TNC/ P4Parking uk ltd Parking Charge notice on private land - advice would be very helpful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

on the date of January 21st, 2015

i visited a friend in London

to which i had to park my car within the car park provided.

I could see that signs were posted stating permit holders only.

I had parked my car and proceeded to go inside to my friends room to obtain a visitor pass

however once i cam downstairs i had a parking ticket on my car.

I was furious as i was only gone a short while to obtain what was required to park my vehicle there in the first place.

The date today is 15/04/2015 and i have just received a 'Parking charge notice' from a company called TNC parking services

stating i owe £100 for this 'offence'. I have pictures of my car with the ticket on it and with a visitor pass.

The letter i have received from TNC parking services states they are acting on behalf of their client P4Parking uk ltd.

it also clearly states all parking charges are placed on hold upon receipt of an appeal.

Furthermore TNC do not accept appeals as they did not issue the PCN and that all appeals should be made in writing directly to P4Parking within 28 days of this letter.

If the appeal is unsuccessful then i would be provided with the contact details of the Independent appeals service (POPLA) with a unique 10 digit verification code reference.

Could someone please advise me on this situation as i feel i have not done anything wrong and should not pay £100 for this unfair ticket.

Thank you all for reading this post!

Kav

They are too late issuing a notice to keeper to rely upon the PoFA to claim any keeper liability for this supposed charge. It sounds as though the windscreen ticket and this letter are probably non-compliant anyway so my advice would be to ignore them. You dont owe anything becasue you havent done anything wrong and their claim is for a breach of contract in a situation where they have failed to follow the protocols that would allow them to claim something from you.

TNC are only debt collectors and have no authority to say or do anything so it looks like P4P have decided not to bother with the proper route and are hpoing you are a mug and will pay up because someone has asked you to.

@ericsbrother thanks for the quick response. You advise is very helpful. My only concern is that as a debt collector is involved isit wise for me to ignore the letter or can the matter exceed costs and therefore incur a bigger potential fine if something was to happen? The letter states if the £100 is not paid, further charges would apply. If I'm honest I personally feel they have handled this in the wrong way it just as a debt collector has been allocated on their part now, I'm Potentially worried that they may rack up a huge bill and come knocking in my door.

Kav

There is no keeper liability.

They can only try and make the driver pay them money.

They do not know who the driver was and you have no obligation to tell them.

No body can or will come knocking on your door regarding this.

These companies are toothless and I would advise totally ignoring these [problem]....

Honestly, don't worry about these rent a debt cowboys. They have less teeth than my pet budgie.

As they (TNC) are not the principle they are unable to take action against you in their own name, only P4P can do that, and they'd fail at the first hurdle if they did because they've not complied with the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Keep the letters, but don't worry about them. The only thing you need to concern yourself with is IF you get a letter entitled "Letter Before Action" from P4P or 'official' papers from a county court, and that's extremely unlikely in this case.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

To all,

Thank you all for the advice, really do appreciate it. Il just leave things as they are and if court paperwork is to arrive then il have to show evidence on my side, which is think will be very unlikely.

You'll probably get some more letters from TNC, some of them might even use BIG BOLD LETTERS and scary red ink all trying to intimidate you into paying them. Don't fall for it.

It would be rather like me sending you a demand for £100+ because you've read this post. Would you pay me? No, thought not biggrin.png

As I said, the only time you'll need to come back for further advice is IF they (P4P) decide to take the matter to court, and even if they did you'd beat them hands down, as they've not followed the rules. It's like you've already won, but the other team won't accept the result tongue.png

• Haha 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.