme legislature to make, enact, and repeal all laws

That will do for starters

There are a lot of 'will' in there, can we be shown the proof of your claims or are they all supposition ?

No.9 Yea, it really is a shame that Canada, the USA, Australia, NZ etc are all doing so badly and are in a worse state than say Nigeria, they would really be better off if they could join the EU.

No.11 is really silly. So if we leave, the world will go to war is what you are saying.

No.12

Britain's EU contributions chart

article-0-0E7D3F1D00000578-723_468x240_popup.jpg

Edited by Conniff

Considering the likes of our commonwealth countries already have a Trade agreement with the chinese, the same as the EU. It is called the Trans Pacific Trading Partnership. All my links have been referenced through the CBI, Independent council for law reporting and the House of commons own library. No ifs about it

As to number 11

The whole purpose of the EU was to stop the insular ape superiority complex of European nation's. These nations work together as one now, no impose diktat on another. The result has been the longest period of peace the world has ever known

Pity people are not dealing with the issues now , i........e. Budget Cuts by the Tories and look for now at the difference it will make to the real man in the street and the difference to the Tory backers with money - that is what it is all about at the moment, we all went thru EU membership in the very early 70s, budget now and EU after all settled,

many a true word said when it is thought Governments want the people to concentrate on t=one subject, but behind the scenes do something else which when found out it is too late for the populous to know.

History shows this.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

That is just the point, we didn't go through any EU membership anything, we had a referendum on a 'Common Market' ie a combined trade agreement, not any mention about taking our sovereign powers from us.

Conniff

If you are going to put up indiscriminate posts, you tube blogs, photoshopped pictures

Then please reference those posts with a credible reference source like i have done and not some right wing anti Europe twisted agenda. They are the usual no campaign ramblings otherwise

2. Britain would still have to accept 75% of EU law to trade within the EU. (Four founding principles)

4.Britain will lose credibility in negotiations with other world powers if we lose all negotiating powers at the EU top table. (World influence)

6.Employment will be restricted for UK nationals wanting to live and work throughout the EU.

7. Major car manufactures etc will move to a member states with lower cost base. Britain will be hit with import tax into the EU and no doubt the British Government will also instigate an export tax as well.

9. Britain will be given the scraps that remain. Europe will look after its remaining 27 member states first before the little englander

10. Employment rights such as the working time directive, paid holiday and sick pay, maternity rights, employee Health and safety etc, etc

12. Britain gets far more back as to GDP and trade than its contributions into the EU (0.4%) which is set as to GDP. The return the UK gets is 62-78 Billion a year. (Source CBI)

13. No more EU development fund to promote Growth and employment in economic black spots with building projects

14. The UK Parliament still remains the supreme legislature to make, enact, and repeal all laws

Would this mean that we could stop importing foodstuff from all over the EU rather than using what is grown in this country ?

France's farming subsidies are far higher than those given to the UK - yet France is very inefficient in its farming.

France and Italy only obey those EU regulations that suit France and Italy. the UK seems to be forced into obeying all ?

Would we be able to reclaim our fishing grounds instead of letting all of the EU take what they want ?

Would we see British firms tendering for the large engineering and building projects.. rather than letting Germany, France etc have them ?

Would we be able to reclaim our utility companies ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I see no references ????

And stop the personal slagging off, I am not right wing, left wing or any wing.

The simple fact is people cannot say what will happen as it has not happened before. One thing is for certain for the UK to trade with Europe it will still have to comply with its treaty laws of trade, the same as Switzerland and Norway, The EU will look after their existing member states first before the little englander