Euro Car Parks - Illegal tickets??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I'd appreciate it if somebody would advise me on the following. My wife took our daughter to a hospital for an important appointment, but there was no places in the car park, and she was already very close to the appointment time, so basically in desperation my wife parked the car behind a line of other cars immediately after a car standing there moved out. That bay appeared to be with 'no park here' sign on the pavement, however, she did not see it. The weather was also not helping (usual London weather with rain or drizzle). She did pay. Eventually we were sent a fine notice to pay. We appealed putting (in our view) a very strong case, however, yesterday they (Euro Car Park) rejected the appeal without any consideration of the points put forward in our letter to them.

The main point is that if we have an important appointment, and what could be more important than the health of your child, then the hospital is supposed to provide the necessary parking as we live quite a distance from it.

Do we have any other option as to comply with their claim and pay? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Lev

Ignore Ignore ignore and ignore some more:). Even when you get letters designed to frighten and intimidate you

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I'd appreciate it if somebody would advise me on the following. My wife took our daughter to a hospital for an important appointment, but there was no places in the car park, and she was already very close to the appointment time, so basically in desperation my wife parked the car behind a line of other cars immediately after a car standing there moved out. That bay appeared to be with 'no park here' sign on the pavement, however, she did not see it. The weather was also not helping (usual London weather with rain or drizzle). She did pay. Eventually we were sent a fine notice to pay. We appealed putting (in our view) a very strong case, however, yesterday they (Euro Car Park) rejected the appeal without any consideration of the points put forward in our letter to them.

The main point is that if we have an important appointment, and what could be more important than the health of your child, then the hospital is supposed to provide the necessary parking as we live quite a distance from it.

Do we have any other option as to comply with their claim and pay? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Lev

You wasted your time and money with an 'appeal' no matter how strong your case, now return the favour and ignore them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Euro Car Parks??????

I received a letter yesterday from these people. Have read these forums with great interest.

Don't know if my problem is slightly different.....I visited Morrisons 3 weeks ago. Got this letter with a nice photograph of my front number plate both entering and leaving the car park. (free parking for up to 120 mins) I had NO ticket issued on the day in question. First I heard was this letter demanding £70 within seven days or would go up to £90 and then a debt recovering agency would be involved. They say I overstayed by 51 minutes. All this grief for giving Morrisons my well earned money in their store. They have an in store restaurant to encourage you to stay longer and then this happens!

So, do I just ignore like all your posts say???? No ticket has ever been issued to the vehicle....just this letter demanding money....how can that be right?....no acts or sections referred to in their letter whatsoever, just letter headed paper!!

They refer to signs being displayed...not that I ever noticed but on re visiting to look, there are signs dotted around but unless you're specifically looking for them, you would not see them.

Comments would be appreciated. Ta.

Thanks again for al the good advice everyone, I posted on 27th March 2010 to say I had a ticket for parking at Morrisons, so far I have only had the first form letter, they haven't even bothered to follow up, maybe Morrisons have had a lot of complaints or something.

Anyway, for other newcomers like me, take the advice given... DO NOTHING and this bunch of £$%^ will go away.

Thanks you once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I can say that ECP were nice to me when my Mum parked and did not display her disabled badge - I sent an appeal and they asked me/my mum not to do it again - however I have now been 'caught' with a camera for overstay at Morrisons and have a letter in the post - I have appealed and am waiting for a reply but I did overstay and the signs do say you should not - I am waiting on a reply to my appeal and will let you know - reading your forum should I have responded - I was worried the charge would go up - have I messed up?????

Hello everyone

I can say that ECP were nice to me when my Mum parked and did not display her disabled badge - I sent an appeal and they asked me/my mum not to do it again - however I have now been 'caught' with a camera for overstay at Morrisons and have a letter in the post - I have appealed and am waiting for a reply but I did overstay and the signs do say you should not - I am waiting on a reply to my appeal and will let you know - reading your forum should I have responded - I was worried the charge would go up - have I messed up?????

you dont even need to bother to do anything. Its all part of a [problem]!!

IGNORE all the letters!

Hello everyone

It would have been best if you hadn't contacted them. I can tell you now that your appeal will be rejected because that process is not independent, and they would be cutting their own throat if they turned down an opportunity to con money out of people. From now on do not contact them again and ignore all future correspondence from them.

As for the blue badge incident. I hope you realize that the blue badge scheme has no legal basis on private land, so they have no authority to say who can or cannot park in disabled spaces. In fact, by only limiting it to blue badge holders, they are in breach of the DDA by discriminating against disabled people who do not possess blue badges.

Edited by DBC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Further to my post about Morrison's car parks, I received my second letter the other day from Euro Car Parks.....invoice has now increased. The letter states 'outstanding balance : £90'

They have given me a further 28 days to pay otherwise they will pass the outstanding amount to a debt collection agency!

I will post again when the next one comes.

It looks like loads of people are getting stung from Morrison's in Cannock. Our free paper last week had front page news of people receiving invoices from Euro Car Parks from the number plate cameras they have installed. Unfortunately it seems lots of people are paying up.

Word needs to get around I think!!

I've had one of these letters from Euro Carparks and a second letter today from Control Account - which I propose to ignore as I was not even driving the car on the date in question. However, curious as to how they get their info. First letter addressed to the occupier (cue laughter!), second uses my first name Kate - but all legal docs eg car registration, use my full name. So info is not from DVLA.

Thats interesting, they must be using some service that is cheaper than £2.50 a go. I wonder if its all DPA compliant ? Ask the DVLA for the V888 request history against the VRN covering the relevant period just to find out about that possibility. This could be worth digging into.

They're getting rather cheeky now telephoning and asking for the person named as RK. Wont disclose what its about but give the reference on all the letters and ask to give a message for the RK to ring them. (The cheek of it)

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Yep, just hang up or ask them who they want, say you'll get them and just leave the phone off the hook.

Don't know how long they'll last. How long could YOU last knowing the person on the end keeps hanging up :-)

I went to do my usual weekly shop at Morrisons just the other week, it was a very busy day due to the lovely weather. I parked which what I thought was a space, it was at the end of the bays.

When I returned to my car I had a Eruro car parks charge notice on my windscreen, I was absolutely fuming! I marched back into Morrisons and they knew straight away what the problem was and said it was nothing to do with them and said I should go and find the man who put it on my car. What a cheek so I said I wouldn't and they could go and get him. Anyway the Euro man said I had parked illegally so I marched him outside to show me. It turns out I was parked at the end of the spaces and it wasn't actually a space but a junction:confused:. It was a genuine mistake as it was so busy I didn't realise it wasn't an actual car parking space. He said I was in the wrong. I didn't even know they had a parking attendant there, first time this has happened to me.

Just make sure you now ignore all their letters and threats. You have done nothing 'illegal'.

regards

I am going to do just that having read all the posts on here and thanks to your reply.

Just wondering though, I was driving my husbands company car........so how are they going to get my address etc.. if the car is registered to the company and not my husband....just a thought.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks